Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Fast Food Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

_blaaz wrote: »
    We'll look back in horror in 20 years time with the culture of feeding this rubbish to kids as a treat
    Why 20 years from now? McDonalds and Burger King have been in this country for 40 years or so, does it take 60 years for the horror to truly sink in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Subway
    Autecher wrote: »
    Why 20 years from now? McDonalds and Burger King have been in this country for 40 years or so, does it take 60 years for the horror to truly sink in?

Id hazard a guess that take aways such as mackers and b.king are alot busier nowadays than 40 years ago

Maybe there is 30 to 40 year olds who were treated to weekly mackers growing up and can comment on long term weight/health issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

frozen pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

_blaaz wrote: »
    Id hazard a guess that take aways such as mackers and b.king are alot busier nowadays than 40 years ago

Maybe there is 30 to 40 year olds who were treated to weekly mackers growing up and can comment on long term weight/health issues??
    You likened a weekly treat of this food to smoking earlier but I think that's wrong. Smoking generally would be 10-20 smokes per day for most smokers whereas as you are talking about 1 happy meal per week. Me and most of my friends are all now in our mid 30's and would have all had a weekly fast food (McDonald's, KFC, Burger King or chipper) yet we're all grand health and fitness wise. Regular exercise and good diet takes care of that. The human body can easily take 1 or 2 junk food meals a week providing the rest of your meals and lifestyle are sensible enough.

Though having thought about it I think you are right about looking back with regret in the future but that is more about giving kids tablets/phones and letting them stay inside playing them all day. I find a lot of the parents that do that are lazy themselves and will be giving the child 3-4 McDonalds which I don't like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Other
    Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I'd rather eat from a pig's trough than any of that disgusting ****e.

Why do we need to know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Comhra wrote: »

In fairness Supermacs do one of the tastiest burgers around, imo.

I have to take issue with that. Against my better judgement I ordered a Supermac's burger about 3 months ago in the Obama plaza. The first time in Supermac's in 10-15 years. I'm pretty sure it was the MightyMac but I'm sure they all taste the same. As soon as I bit into it I regretted my decision. Sloppy, slimy tasteless muck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Other
    Actually, none of the major chains are really WOW for me.

Supermacs is probably the best, they have good burgers and chips.

McDonalds - meh. Their chicken legend for example is nothing special. You'd make just as nice at home. Their burgers are not nice with guerkin and mustard. Their chips are so skinny it's like exercise trying to eat them.

Burger Kings burgers are nice, nothing WOW for me again though.

KFC - meh

Subway - Ok for something different but again not great.

I like a good italian takeaway, they usually have the best fries/dressed fries.

Burgers I suppose the likes of Wowburger and 5 guys are nice but you're paying 8+ euro for a burger by itself...

Subway
    Healthy Eaters here and home cooking all the way - never pre prepared stuff. So rarely go for Fast Food of any sort.

Once - sometimes twice - a year though me and the gfs will go carnal on a couple of buckets of KFC. Rare and messy indulgence but we enjoy it for that reason.

When I was a drinker though - I was a devotee of Iskanders Lamb Schwarma. Two of those with chips after a rake of drink was always a highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I have to take issue with that. Against my better judgement I ordered a Supermac's burger about 3 months ago in the Obama plaza. The first time in Supermac's in 10-15 years. I'm pretty sure it was the MightyMac but I'm sure they all taste the same. As soon as I bit into it I regretted my decision. Sloppy, slimy tasteless muck.

I recently had a mighty Mac too. Tasteless muck indeed.

Couple of euro better and you can get a Bunsen, wow burger etc.

First time in supermacs in over a decade like yourself.. don't think I'll be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Smoked cod and chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Smoked cod and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

There is no correct answer.

McDonalds - Good for nugets. Thats it.
    Burgerking - Double XL Bacon Cheese Burger. Sorted.
    KFC - Hot Wings only. The rest if a greasy mess.
    Subway - Italian BMT. Noice!!
    Pizza Hut - Complete ****.
    Supermacs - Chilli cheese chips. The drunken food of gods.
    Other - Honorable mention to the Jambon from the local centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I recently had a mighty Mac too. Tasteless muck indeed.

Couple of euro better and you can get a Bunsen, wow burger etc.

First time in supermacs in over a decade like yourself.. don't think I'll be back again.

I think I was remembering how good they tasted after a few pints but what doesn't. Like you I'll steer clear.

Again a while back I got some chicken nuggets in an airport Bk.
    Big mistake. I don't know what they tasted like but it certainly wasn't chicken
    and it certainly wasn't pleasant. Another one on my 'never again' list.

KFC is on that list too. Only ate there once 13/14 years ago. The place was messy and the food greasy
    unpalatable slop.

Other: Abrakebabra. In Rathmines road and Square Tallaght polite and professional

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The humble 5oz from Supermacs is on the the finest burgers from a fast food establishment in these lands!

And beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Other
    Supermacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Other
    The local money laundering front business do a decent kabab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

In-N-out burger in the states is the nicest fast food I've had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

In-N-out burger in the states is the nicest fast food I've had

Emperor's new clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

A place near me in Cork is a pizza place called Donatellos and their pizzas, burgers beats all of those in that poll list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

This is my favourite fast food poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Apache pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Other
    Had a 5oz burger double bacon and cheese from Supermacs at the weekend. With a garlic and cheese chips. I was fairly loaded with porter at the time, but it was delicious. Wipes the floor with the microwaved muck from McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Supermacs
    Curious SuperMacs is 2nd highest in poll... tried it twice and thought they were complete garbage. McDonald's is even better than it, imo... and that isn't saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know to be honest. They are bits from lot's of places I like.

Advertisement