Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good job DrPhil, keep us updated on any new purchase.

You not following?

Put the DL plates on my i3 REx this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry, missed that!

Well wear.

I changed out my Chargemaster 32A Type 1 home charger as it was giving intermittent interruption during charging.

Happened maybe 5% of the time I used it, usually grand but the odd time I'd check it with the Nissan App and see that it stopped charging and I'd have to go reset it and start again.

It never tripped the RCBO, so assume there is a short or loose connection either in the unit itself or the plug which caused the interruption.

I was wondering what it would be worth to sell, maybe someone with the knowledge could fix it easily enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Describe it honestly, ask for €149 and see how much you'll get?

But it should still be under warranty, unless you bought it second hand. Even if the "warranty" period has expired.

Yip. Bought it secondhand.

Just emailed Chargemaster, see if they might have an idea on it.

Edit: fair play, got a reply in 5mins...they have people on night shift!
    Said they'll take the serial number, if its out of warranty their sales team might do me a deal as a Polar customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DrPhilG wrote: »
    You not following?

Put the DL plates on my i3 REx this morning.
    Jaysus you'll never sell it on so :eek::P:P

I changed out my Chargemaster 32A Type 1 home charger as it was giving intermittent interruption during charging.

Happened maybe 5% of the time I used it, usually grand but the odd time I'd check it with the Nissan App and see that it stopped charging and I'd have to go reset it and start again.

It never tripped the RCBO, so assume there is a short or loose connection either in the unit itself or the plug which caused the interruption.

I was wondering what it would be worth to sell, maybe someone with the knowledge could fix it easily enough?

So I will list it for sale here, but advertise it as faulty as it did error out occasionally.

Now if you were a spark or know one, they might be able to see an issue with it and potentially you could get a well priced 32A charger with tethered lead.

Asking €150

Can post up photos later if any interest or provide them to your WhatsApp/Viber account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

So I will list it for sale here, but advertise it as faulty as it did error out occasionally.

Now if you were a spark or know one, they might be able to see an issue with it and potentially you could get a well priced 32A charger with tethered lead.

Asking €150

Can post up photos later if any interest or provide them to your WhatsApp/Viber account.

I will offer €100

Thanks but too low, am thinking of sticking it up on the auction site, see what it fetches

Not sure if you're on Facebook, but there is an Irish EV Owners buy and sell page. There have been folk there before both looking for and trying to sell granny leads, chargers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not sure if you're on Facebook, but there is an Irish EV Owners buy and sell page. There have been folk there before both looking for and trying to sell granny leads, chargers etc.

Phil, can you post a link, please?

I've been on the Facebook page but can't see any Buy & Sell section.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jprboy wrote: »
    Phil, can you post a link, please?

I've been on the Facebook page but can't see any Buy & Sell section.

I'd say this is the one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398421950294098/

Mickeroo wrote: »

Correct, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

Genuine BMW i3 cupholder for sale. Provides handy extra storage too. I'll get a photo up shortly but identical to this one. Perfect condition €60. Very easy to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Just going to throw this in here:

Renault are offering 0% finance on Zoe's.

Was looking at importing a used from the UK but this makes it interesting.

The cars are overpriced by thousands here. They should offer minus 10% finance :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »
    The cars are overpriced by thousands here. They should offer minus 10% finance :rolleyes:

Leafspy compatible OBD Scanner for sale.

€20 collected in Dublin 11.
    Can arrange postage if buyer requires.

I used this on my 2014 Leaf using Leafspy on my android phone.
    I cannot confirm if this works with iOS but I can confirm it works with Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 umbauk

Final week of my Tesla Model S being for private sale before it goes to a dealer and comes back on the market at a higher price.

142 Tesla Model S 85 with Autopliot, 3rd row seats and under full warranty until Jan 2022 - €46k ono

Full details and pics here

Great price, good luck with the sale.
    About 6 months too early for me as I'm purchasing a new house but you will find a buyer. Don't sell it to a dealer (unless you really need the money quick) as trade price is probably low to mid 30's on an s85

Lovely car, all the most desirable options too. Best of luck with the sale. Your initial asking prices were too high, but you were kinda caught out in the Tesla turmoil with the prices of new S dropping a lot. And it is hard to price a car where there are so few others for sale.

Personally I'm on the fence about buying a 5 year old Model S. Within a year, you will be able to buy a brand new Model 3 with HW3 and full self driving for less money than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 umbauk

ELM327 wrote: »
    Don't sell it to a dealer (unless you really need the money quick) as trade price is probably low to mid 30's on an s85

I have to sell as I'm leaving the country, but dealers are offering in the low 40s so it's not too bad. No doubt they'll stick it back on the market in the high 40s!

If you've got a low 40's offer to be honest I'd jump at that from a dealer, much less hassle. I sold my Ioniq to a well known EV dealer. Could have gotten 1-2k more for a private sale but I value my time and hassle free sale better than 1-2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

umbauk wrote: »
    I have to sell as I'm leaving the country, but dealers are offering in the low 40s so it's not too bad. No doubt they'll stick it back on the market in the high 40s!

I'll mind it for ya until you come back, and I'll not even charge you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Brand new, never unwrapped.
    A 10 metre long, Type 2, charging cable.
    Full 32A for max speed from home/public charge points.

Rather meet up as this is heavy & costly to post but often between Limerick & Dublin.
    Not sure on the cost of these - guess €175 is a fair price?

VG5cQzg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Brand new, never unwrapped.
    An 8 metre long, Type 2, 3 phase, 22kW charging cable.
    Full 32A per phase for max speed from both home & 22kW public charge points.
    11kW for i3, 22kW for Renaults, Teslas etc. on public SCPs.

Rather meet up as this is heavy & costly to post but often between Limerick & Dublin.
    Not sure on the cost of these - guess €215 is a fair price?

xQUanpA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

franer1970 wrote: »
    Used electric Mercedes B Class in NI:
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz/b-class/used-mercedes-benz-b-class-belfast-fpa-201606235199758

Not sold in the Republic as far as I can tell. In which case would MB dealers down here turn you away it if you wanted one serviced, do you suppose?

A good few of those cars sold down here, you could ask garage Peterson in south side Dublin who services as they had at least 2 in and sold recently

Talk about UK second hand EV prices on AutoTrader - they have gone mad in the last 6 months or so. Have a look yourself. Cheapest Ioniq GBP22k, cheapest i3 GBP16k, madness!

I bought one of these a long time ago, and ended up not needing it.

https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/adaptors/products/type-1-to-type-2-cable-adaptor-converter-16-32-amp-1-metre

How much do you think I could get for it?

Tbh, not sure if its 16A/32A or what length it is, its been in storage since I bought it!