Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Why can't I bury my head in the sand? I really want to and it's not fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

You never seen Tremors ??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't we all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

My first time at this thread so I don't know if this has been brought up already but anyway....its a relatively new trend but its really annoying - new trailer is out, and they show a little 3-4 second pre-trailer to the trailer showing big moments of the trailer taken completely out of context...GGGRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Going to the cinema, it’s now ads, movie trailers (which are fine), more ads, then the movie. 15 minutes of popcorn wasting!

TA that I’m such a last minute Nancy. Australia tomorrow for a holiday and still going around the shops looking at stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My fav online shop for computer supplies has taken the euro option off its checkout page,
    they still deliver to ROI, but I would have to wait for pp or visa to process the payment to see how much the item will be!

Freaking Brexit.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

slightly beyond trivial maybe.

people who downplay their intelligence and up play being a chance as the reason for they do very well in life, this person recently tried to convince me they have plagiarised the work of their masters something I know not to be true.

It as if being a chance seems more authentic and real to them.

mariaalice wrote: »
    slightly beyond trivial maybe.

people who downplay their intelligence and up play being a chance as the reason for they do very well in life, this person recently tried to convince me they have plagiarised the work of their masters something I know not to be true.

It as if being a chance seems more authentic and real to them.

Add to that girls who act dumb "cos boys like that".

A mate's daughter has a 156 IQ and is doing a Masters. When you see her with a man it's like she's a bimbo.

Grinds my gears it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I am so tired today, I really don't wanna go back to uni later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Budget talk. No escaping it today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going to the cinema, it’s now ads, movie trailers (which are fine), more ads, then the movie. 15 minutes of popcorn wasting!

Hate that! hate trailers in general, they always give away the good bits of the movie :rolleyes:.

TA that it's the Budget and I can feel my pocket getting picked as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've taken to squeezing all the onions in a net for telltale softness recently because I've been stung by so many of these this year. I feel like I should do my shopping with a wheeled cart and a headacarf and rollers.

My mother got the third degree while buying Motilium for me last week. Motilium! The pharmacist asked her had I any bowel issues and my mum was like "Yes, she has diarrhoea, hence the need for the flippin Motilium".

I'm no pharmacist but I'm fairly sure motillium is for vomiting and nausea. It sounds like you needed immodium. Maybe that's why the pharmacist was asking so many questions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Bredabe wrote: »
    My fav online shop for computer supplies has taken the euro option off its checkout page,
    they still deliver to ROI, but I would have to wait for pp or visa to process the payment to see how much the item will be!

Freaking Brexit.

You're probably better off. Choosing EUR nearly always is worse for your pocket as you're taking their exchange rate which they'll make damn sure they won't lose out on, rather than your credit card's rate. Might be only a few cents in the difference, but local currency is the safer choice in general.

I've ran out of chocolate and have no desire to go get more!!

Have to wait till home time.

No one talk to me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

quickbeam wrote: »
    You're probably better off. Choosing EUR nearly always is worse for your pocket as you're taking their exchange rate which they'll make damn sure they won't lose out on, rather than your credit card's rate. Might be only a few cents in the difference, but local currency is the safer choice in general.
    Thanks for that, I had forgotten that fact. The problem is the its a debit card, and my head would be melted calculating how much extra to put on it to make sure it goes through.

I dont know how they are going to survive again homegrown/amazon if they expect customers to wait for the price on items. Put me right off them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

After bad eating for the last week I made a promise to myself yesterday that I would take a week away from unhealthy food. Day 2 and the workplace is awash with cakes and chocolates and sweets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Bredabe wrote: »

Freaking Brexit.

Get a Revolut account! You can thank me later. :D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    After bad eating for the last week I made a promise to myself yesterday that I would take a week away from unhealthy food. Day 2 and the workplace is awash with cakes and chocolates and sweets. :(

Can I work for you ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jiltloop wrote: »
    I'm no pharmacist but I'm fairly sure motillium is for vomiting and nausea. It sounds like you needed immodium. Maybe that's why the pharmacist was asking so many questions.

I was also puking my ring up and feeling extremely nauseated.

I was sick, dude, not stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I booked a one way flight on Aer Lingus from Paris to Dublin a couple of years ago.

Ever since then, I am getting emails in French from them.

TA at getting them, but a minor TH in tricking them into thinking I am French.,

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was also puking my ring up and feeling extremely nauseated.

I was sick, dude, not stupid.

Motillium prolongs the QT interval which can potentially kill people with heart conditions, it has a prolonged effect if you have certain renal issues. It shouldn't be taken if you have liver issues. It also interacts with a huge list of medication including but not limited to: certain anti-depressants, certain antibiotics, certain antihistamines, certain antifungals.

The pharmacist isn't there to take the piss, they're there to make sure you don't die from taking medication you shouldn't be. Hence the "3rd degree".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Motillium prolongs the QT interval which can potentially kill people with heart conditions, it has a prolonged effect if you have certain renal issues. It shouldn't be taken if you have liver issues. It also interacts with a huge list of medication including but not limited to: certain anti-depressants, certain antibiotics, certain antihistamines, certain antifungals.

The pharmacist isn't there to take the piss, they're there to make sure you don't die from taking medication you shouldn't be. Hence the "3rd degree".

See, if the pharmacist just said that, no-one would have an issue. It's the manner of questioning, as if you're going to do something untoward with the jaysis things that irks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Too many people walking around with their heads in their phones today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This headache. Please just go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

That doesn't stop it being annoying. And if you're already feeling unwell, being questioned like that only makes you feel worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I booked a one way flight on Aer Lingus from Paris to Dublin a couple of years ago.

Ever since then, I am getting emails in French from them.

TA at getting them, but a minor TH in tricking them into thinking I am French.,

I keep getting these emails from the American site for the same reason. "It's time for a trip to Ireland this Fall!"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

There's something in my muesli the last few days that has a weird gritty texture that was never there before. I make it up myself from oats, nuts and seeds. Evidently somebody's putting extra something in to one of those ingredients, but me-no-likey :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Housemate just seems really unfriendly, distant and acts like she thinks she is better than me.

FFS she uses the teatowel to clean up her currry. Does she think I'm going to dry a glass or plate with that? Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement