Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Stop lying. There is no direct provision centre going into Lismore.

It was not a lie but a genuine mistake.

It turns out Lismore is to be a location for a pilot scheme involving the settlement of migrant families. The govt representative was asking the crowd for help in locating homes for these families as more were needed. Presumably they already have secured some.
    A local lady who declared herself to be homeless rightfully asked why houses were being given to migrants (presumably for free) when Irish people such as herself were not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It turns out Lismore is to be a location for a pilot scheme involving the settlement of migrant families. The govt representative was asking the crowd for help in locating homes for these families as more were needed. Presumably they already have secured some.
    A local lady who declared herself to be homeless rightfully asked why houses were being given to migrants (presumably for free) when Irish people such as herself were not.

You may not have lied. But Gemma O'Doherty and Grand Torino did. Some "journalists". They deliberately create alternative facts (lies) in order to stir up hatred and division. The fact is there was never a DP centre going in there. Gemma O'Doherty and Grand Torino lied about that. Its interesting to note though, you were happy to stand over their lies until I pulled you up on it.

And it is 1 family by the way. So again. Stop lying.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

That's debatable, a local lady was on Gemma O Dohertys show after the meeting and said that the crowd at the meeting was full of non locals and I would imagine it was these folks who told him to 'f off back to Dublin'

This is not surprising as we have seen in both Moville and Rooskey a great many 'Anti Racism' types attend these meetings and many pose as locals.
    In the Moville public meeting crowds were bussed in from Derry and packed the hall giving the impression that the locals were in favour of the proposed centre. A quick perusal of People Before Profits Instagram page showed that a large swathe of the supposed 'locals' were in fact attendees of a conference held the previous evening in Derry and not in fact locals at all.

Rte even featured 3 ladies (none from the area) last year in lisdoonvarna and described them as locals when a quick Internet search showed them to be living in Dublin and elsewhere having no connection whatsoever to the area.

At a recent event in Rooskey some of the national media presented a protest as being locals against racism when later in the day a local lady alleged that very few of the protestor were in fact local. In fact there is a video doing the rounds of this lady lambasting these strangers and asking "who the hell are you"

Very sly and underhanded tactics if you ask me. At any of these meetings someone local should ask for a show of hands so as to ascertain who exactly is in fact a genuine local.
    People should also be asked to declare if they are members of political parties, ngos etc in order that the genuine locals know who they are dealing with.

Nah

The sly and underhand tactics are Gemma O'Doherty and Grand Torino making out lies that this was a centre. The sly and underand tactic is Grand Torinos videos. We now know he was lying about it being a DP centre so how vould anybody trust how he has edited these videos.

We are not talking about Roosky by the way. This is about Lismore. The fact is that locals there tonight did not welcome the hatred that Grand Torino wanted to promote. They rejected his hatred. They rejected his divisiveness. They rejected his lies. They rejected his sly snd underhand tactics.

Its quite laughable really you going on a rant about anti racists and ngos not being local as if Grand Torino is. He isnt from Rooskey. He isnt from Wicklow Town. He isnt from Lismore. And Neither is Gemma O'Doherty. This is asly and underhand tactic really where Rowan Scott goes in stirring up hatred and division and he's not local.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Grand Torino can be great conedy sometimes. Hilarious tonight when he suggested Richard Bruton is a communist.

Terry Pratchet

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Lmao @ him claiming to be a centrist

‘Im just a rational centrist bros. Also blood and soil and deport all immigrants’

• Advertisement

Yeah he really has been exposed for lying big time on this

Lying that it was direct provision
    Lying that its more than 1 family
    Lying that there is a lot of local opposition in Lismore
    Lying that local Lismore got up and spoke against it (the "local woman" has been living in Cork for a very long time)
    He's an outright liar and his supporters here know it cause they have even started backtracking.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭gw80

So, it was basically a meeting for people who want to adopt a Syrian refugee family into there homes,
    I wonder if there were not enough Syrians to go round would these same people be willing to take in an Irish family who need help?
    Or did we miss that meeting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Eibhlin "I am the department of Justice" Byrne

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

gw80 wrote: »
    So, it was basically a meeting for people who want to adopt a Syrian refugee family into there homes,
    I wonder if there were not enough Syrians to go round would these same people be willing to take in an Irish family who need help?

There are extra virtue signalling bonus points for taking in Syrians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Funnily enough my mam lives in that town and half of my family are from there. O’Doherty couldn’t be more patronising really, calling the gaff some sort of “prim and proper” Church of Ireland town in “the shadow of the Comeraghs” when neither statement is true. The meeting didn’t have any anti-racist types from outside Lismore at all, the only people from outside the gaff were Torino and co. At a (probably unfair) push you could say many of those at the meeting were relatively recent “blow ins” to Lismore, but local residents nonetheless.

There is one family moving in. There may be more in future but nothing at all concrete. There is no direct provision centre being created that is an absolute lie. I think some people have concerns and whether they’re unfounded or not they should be discussed and debated, which seems to be happening. Torino and O’Doherty don’t give a sh*t about the town, hence all their ignorant and patronising statements about it - their agenda is plain as day.

Personally, when I lived in Lismore I found the presence of some squid of an English aristocrat squatting in a giant castle overlooking the town was a lot more galling but there you go. I’d prefer the Syrians to that lot any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

gw80 wrote: »

This is quite the goalpost shift from the typical "I don't see YOU taking in refugees" sneer to make those who actually are looking into seem like the bad guys, bravo!

FTA69 wrote: »
    Funnily enough my mam lives in that town and half of my family are from there. O’Doherty couldn’t be more patronising really, calling the gaff some sort of “prim and proper” Church of Ireland town in “the shadow of the Comeraghs” when neither statement is true. The meeting didn’t have any anti-racist types from outside Lismore at all, the only people from outside the gaff were Torino and co. At a (probably unfair) push you could say many of those at the meeting were relatively recent “blow ins” to Lismore, but local residents nonetheless.

There is one family moving in. There may be more in future but nothing at all concrete. There is no direct provision centre being created that is an absolute lie. I think some people have concerns and whether they’re unfounded or not they should be discussed and debated, which seems to be happening. Torino and O’Doherty don’t give a sh*t about the town, hence all their ignorant and patronising statements about it - their agenda is plain as day.

Exactly. Grand Torino and Gemma O'Doherty have been caught out very badly here for their bullsh it lies. Their fanboys here have suddenly gone silent because they know everything that GO'D and RC is saying is not true.

There isnt a DP centre going in.
    There isnt more than 1 family going in
    There is almost no direct local opposition

RC and GO'D have a clear agenda to twist the facts and to lie in order to create their bigoted propaganda. But it isnt working. People in Lismore are wise to it. People here are wise to it.

Terry Pratchet

Exactly. Grand Torino and Gemma O'Doherty have been caught out very badly here for their bullsh it lies. Their fanboys here have suddenly gone silent because they know everything that GO'D and RC is saying is not true.

RC and GO'D have a clear agenda to twist the facts and to lie in order to create their bigoted propaganda. But it isnt working. People in Lismore are wise to it. People here are wise to it.

Equally let’s not f*ck about and pretend that everyone there is ecstatic either. My own nan was giving out about it today, largely based on unfounded suppositions to be fair. Others are worried that it’ll be the start of a Rooskey situation and are worried about dumping people in a town with no public transport at all. We need to make sure the families going to these towns need to be suited to the gaff.

I think the vast majority of people in Lismore are fair minded, but we’ll need to have an honest conversation about issues too and not be flying off the handle with people who’ve read some stuff that worried them or who aren’t used to the idea.

They both did say beforehand that there was plans for a direct provision centre...and it was not true... No getting away from that fact.

I believed it and it turned out to be false.

But I would have my doubts about the lack of local opposition. There were people there voicing concerns.
    Also the Q&A session at the end was ridiculously short and one English individual took up most of it.

What I find very worrying was the fact that Minister for Immigration David Stanton declined to answer the question as to whether there were any ISIS members currently in the DP system.

Personally I would be far more concerned about migrants being settled in free houses in the community as opposed to a DP Centre.
    At the meeting they said it was one family so why the bug meeting over one family?
    And why did ask for help in securing more houses?
    Obviously there are plans for more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=seIwturPDB0

The Don and Critiqued discuss Grand Torino at last night's meeting.

They both did say beforehand that there was plans for a direct provision centre...and it was not true... No getting away from that fact.

I believed it and it turned out to be false.

But I would have my doubts about the lack of local opposition. There were people there voicing concerns.
    Also the Q&A session at the end was ridiculously short and one English individual took up most of it.

What I find very worrying was the fact that Minister for Immigration David Stanton declined to answer the question as to whether there were any ISIS members currently in the DP system.

It was lies and it was deliberate. They have been caught badly.

Going on about dp and isis is irrelevant whataboutery.

Terry Pratchet

Pair of f*ckin losers who're after pickling their brain with YouTube and conspiracy forums. Utter dopes like, how does anyone take this rubbish seriously?

It was lies and it was deliberate. They have been caught badly.

Going on about dp and isis is irrelevant whataboutery.

It is possible that they themselves believed the plan for the community was for a Direct Provision centre.
    You obviously don't believe that.
    The main issue for me anyway is that the town has been chosen for refugee resettlement.
    I would certainly be against it in my own town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭gw80

Billy86 wrote: »
    This is quite the goalpost shift from the typical "I don't see YOU taking in refugees" sneer to make those who actually are looking into seem like the bad guys, bravo!
    Yea, I'm not sure about all that stuff, but my point still stands.

Pair of f*ckin losers who're after pickling their brain with YouTube and conspiracy forums. Utter dopes like, how does anyone take this rubbish seriously?

Seeing as our worthless, Quisling media refuse to give voice to alternative viewpoints in Ireland... I am forced to watch the likes of these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Never heard of either of them. Quickly googled, they seem to enjoy topics such as cultural Marxism and the kalergi plan. How does anyone fall into believing this ****e? You're on the Internet, debunking of this nonsense are at your fingertips at all times.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Seeing as our worthless, Quisling media refuse to give voice to alternative viewpoints in Ireland... I am forced to watch the likes of these guys.

LOOOOOL yeah buddy you're 'forced'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Please.Stop.Videodumping.

Seriously. Discuss points yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Genuine mistake my hole.

Jay Zee wrote: »
    Who is he ? What is his backstory?

Indeed...

HAHAHAHAHAH

Quisling -- score 1

Alternative viewpoint -- score 2

DING DING DING...

WELL DONE !

You win I am the worst shill of all time competition.

You would have had a perfect score of 3 had you chosen to use the word sheeple. Please try harder next time.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Never heard of either of them. Quickly googled, they seem to enjoy topics such as cultural Marxism and the kalergi plan. How does anyone fall into believing this ****e? You're on the Internet, debunking of this nonsense are at your fingertips at all times.

The Frankfurt School (whos ideas many regard as the basis of Cultural Marxism) was very real.
    There are many different expressions and manifestations of Marxism, its not far fetched to believe that people today are influenced by ideas from the Frankfurt School.

Kalergi was also a very real individual who founded the Pan European Movement and who wrote the book Practical Idealism amongst others, and many people believe that the ideas from this and others of his books are influencing politicians in the EU today. He was the first recipient of the Charlemagne prize, Angela Merkel amongst others also won this prize.
    Its not so far fetched for people to speculate that Kalergis ideas are in play today.

• Advertisement

HAHAHAHAHAH

Quisling -- score 1

Alternative viewpoint -- score 2

DING DING DING...

WELL DONE !

You win I am the worst shill of all time competition.

You would have had a perfect score of 3 had you chosen to use the word sheeple. Please try harder next time.

What do you mean shill?
    This forum is full of threads discussing various issues, individuals and groups.
    The Tommy Robinson thread seems to be quite busy are posters there shills?
    I have a feeling you don't want any discussion of the personalities mentioned in this thread at all.
    Or at least nothing remotely sympathetic.

Sensing a lot of anger in this thread.

Advertisement