Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

proudboy wrote: »
    But they are black, and they are animals.
    Ok so the basic problem with this is equating a behaviour (something that is optional) with something that is not optional (colour of skin)
    It could be interpreted as saying that there are behaving like animals specifically because they are black.
    In addition, there is another disturbing context... which is as follows... there tends to be a common thread in racism that black people are somehow sub human, or less human than white people. So calling black people animals empowers this morally corrupt idea....

Many racist people, especially those who don't even appear to know that they are racist, tend to have lower than average IQ's. So the approach that I'm trying to take here is one education as opposed to criticism...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

proudboy wrote: »
    But they are black, and they are animals.

You wouldn't have the stones to talk like that in the real world. Typical coward. Can't even admit hes a racist online behind a new account. The one thing you strongly believe and you're afraid to admit it or say it outright even with a curtain anonymity. Laughable and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Ok so the basic problem with this is equating a behaviour (something that is optional) with something that is not optional (colour of skin)
    It could be interpreted as saying that there are behaving like animals specifically because they are black.
    In addition, there is another disturbing context... which is as follows... there tends to be a common thread in racism that black people are somehow sub human, or less human than white people. So calling black people animals empowers this morally corrupt idea....

Many racist people, especially those who don't even appear to know that they are racist, tend to have lower than average IQ's. So the approach that I'm trying to take here is one education as opposed to criticism...

He knows exactly what hes doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Folks, why are you feeding the obnoxious troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Noteproudboy don't post in this thread again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Interview with author of "the strange death of Europe"

Well worth listening to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Why did you interpret it as black people = animals
    You may have a low IO because you sound very Racist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Is there anyway a few Halting Sites would help ?

According to the Irish Elites , A Halting Site is very desirous .

Would Halting Sites be like having ; Another Mass .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

I lived in Balbriggan until a few years ago, Newhaven area, never seen any trouble with gangs except what you would normally see with teenagers congregating neat shopping areas etc.
    The only real trouble was in the summer when gangs of youths would get the train down from Dublin and occasionally cause havoc on the beach, but that seems to be an issue all along the northern line in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Regency Trial to resume next Month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Johnson_76

Regency Trial to resume next Month

That's a lot of adjournments. Patrick Hutch might have an avenue for Judicial Review

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Zappone is one of the most dangerous people in the current government in this regard (because of the support she gives the FG minority she's been able to use her department to push her own private migrant agenda and anti-Trump sentiments - remember she tried to start a row over the pre-clearance issue).

I got through the first page of this thread before I had to skip ahead.. The usual whataboutery from the usual suspects although I'm sure the racist/xenophobic accusations are in here somewhere, and the "but the Irish went everywhere in the last century too" argument.

So, seeing as it's the same old really, I'll give my usual position.

Come here legally, have valuable experience and skills needed and the ability to support yourself, while integrating positively into your new community and society.... Welcome!

Turn up claiming asylum (having probably travelled through multiple safe countries first), bring the same destructive and incompatible "culture" you claim to be escaping, have nothing to offer except being another drain on our welfare system, and expect to be accommodated (literally and culturally) at the expense of the natives.... Back where you came from!

Commit (serious) crimes or behave as those in the OP's links... Arrested, court the next day (because justice can move swiftly when it wants to) and if convicted, first plane back to where you came from! (none of this nonsense of imprisonment at the taxpayer's expense).

And finally, this recent idea of social media crusading to prevent deportations of people who haven't been given legal rights to remain shouldn't be heeded at all. There's numerous legitimate ways to gain residency in Ireland. Use them or again.. Back where you came from!

Does this make me cold, uncaring or "racist".. Do I care? Nope.
    Charity begins at home and we have enough problems here with antisocial wasters without importing more of them, a significant percentage of whom are even more dangerous. Why there's the idea that "but, but.. here it'll be different!" is beyond me.

I'd far rather a safe country for my son to grow up in than a divided, ghettoised hell hole for the sake of "likes" and virtue signalling on Twitter :rolleyes:

Great post that nails what most Irish people want, just sensible policies and no bull****, we want people coming here to want to come here, to add positively to our country. We want immigration at a pace that allows for integration and for us to keep our culture and identity.

Unfortunately the people in power have very different ideas altogether. Its been show all over Europe that the will of the people regarding this issue doesn't matter, the higher ups will push their policies based on their own ideologies regardless, they will never have to deal with the negative consequences themselves.

There is no one even close to vote for here that agrees with your ideas, people who are worried about this getting out of hand quickly will get more desperate with the situation and you'll get a large amount of people voting for a small far right party even though most of the parties values will not match with their own personal morals, just so the message gets out that we need change to this open boarder policy quickly. It's failed in the rest of Europe (Even Angela Merkel has admitted this) and it will fail here.

Project 2040 is going to be some craic if nothing drastic changes very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Johnson_76 wrote: »
    That's a lot of adjournments. Patrick Hutch might have an avenue for Judicial Review

He cant JR the decision to an adjournment, his defence has agreed to everyone of them they actually asked for the 1st.

Colm fox investigation will be concluded soon and paddy will beat the trial on thr grounds of what is found. He will be recharged and collapse and walk free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I heard on the news that their are 5 inmates considered dangerous and violent enough top be transferred into the new unit in the midlands for violent prisoners. I wonder who they might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I heard on the news that their are 5 inmates considered dangerous and violent enough top be transferred into the new unit in the midlands for violent prisoners. I wonder who they might be?

According to that news article it won't be gang members.
    There are at least 17 gangs operating in the prison system and feuding gang members have to be separated but the Prison Service says the unit will not cater for criminal gang members.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Luke wilson sentenced to 12 years on A guilty plea. Wilson Kelly brannigan will be looking at 15 +

They are 5 inmates who are in the CBU in mountjoy. Pointless building a new 1 in the Midlands for prisoners in the joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's starting to sound like the public may never discover the story behind the Colm Fox saga, at least not unless a lawyer for one of the sides leaks it:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/regency-hotel-shooting-trial-to-resume-in-december-1.3692154

I reckon our only hope for finding out what went on is if it gets leaked by one of the legal teams after the trial has concluded :/

It's starting to sound like the public may never discover the story behind the Colm Fox saga, at least not unless a lawyer for one of the sides leaks it:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/regency-hotel-shooting-trial-to-resume-in-december-1.3692154

I reckon our only hope for finding out what went on is if it gets leaked by one of the legal teams after the trial has concluded :/

You must be the only person who Doesnt Know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,122 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

“His official firearm was recovered at the scene, foul play was not suspected and it was treated as a personal tragedy.”

The implication here seems reasonably straightforward, no?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    “His official firearm was recovered at the scene, foul play was not suspected and it was treated as a personal tragedy.”

The implication here seems reasonably straightforward, no?

The fact he shot himself isnt the issue. The issue is why? What did he hand to the prosecution on morning of trial starting? What gangsters pocket was he in? What information was he caught giving to said gangster? Did he knowingly allow a murder take place?

Stinksss to the high heavens

• Registered Users Posts: 40,141 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Commanchie wrote: »
    The fact he shot himself isnt the issue. The issue is why? What did he hand to the prosecution on morning of trial starting? What gangsters pocket was he in? What information was he caught giving to said gangster? Did he knowingly allow a murder take place?

assuming for a second this is true, does that make the people who committed that murder any less guilty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

^^^^^ We need to change our Politicians if we want to Stop Mass immigration .

Nothing Else is going to stop it .

The Italians change their Politicians and the lunacy that was going on in the Meditteraenean (?) sea stopped almost immediately .

If ya want change , change the Politicians . The lesson is there for all to see .

assuming for a second this is true, does that make the people who committed that murder any less guilty?

It is true. And obviously it doesnt. Murder is murder but murder by proxy is illegal and on those grounds will clear the accused

• Registered Users Posts: 40,141 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is true. And obviously it doesnt. Murder is murder but murder by proxy is illegal and on those grounds will clear the accused

murder by proxy is illegal. But that does not make the person who actually commits the murder any less guilty. If hutch is depending on a "well the guards knew i was going to do it so you should let me off" as a defence he will be sorely disappointed.

murder by proxy is illegal. But that does not make the person who actually commits the murder any less guilty. If hutch is depending on a "well the guards knew i was going to do it so you should let me off" as a defence he will be sorely disappointed.

Have you heard that defence in his case?
    Have I said that will be applied?
    Am i referring to Paddy Hutch

No
    No
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 36,122 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks for that, was unaware of the details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Thanks for that, was unaware of the details.

he isnt aware of the details either

he is just a fantasist who is pretending he knows people and details

mynamejeff wrote: »

Hahah really. Ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

mynamejeff wrote: »

Wouldn't say his assumptions are outlandish.

Regarding the legal aspects of murder by proxy, did I not read cases previous where people were considered working on behalf of the state when committing serious crimes had some sort of immunity? Maybe it was cases in the north during the troubles, or might have been in another country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement