Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long would you stop time for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Surgery that wasn’t successful - thought I was in prime position to have this done but it’s completely and utterly ruined my life. Went from being fit and healthy to being unable to even walk properly. I’d give anything to go back.

What sort of surgery, sorry to hear this you poor dear, I am considering getting surgery too and am very scared to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Knee replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Scene as we are talking about shows involving time from the 80s and 90s does anyone remember one where a traveller came from the future? 25th century Ithink it was and he liked it in 20 century Earth because in the future Earth had been ruined by war etc but there was some other reason to it too that I can not remember. H was stealing resources or trying to get the people there to go to the future something like that. Been a long time since I seen it so if anyone knows that would be cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

If you stopped time, how would you measure it?

Bingo. You can't stop time for a length of time because...you've stopped time. And if space and time are the same, then you can't do anything during that time anyway, and nobody would even be aware that time had stopped. I think.

Ms

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Surgery that wasn’t successful - thought I was in prime position to have this done but it’s completely and utterly ruined my life. Went from being fit and healthy to being unable to even walk properly. I’d give anything to go back.

Awe no that's terrible. So sorry to here that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thank you. I have to add that this was not due to surgeon error. I was just very unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

storker wrote: »
    Bingo. You can't stop time for a length of time because...you've stopped time. And if space and time are the same, then you can't do anything during that time anyway, and nobody would even be aware that time had stopped. I think.

but if time kept going for you... would you be able to move things, start an engine, drive a car, push through air molecules, walk on water? ...rob a bank

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

but if time kept going for you... would you be able to move things, start an engine, drive a car, push through air molecules, walk on water? ...rob a bank

What youd be doing is slowing time down for others. But how much can you do that by, to not be disruptive to their environment? Youd be creating sonic booms everywhere.

Ms

Maybe it is not to slow down time we should be thinking about but speeding it up like that episode of Star Trek where there was a race that moved faster than the crew of the Enterprise and what they heard was a bee like sound. That way you could still have fun and do everything you want as all the other people would be moving too slow to ever notice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement