Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't seem to put on weight and kind of using it as an excuse to not get back to exercise which I know will help everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eir Broadband down today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Normandy pork?

Great idea :). Even have all the bits & pieces that BBCfood say I should put into it.

TA that I didnt think of that myself 'n had to go crying to Bones about it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

A group walking 5 abreast on the footpath all with umbrellas. Have you no consideration for other pedestrians?

Also people eating smelly food on the bus. So inconsiderate.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    A group walking 5 abreast on the footpath all with umbrellas. Have you no consideration for other pedestrians?.....

If said group face oncomming traffic on adjacent road then I put this down as a Major A. Time to apply steel tip of umbrella to ankle of pedestrian :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

branie2 wrote: »
    Eir Broadband down today

Yea was downloading an update for the car sat nav when it went kaput.

The download is 28 GB so even with reasonably fast bb it takes an age.

About half done when it went and I managed to delete the bit I had :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Watching a video on Facebook and burnt the onions I was cooking and it wasn't even a good video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

0lddog wrote: »
    Great idea :). Even have all the bits & pieces that BBCfood say I should put into it.

TA that I didnt think of that myself 'n had to go crying to Bones about it. :p

:p I'm making it tomorrow myself 0lddog! Absolutely love Normandy pork. Haven't made it in a while so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a lovely new candle that I can't bring myself to light. I keep opening the box and sniffing it, the box is so pretty and it smells so nice, but if I light it that's it on the way to being gone. Knowing I am a weirdo is a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I have a lovely new candle that I can't bring myself to light. I keep opening the box and sniffing it, the box is so pretty and it smells so nice, but if I light it that's it on the way to being gone. Knowing I am a weirdo is a TA.

I got a gorgeous candle as a present 5 years ago and I've still not lit it because it's too pretty to ruin!

• Advertisement

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    KatW4 wrote: »
    I got a gorgeous candle as a present 5 years ago and I've still not lit it because it's too pretty to ruin!

Light the candles!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Watching any nature documentary that isn't narrated by David Attenborough just feels wrong.

It's 8.30 on Saturday night and I'm in bed the last hour watching Mr Mercedes. I am officially OLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Phone videos shot in portrait. How to loose about 70% screen real estate? I mean please Youtubers!

463738.png

Watching any nature documentary that isn't narrated by David Attenborough just feels wrong.

Old peoples voices are a TA to me. Guess I'm just old and cranky.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ Rodney Fit Stammerer

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Wanting a chinese takeaway and having no money to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Speaking from experience are you:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA my right eye has been a little blurry all day . I kept cleaning my glasses thinking that was the problem .
    Daughter called in earlier and asked why my eye was all puffy/swollen .

That explains it , although now I don't know why it's puffy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You're not a weirdo, Rubberlegs. I have expensive lotions (gifts) that I consider too good to use. Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Big TA is my ancient laptop, on the way out after 7 years. The thoughts of trying to understand Windows whatever is out now is scaring me. I like my Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Had a Biro in my hand one minute writing something. Next minute it has just vanished, flew off into Outer Space, never to be seen again. :rolleyes: Now I have to leave my cosy spot and get up and go get another Biro. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a Biro in my hand one minute writing something. Next minute it has just vanished, flew off into Outer Space, never to be seen again. :rolleyes:

It's probably with my other sock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

madmaggie wrote: »
    Big TA is my ancient laptop, on the way out after 7 years. The thoughts of trying to understand Windows whatever is out now is scaring me. I like my Windows 7.

The higher storage requirements to properly run Windows 10 took my budget out of the running for a new laptop. Settled for a Chromebook, gets me online (and that's about it)... Samsung's wearing out after only 16 months.

Expensive technology = ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

madmaggie wrote: »

Windows 10 can take a little while to get used to.. but you can always download "classic shell" onto a laptop of you purchase.
    It makes the layout look like windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Yea was downloading an update for the car sat nav when it went kaput.

The download is 28 GB so even with reasonably fast bb it takes an age.

About half done when it went and I managed to delete the bit I had :mad:

Wish sites would use torrents for large downloads. Then the download could simply pick up where it let off when you get back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Wish sites would use torrents for large downloads. Then the download could simply pick up where it let off when you get back online.

Well it does tbh but I was getting annoyed by the pop ups saying errors/check connection that I closed it which deleted the download. I'd prefer if it just gave the option to get updates for Ireland.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not really trivial but the lack of focus on the problem of elderly drivers. Seem to get a free pass because everyone is complaining about young men driving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement