Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George H W Bush has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

The towers fell because the f**kers behind it knew what they were doing. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed studied mechanical engineering in university. The architecture design for the towers were not designed for a huge blast or large scale structural fault to keep them up. Khalid most probably knew this. In the early 90's he was also behind the first plot to blow up the twin towers with the car bomb underneath one of the towers, hoping one of them would collapse into the other.
    That plot failed. His second one didn't. They knew well what they were doing. That is the shocking aspect of it but that is what it is

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Try highly pressurised kerosene and she how different it behaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

9/11 theories, oh no.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

buried wrote: »
    The towers fell because the f**kers behind it knew what they were doing. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed studied mechanical engineering in university. The architecture design for the towers were not designed for a huge blast or large scale structural fault to keep them up. Khalid most probably knew this. In the early 90's he was also behind the first plot to blow up the twin towers with the car bomb underneath one of the towers, hoping one of them would collapse into the other.

The thing is they didn't collapse into each other, they fell into their own footprints.
    There are conflicting notions on this issue amongst people more qualified than us, but it is far from the only thing that should raise eyebrows in relation to 9-11.

Surely somebody should have been held to account for the fact that the attacks occurred at the very least, a lot of people suffered on that day and as a result of that day and a hell of a lot of money was made as a result of it also.

Glazers Out!

Because I have often burned stuff with kerosene but it never exploded. I dont claim to be Aeronautic or civil engineer, I am more BioMedical with some chemistry.

Had to google this as I'm no expert but commercial jet fuel tanks store the fuel at 45 psi. Can you imagine the difference this makes? It's highly explosive at this kind of pressure.

• Advertisement

Nixonbot wrote: »
    9/11 theories, oh no.

No.

Bound to happen on today of all days, good late night Bush family legacy discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sciprio wrote: »
    I will not shed a tear for a terrorist who killed inocent people and then then gave birth to a terrorist just to send innocent people to their deaths just to compete or surpass their daddies unfinished business.
    Jaysus. He was some man for one man!

:pac:

nullzero wrote: »
    The thing is they didn't collapse into each other, they fell into their own footprints.
    There are conflicting notions on this issue amongst people more qualified than us, but it is far from the only thing that should raise eyebrows in relation to 9-11.

Surely somebody should have been held to account for the fact that the attacks occurred at the very least, a lot of people suffered on that day and as a result of that day and a hell of a lot of money was made as a result of it also.

That wasn't the plan on 9/11, the plan to collapse one into the other was the earlier attack in 1993 when a car bomb was placed underneath one of the towers. KSM was the mastermind behind that plot also

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. He was some man for one man!

:pac:

Male are the ones to give birth in half reptilian people

Bound to happen on today of all days, good late night Bush family legacy discussion!

Didn't the Bush families good friends the Bin Laden family get flown out of America in a hurry in the wake of 9-11?

The thing is rich powerful people don't give two hoots about the rest of us and would do litteraly anything to 1,maintain their power and 2, make even more money.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Didn't the Bush families good friends the Bin Laden family get flown out of America in a hurry in the wake of 9-11?

The thing is rich powerful people don't give two hoots about the rest of us and would do litteraly anything to 1,maintain their power and 2, make even more money.

Yep, all the Saudi diplomats were flown out too.

I probably wouldn't have hung around canary wharf area right after the bombing by the IRA.

That wasn't the plan on 9/11, the plan to collapse one into the other was the earlier attack in 1993 when a car bomb was placed underneath one of the towers. KSM was the mastermind behind that plot also

The 93 attack was a truck bomb, the 9-11 attacks were uncannily perfect in terms of opportunity and execution. People would naturally find this hard to believe.
    Also the altitude at which the pentagon plane approached would have made that size almost impossible to keep level and that speed.

There are two types of people in relation to 9-11, those who believe the official narrative and those who find it unbelievable. Nether will ever agree.
    I find it hard to accept the official version, just like I find people believing in religion outlandish or how I can't get my head around racism and xenophobia. Lots of people believe lots of things, at this stage with 9-11 people's minds are made up and anything put forward by the other "side" will be deemed illogical and dismissed out of hand.

Glazers Out!

I'm actually very sceptical of the official story. But you just get so many people going on about how highly predeceased fuel can't explode. Or how extreme temperatures can't weaken steel. They make it impossible to have a logical conversation about it.

tuxy wrote: »
    I probably wouldn't have hung around canary wharf area right after the bombing by the IRA.

Why were you involved?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Why were you involved?
    I'm sure he means an Irish accent, in the vicinity, in the aftermath of the bombing may not be a good idea.

Why were you involved?

Can you remember(or imagine if you were not born) what the British polices attitude was to the Irish around that time?

tuxy wrote: »
    Can you remember what the British polices attitude was to the Irish around that time?

I sure can, I remember the casual xenophobia towards the Irish (which still exists in a diluted form today) as well.
    Plenty of Irish people lived in and integrated into English society during the troubles, most English people had a nuanced enough world view to not tar us all with the terrorist brush.

Glazers Out!

The 93 attack was a truck bomb, the 9-11 attacks were uncannily perfect in terms of opportunity and execution. People would naturally find this hard to believe.
    Also the altitude at which the pentagon plane approached would have made that size almost impossible to keep level and that speed.

There are two types of people in relation to 9-11, those who believe the official narrative and those who find it unbelievable. Nether will ever agree.
    I find it hard to accept the official version, just like I find people believing in religion outlandish or how I can't get my head around racism and xenophobia. Lots of people believe lots of things, at this stage with 9-11 people's minds are made up and anything put forward by the other "side" will be deemed illogical and dismissed out of hand.

Both attacks were designed to try to take down the towers. KSM owned up to being the mastermind behind both attacks, he was also a qualified structural engineer. Thats how it was perfectly executed and engineered. People are going to to find it hard to believe a guy with a Bachelor of Science degree is going to be a terror mastermind, fair enough, but he was, he was also a ruthless violent Islamist terrorist too. This is the level of planning and ruthlessness the strands of violent wahhabi death cult terrorism will go to.

I believe the official narrative, to a certain degree, I believe Bin Laden, Zawahiri and KSM thought it out and planned it, KSM was for years trying to do it. For the case of some in the hierarchy of the USA knowing they were going to do it, I don't know. That could be possible, and they could have used it to take advantage of. But the men who have said they were behind it, Bin Laden, I mean, you have to say fair enough. They owned up to it, they were all got for owning up to it. All of the funds for the 9/11 attack came from Bin Laden and his sources in Saudi Arabia. That much is undeniable because all you have to do is follow the money that was sent to Atta, Atef and the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Tried to have Reagan assassinated, only the hand of God could have saved him.

Maradona saved Reagan?

:eek:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭flatty

paw patrol wrote: »
    that "idiot" was US president twice...what have you achieved?
    Seriously? A lot more than you.
    Admittedly I'm not responsible for mass murder, and other assorted crimes against humanity, so perhaps I am indeed a failure, but I've done OK in the general scheme of things.
    How about your good self?
    Sure Pol Pot was leader for ages. What a man he was.

Both attacks were designed to try to take down the towers. KSM owned up to being the mastermind behind both attacks, he was also a qualified structural engineer. Thats how it was perfectly executed and engineered. People are going to to find it hard to believe a guy with a Bachelor of Science degree is going to be a terror mastermind, fair enough, but he was, he was also a ruthless violent Islamist terrorist too. This is the level of planning and ruthlessness the strands of violent wahhabi death cult terrorism will go to.

I believe the official narrative, to a certain degree, I believe Bin Laden, Zawahiri and KSM thought it out and planned it, KSM was for years trying to do it. For the case of some in the hierarchy of the USA knowing they were going to do it, I don't know. That could be possible, and they could have used it to take advantage of. But the men who have said they were behind it, Bin Laden, I mean, you have to say fair enough. They owned up to it, they were all got for owning up to it. All of the funds for the 9/11 attack came from Bin Laden and his sources in Saudi Arabia. That much is undeniable because all you have to do is follow the money that was sent to Atta, Atef and the rest of them.

A number of engineers have noted that the towers were designed to withstand multiple impacts from fully loaded (with fuel) passenger jets each without suffering collapse. It is notable that the only three buildings to ever collapse in this fashion were in the world trade centre on 9-11 and one of them was not even hit by a plane.

As for money being sourced to fund the attacks coming from Saudi Arabia (a country with incredibly close financial and political ties to the United States) from the Bin Laden family (who have incredibly close business and personal ties to the Bush family in particular) being held up as a proof of 9-11 being an attack carried out independently from American influence doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
    In fact the incubation of wahabism itself inside a "friendly" middle eastern nation like Saudi Arabia has in itself possibly aided American foreign policy in the middle East by exporting its warped hard-line version of Islam to soon to be intervened in nations in the region. Right now America is selling weapons to Saudi Arabia that are being used in Yemen in a war nobody really wants to pay attention to.

Glazers Out!

flatty wrote: »
    Seriously? A lot more than you.
    Admittedly I'm not responsible for mass murder, and other assorted crimes against humanity, so perhaps I am indeed a failure, but I've done OK in the general scheme of things.
    How about your good self?
    Sure Pol Pot was leader for ages. What a man he was.

The more people you bomb the more likely you are to get a Noble peace prize.

Glazers Out!

A number of engineers have noted that the towers were designed to withstand multiple impacts from fully loaded (with fuel) passenger jets each without suffering collapse. It is notable that the only three buildings to ever collapse in this fashion were in the world trade centre on 9-11 and one of them was not even hit by a plane.

Have you a source for that, the only engineer I ever heard discuss the subject was one of the structural ones who designed the towers back in the 70's, when planes had much smaller fuel levels built into the mechanics of the planes back then. He claimed they never even thought of such an incident even happening, much like the rest of us. KSM knew this, being a structural engineer and took full advantage of it

Have you a source for that, the only engineer I ever heard discuss the subject was one of the structural ones who designed the towers back in the 70's, when planes had much smaller fuel levels built into the mechanics of the planes back then. He claimed they never even thought of such an incident even happening, much like the rest of us. KSM knew this, being a structural engineer and took full advantage of it

Architects and engineers for 9-11 truth is something I'm sure you've heard of, you're a big boy I'm sure you can find it yourself.
    The planes that hit the towers were also not carrying full tanks of fuel and were older models for their time and not the largest commercial aircraft in operation (I've flown in a united airlines 757 and can attest to it being a relatively cramped plane).

What are your thoughts on Saudi Arabia and its close ties to the United States?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why are we entertaining 9/11 conspiracy cooks?

Put it this way, the US government couldn't hide the fact that Bill Clinton got a BJ in the Oval office from Monica Lewinsky, do you honestly expect that they could hide the fact that 9/11 was some sort of 'black ops' event?

Get real.

markodaly wrote: »
    Why are we entertaining 9/11 conspiracy cooks?

Put it this way, the US government couldn't hide the fact that Bill Clinton got a BJ in the Oval office from Monica Lewinsky, do you honestly expect that they could hide the fact that 9/11 was some sort of 'black ops' event?

Get real.

Well that seals it. You've solved it all.

(Incidentally I think the word you were looking for was "kooks").

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well that seals it. You've solved it all.

(Incidentally I think the word you were looking for was "kooks").

Not solved it at all. Maybe there is nothing to solve. If you want to waste your time with that crap fine by me, but its a rabbit hole, where you will get no real answers.

Your belief is just that, a belief.

markodaly wrote: »
    Not solved it at all. Maybe there is nothing to solve. If you want to waste your time with that crap fine by me, but its a rabbit hole, where you will get no real answers.

Your belief is just that, a belief.

If you want to believe in your interpretation of it that fine by me (note how I can respect your right to your opinion without referring to it as "crap").

As you said your belief is also just a belief.

Have a nice evening, and best of luck locating your manners.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

KSM admitted it it as well as any other numerous crimes after a few years of water boarding. I believe he said he also killed Lincoln and shot JR.

Advertisement