Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'I could be wrong like'

Options
  • 15-01-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

The humble dick's way of saying 'I'm not wrong and I'm supremely confident that I'm not, but I want to appear to less certain for literally no reason so we'll go with this phrase so'.

'I could be wrong now but I don't think Finglas is in Meath'.

'I could be wrong now but I always thought Prince wrote Nothing Compares 2 U'.

'I could be wrong now but I don't think Martin Scorsese directed Jaws.'

'I could be wrong now but I thought Bulmers was 4.5%.'

'I could be wrong but I thought we landed on the moon and not the sun in the 60s. As I said I could be wrong like'.

When's the last time you 'could be wrong' but so clearly weren't and knew you weren't?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Say whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I could be wrong, but I think Ush1 doesn’t get it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I could be wrong like but I think Ush1 joined Boards in April 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,404 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thanks!

Now i have this stuck in my head :mad:

https://youtu.be/Nv0efmUKP9s

I could be wrong but I think Johnny Rotten was in The Sex Pistols and not The Clash. Feel free to correct me if not. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I like to mix in a "but I'm pretty sure" as well.

Give them hope and then discard it immediately.

"I could be wrong now Francis, but I'm pretty sure that hat makes you look like a Leonard."

"I think only humans and armadillos can get leprosy. I could be wrong there now, but I'm pretty sure."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Its so you dont come across as an arrogant asshole

“I could be wrong like but I’m fairly sure that you won’t get pregnant if I ride you in the shower while standing.”

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

lbc2019 wrote: »

I think so too, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

lbc2019 wrote: »

There's ways to convey that you're right without being arrogant and definitely without the 'now I could be wrong and please tell if I am' thing.

Knex. wrote: »
    I like to mix in a "but I'm pretty sure" as well.

Give them hope and then discard it immediately.

"I could be wrong now Francis, but I'm pretty sure that hat makes you look like a Leonard."

"I think only humans and armadillos can get leprosy. I could be wrong there now, but I'm pretty sure."

Yep anytime anyone is 'pretty sure' about anything it means they're 100% confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

It's a way of emphasing the statement that you're about to make. By saying you could be wrong, there's a good chance you'll get the other person's attention.

It's better than starting by saying "with all due respect...".

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I prefer: "If I am not mistaken".

I never am of course :P

Advertisement