Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lalababa wrote: »
    Yep , stuff like rohipnol ...lbg I think. Tis like 50 cents a hit.

Why pick rohipnol over other benzodiazepines? There are other cheap benzos you could mix with alcohol that would give a better high with less chance of blacking out. Of course mixing any benzo with alcohol is a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Can't understand why there isn't more raids. Anyone caught with it should be prosecuted and named publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Can't understand why there isn't more raids. Anyone caught with it should be prosecuted and named publicly.

I think you would be very surprised the people that were named and shamed . We have used drugs for hundreds of years ain't going to stop legalize not criminalize :)

I think you would be very surprised the people that were named and shamed . We have used drugs for hundreds of years ain't going to stop legalize not criminalize :)

No, criminalising is just fine. Anyone caught using should be crushed, I'd that means changing laws then fine. Have them start losing jobs, rentals, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Looks like a nice morning out. Gonna get up now and have myself an American coffee. Is there a better way to start the day? I don't think so! God bless the Peruvians.

• Advertisement

No, criminalising is just fine. Anyone caught using should be crushed, I'd that means changing laws then fine. Have them start losing jobs, rentals, etc.
    i like your spirit young templemore recruit.. crush them robo cop

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hahaha excellent, that ll show them!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Hahaha excellent, that ll show them!

They don't need to be shown if they don't want to be as it's a choice, remember. Just need to make a good example of a few early days and one people see them destroyed they won't have the minerals for it and it'll stop.

They don't need to be shown if they don't want to be as it's a choice, remember. Just need to make a good example of a few early days and one people see them destroyed they won't have the minerals for it and it'll stop.

Hahaha, ah you're a funny one, heres an idea, I can guarantee you it won't stop it. Anyhow, back to reality

I'm not attempting humor. It's should be stopped by whatever means necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Why like??

Anyone doing it,is only damage to emselves their doing ,live and let live brother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Looks like a nice morning out. Gonna get up now and have myself an American coffee. Is there a better way to start the day? I don't think so! God bless the Peruvians.
    I've got Mate de Coca from Bolivia. Coca tea leaf, gives a nice buzz, somewhat like a strong coffee with a different head buzz.

Leave the planet if you don't want to see humans consuming mind altering substances, as I suspect if you don't, you're gonna live a very frustrated life

You're all up very early for users.

Who needs sleep! Drugs are great for this!

Is that because scientology doesn't allow a sense of humour. You need drugs more than anyone mate jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Please do tell me about the roaring success of prohibition where those tactics worked out so splendidly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Plenty of people destroying their lives with cocaine that many of ye here talk so flippantly about .
    It’s bad enough for those that fcuk up their lives which is their own choice but it also has a massive impact on their families in most instances . If cocaine is your thing I’d feel sorry for youse rather than going round acting the cool man taking drugs . I’m sure your dealers are having a good laugh at you as they get all your dough .

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Plenty of people destroying their lives with cocaine that many of ye here talk so flippantly about .
    It’s bad enough for those that fcuk up their lives which is their own choice but it also has a massive impact on their families in most instances . If cocaine is your thing I’d feel sorry for youse rather than going round acting the cool man taking drugs . I’m sure your dealers are having a good laugh at you as they get all your dough .

I myself dont take drugs i have when i was younger they just don't appeal to me anymore. IMO it's because of proabition that we have all these scumbags running around shooting each other. There is not enough open talk about addiction and the impacts of drugs such as cocaine.. people usually find out the hard way. Drugs in society are here to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

LuasSimon wrote: »

Plenty of people destroying their lives with alcohol that many of ye talk so flippantly about.

It's bad enough..... Publicans getting all your dough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Muzzymor

Blaming "prohibition" and suggesting legalisation as a solution is an argument put forward by useful idiots who've been fed a few soundbites by those with a financial interest in legalisation.

"Prohibition doesn't work" might be less nonsensical if we'd actually enforced prohibition over the past couple of decades. We have junkies falling around the streets of the city centre and people freely using drugs in clubs etc and boasting about it. Prohibition me arse.

Prohibition works in lots of countries, what you're really saying is that either you like drugs and want them to be legal or like most western centrists/liberals you just don't have the stomach to actually properly enforce laws against drug USE (not just supply) because every criminal is just a poor victim of circumstance.

Look at Japan. You'll find BS guardian articles trying to claim there's a secret drug problem there but has anyone who's been to Tokyo ever seen even one junkie roaming the streets/causing trouble?
    Take a leaf out of their book. Start locking people up for possession/use, make it something you lose your job and get a criminal record for and you'll see the demand go down quick enough.

Muzzymor wrote: »
    Blaming "prohibition" and suggesting legalisation as a solution is an argument put forward by useful idiots who've been fed a few soundbites by those with a financial interest in legalisation.

"Prohibition doesn't work" might be less nonsensical if we'd actually enforced prohibition over the past couple of decades. We have junkies falling around the streets of the city centre and people freely using drugs in clubs etc and boasting about it. Prohibition me arse.

Prohibition works in lots of countries, what you're really saying is that either you like drugs and want them to be legal or like most western centrists/liberals you just don't have the stomach to actually properly enforce laws against drug USE (not just supply) because every criminal is just a poor victim of circumstance.

Look at Japan. You'll find BS guardian articles trying to claim there's a secret drug problem there but has anyone who's been to Tokyo ever seen even one junkie roaming the streets/causing trouble?
    Take a leaf out of their book. Start locking people up for possession/use, make it something you lose your job and get a criminal record for and you'll see the demand go down quick enough.

People use drugs for many reasons and enjoy them without consequences alcohol included . There are lots of arguments for and against proabition but the fact remains that people will exert there free will and use substances. Reason maybe no addicts roaming the streets in Tokyo is the government exerts total control on the population if thats the way forward im out..

Had a coffee & a big fat one at half 6 buddy. I'm up for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's funny but alot of people are actually sorting creatine. There are people selling creatine as coke and making an absolute fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Muzzymor

People use drugs for many reasons and enjoy them without consequences alcohol included . There are lots of arguments for and against proabition but the fact remains that people will exert there free will and use substances. Reason maybe no addicts roaming the streets in Tokyo is the government exerts total control on the population if thats the way forward in out..

Might be a laugh for some middle class cokeheads but there are consequences for society, as we can see by looking at what ****holes large parts of Ireland are at the moment and how miserable life often is if you can't afford to rent/buy a home in an area without junkies and other drug criminals.

Also had to laugh at your comment about the Japanese government "exerting total control" over the inhabitants of Tokyo. Think you might have your asian countries mixed up there pal.

Might be a laugh for some middle class cokeheads but there are consequences for society, as we can see by looking at what ****holes large parts of Ireland are at the moment and how miserable life often is if you can't afford to rent/buy a home in an area without junkies and other drug criminals.

Also had to laugh at your comment about the Japanese government "exerting total control" over the inhabitants of Tokyo. Think you might have your asian countries mixed up there pal.

Ment the drug using population pal.. There are ****holes everywere in ireland and not a direct consequence of drug use or drug dealers that is a bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

You haven’t a clue. I lived in Tokyo and there’s plent sniff floating around. There’s also plenty junkies. They just take meth, wear fancy suits and work 100 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

_blaaz wrote: »
    Why like??

Anyone doing it,is only damage to emselves their doing ,live and let live brother

Well that's patently not true. They're involved in a chain of misery stretching from Darndale or Jobstown all the way back to Columbia, Bolivia or where ever else these drugs are grown. The trail of destruction and death that goes with a drug like cocaine is pretty extensive.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Well that's patently not true. They're involved in a chain of misery stretching from Darndale or Jobstown all the way back to Columbia, Bolivia or where ever else these drugs are grown. The trail of destruction and death that goes with a drug like cocaine is pretty extensive.

Peru. Peruvian flake is the job.

Advertisement