Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job salary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cena wrote: »
    Your right

And, again, pro-rata to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Would I work at something I'm not that into but can tolerate, for 28k, 25 hours a week? Absolutely

Would I work at something I'm not that into but can tolerate, for 56k, 50 hours a week?
    No unless I was saving to get out of it or had a family to support.

Time is wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

And, again, pro-rata to what?

I don't know.

I don't know.

It's kind of a critical factor.

It's kind of a critical factor.

It does not say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Post the job, we're working with nothing here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Geuze wrote: »
    The phrase "pro-rata" suggests that it is 28,287 pa for a full-time job.

So doing 25h/40h will get you 5/8 of 28,287.

This means 17,679.

This. The salary is 17,679 not 28,287.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Post the job, we're working with nothing here!!!

Easy to find. Look it up yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nah, couldn't be arsed helping you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

RiseToMe wrote: »
    This. The salary is 17,679 not 28,287.

Agreed - pro rata means you'd get 28k if you worked fulltime hours. You can't calculate exact take-home salary if you don't know how many hours full time would be. If it was 40 hours for full time you'd get 28/40x25. If it was 35 hours you'd get 28/35x25.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Agreed - pro rata means you'd get 28k if you worked fulltime hours. You can't calculate exact take-home salary if you don't know how many hours full time would be. If it was 40 hours for full time you'd get 28/40x25. If it was 35 hours you'd get 28/35x25.

Tis true, learn something new everyday

"In terms of salary, pro rata refers to the proportion, or percentage, a part-time employee would receive if she worked full-time. "

still, even 28k for a 40hr week isn't scrapping the barrel
    Not a bad part time job if you want to do 25 hours a week

Tis true, learn something new everyday

"In terms of salary, pro rata refers to the proportion, or percentage, a part-time employee would receive if she worked full-time. "

still, even 28k for a 40hr week isn't scrapping the barrel
    Not a bad part time job if you want to do 25 hours a week

It's also, working outside embassy hours, holidays and weekends, and on a loose schedule. For 17k? No way.

It's also, working outside embassy hours, holidays and weekends, and on a loose schedule. For 17k? No way.

There is a time and a place for every job. The op has no kids, 17k part time would suit many people. Could be an interesting job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    If it was only €18k per annum for 25 hours, that's a different story. That salary would be poor.

Ideal for a retired member of AGS.

PARlance wrote: »
    Ideal for a retired member of AGS.

That's what I was thinking. Surely this is exactly who they would be aiming fir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

There is a time and a place for every job. The op has no kids, 17k part time would suit many people. Could be an interesting job too.

Driving President Trump around Dublin.

That's what I was thinking. Surely this is exactly who they would be aiming fir

It's what a fair chunk of them end up doing. OP, don't get your hopes up. There'll be a line of retired guards looking a job like this and they would be ideal candidates for the embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

it's in ireland. It is a driving job driving clients and document around etc.

That is all I know about said job

OP was it advertised on donedeal or similar? From what you've said it sounds like a scam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's approx 14 euro per hour so not bad for a driving job.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

PARlance wrote:
    It's what a fair chunk of them end up doing. OP, don't get your hopes up. There'll be a line of retired guards looking a job like this and they would be ideal candidates for the embassy.

Why? It's not a security job, it's driving. No harm in anyone applying for a job and getting it on their own merits.

pilly wrote: »
    Why? It's not a security job, it's driving. No harm in anyone applying for a job and getting it on their own merits.

I don't think I said not to apply.

How has OP not responded to the pro-rata comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Job advertisement, very easy to find in fairness. Looks like a decent gig. 25 hour week would give a perfect work/life balance imo.

https://ie.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/#collapse3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,530 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No need to worry OP, I've taken the job.

Seemingly the salary's gets topped up they said bonuses . I have to make some regular trips between the Russian embassy and some golf course on the west coast.

Sounds good to me the bonuses were heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Job advertisement, very easy to find in fairness. Looks like a decent gig. 25 hour week would give a perfect work/life balance imo.

Indeed! Going by what was posted in this thread, it took me less than 10 seconds to find that ad.

" S/he must be able to work a flexible schedule during irregular hours falling outside the normal Embassy work schedule, i.e., evenings, weekends, and holidays."

Doesn't sound like perfect work life balance to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Not bad, might apply it would suit me down to the ground I have another part time very flexible thing on the go too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

US tax or Irish tax? The Embassy is part of the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Come on now, you came on here looking for advice and you spoon fed information to us and people still tried to help.
    Posting a link to the job is hardly asking for much but seeing as you couldn't be bothered doing that why should anyone continue to help you.
    Good luck with the 18k

Advertisement