Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Here's another quick and rough edit:

Them black wheels look pure shyte. Proper skangered out chavy looking! Leave good and well alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Gave mine a bit of much needed TLC in this fine weather today:

IMG_20160228_161252_zps0hxail62.jpg

IMG_20160228_142715_zpsimn4ixin.jpg

IMG_20160228_161306_zpslct987tg.jpg

IMG_20160228_161337_zpsjp2vrj49.jpg

Loving the wheels :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Congrats marko :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

YbFocus wrote: »
    Congrats marko :)

YB I'd probably unquote that C5 pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The black wheels would look shoite on the c5

• Advertisement

YB I'd probably unquote that C5 pic! :)

What are you talking about :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Another no on the black C5 wheels. I think black wheels look shoite 90% of the time. Especially when they get even slightly dirty they end up looking like crap stealies. Please please no. Silver/stock all the way!!

Last night I thought two tone would be interesting but realised when i woke up that it'd be pretty horrible.

I rarely see black wheels about the place, but I do think they look nice when I see them (depending what they're on, i think tiny black wheels, like 14/15" wheels, dont look too great, but larger wheels generally look nice in my opinion). When I was offered the choice to change colour, black was the first thing that came into my head (as I had considered it before with the 407, but thought it'd be a madly expensive venture, and that car was costing an arm and a leg as it was on repairs alone).

I'll see how I feel in the morning and if I'm still swaying I might go black. it'll cost me 200 to revert back to silver, if i hate black, but I think I might like it. I'm definitely drawn to it at the moment when I think of it.

Speaking of C5's and wheels though, I came across a C5 on my travels today that looked pretty good, I thought (better looking in person than in the picture).

IMG_7459.jpg

I rarely see C5's around the place, and rarer again to see the estate version, so when I seen one with different wheels and such I thought it was interesting. If it was mine I think I'd spray the roof rails white, though (or swap them over for chrome ones). Same for the grille.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Foxhole Norman how much did those alloys set you back and were the tyres on there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Foxhole Norman how much did those alloys set you back and were the tyres on there already?

They were €500 from Valdelis, came with Tyres all around, Goodyear F1's on the front with good thread and Hankooks on the rear with 3/4mm left so I think it was a pretty good deal as they're in very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Ethan Large Veil, on a black car darker wheels can look wrong. You might get away with anthracite maybe, but silver will probably suit it better. The black is one sure fire way to absolutely ruin it. You may as well get a big italicised Citroen decal across the back window too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The latest yoke I've bought to fiddle with. Nct retest tomorrow (bought it with a fail sheet)

8ZRvMgy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn't be a fan of the black alloys on the C5 unless the entire car was black but as it isn't i'd stick with the silver/chrome alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Black wheels can look good on a bright coloured car. Not for every car though.
    12716171_1109611562406437_1432273434389245770_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The focus doesnt seem to have any silver/chrome on it though so that for me is different again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Another no on the black C5 wheels. I think black wheels look shoite 90% of the time. Especially when they get even slightly dirty they end up looking like crap stealies. Please please no. Silver/stock all the way!!

Looked fine on my subaru though, but my car had black bits and bright res to stand out.
    Though I agree, pure black specially on black car looks meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

It would appear that most (if not everyone) advises against the black wheels Ethan Large Veil but then again you're going to go right ahead and do it anyway, even though it will look shoite. Offset is really odd looking with what you have done with it btw.

@Foxhole - I have to say, those wheels are an absolutely superb choice. Really fit the car so well and look very early noughties. I was unsure at first but now that they're on the car they look the job kiiiid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Another nice milestone today, that's ten grand old money since October I think...

IMG_20160229_080138.jpg

VQzRJew.png

IMG_20160229_080220.jpg

94f.png

Private road etc etc :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Private road etc etc :)

I made that mistake before, took a photo of the dash in a Passat while doing 220 km/h in Greece (admittedly on a straight of road that didn't bend even 1 degree for 14 km) and posted it on Facebook.

needless to say people weren't impressed!!

166man wrote: »
    It would appear that most (if not everyone) advises against the black wheels Ethan Large Veil but then again you're going to go right ahead and do it anyway, even though it will look shoite. Offset is really odd looking with what you have done with it btw.

Positioning of the wheels looked a lot worse before the spacers in fairness.

I woke up this morning still undecided but kinda leaning towards black. :o I've been googling and googling pictures of wheels on cars trying to decide. I think it's cos I rarely ever see black wheels on cars, and when I do, I do tend to like them. Not sure why, but I just think they look good in general.

• Advertisement

I honestly think it'll be a bad move Ethan Large Veil, I'm all for each to their own but it's basically going to be solid black at this stage.
    You need something to break it up a bit.
    The current wheel colour does that perfectly!

I woke up this morning still undecided but kinda leaning towards black. I've been googling and googling pictures of wheels on cars trying to decide. I think it's cos I rarely ever see black wheels on cars, and when I do, I do tend to like them. Not sure why, but I just think they look good in general.

Your choice at the end of the day. But mark our words, it will ruin the look of the car! Everyone has told you that. How the black appeals to you is beyond me, I'd nearly pass them off as steelies. Anyway, I think everyone has given their input, which is strongly against the black, you're big enough to make the decision yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Another nice milestone today

IMG_20160229_080220.jpg

Mod note - banned for quoting picture. Read the thread title...

Snap from this morning :)

34fima1.jpg

Snap from last Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Snap from this morning :)
    *cough* pic quote *cough* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭hooch-85

After 2 hours of cleaning yesterday, was destroyed in tar after 2 months.

20160228_130636_zps18thwoup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whereabouts in Tipp are you hooch?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Colm_RS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any pics of the Avensis??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

:D

25261405702_149a176db4_b.jpg

This discussion has been closed.