Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I ordered clothes online, and of course I know what is ordered, I still get excited at getting a parcel in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

madmaggie wrote: »
    I ordered clothes online, and of course I know what is ordered, I still get excited at getting a parcel in the post.

I'm the exact same! It's always exciting to have something to open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dogs that carry things around on their walks. There's one I see all the time who always has a plastic bottle in his mouth, another that always has a stick and I saw one big guy on my way home from work carrying a teddy bear *hearts popping out of eyes emoji*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's Grand National day on Saturday so something to look forward to this week as the meeting starts on Thursday (and I can watch it live in work - sssshhhhh say nothin' to no-one :P )

And I went and got milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Worked on a presentation regarding my ideal job earlier, and got quite a bit done. Seems like a breeze to work on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Finally an email from the supermarket the folk here go to by community bus each week.. The mission is on.. Mafeking will be relieved..

Will be totally happy when the boxes actually arrive...

This was my own idea by the way....

Not trivial but happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of the caseworkers attached to the charity I donated our leftover Easter eggs too, send me a FB shot of the drawing the kids who got the eggs did for me, to "show" me their choc smeared faces after they ate the eggs. :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

a couple of months ago some beauty said hi to me first thing on a monday morning. I just smiled, said hi back, and kept walking.
    it wasn't until I walked off and thought to myself, the way he said it, was a very forward 'hello'.
    I obviously missed my chance there. boo hoo.

anyway, I was thinking about him only this morning, and I low and behold, I end up seeing him driving fast me earlier!!

I'm taking that as a definite 'sign':cool:

Hearing the ocean ebb and flow.. Always awes me. I think it is just when the tide turns... Ebb and flow, day after month, nothing anyone can do to stop it.

When the weather is better will do down the field to the shore and watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Graces7 wrote:
    Hearing the ocean ebb and flow.. Always awes me. I think it is just when the tide turns... Ebb and flow, day after month, nothing anyone can do to stop it.

I love the ocean too. When the tide is fully in, against the rocks that collect at the edge of the beach, and is on the turn, it sounds like a bag of marbles being shook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A nice shower to set you up for the evening.....wash the grubbiness of work away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Meeting some people for lunch that I have not seen in ages. And then randomly bumping in to some others. The mouth is sore from the chattin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I love living in Ireland for the ocean too. I'm about 30 minutes from it by car, that's amazing ! Back in Lyon, going to the sea was only for holidays (about 4h drive).
    Now when I've had a stressful week, I can drive down to the sea just like that.
    Even better, I work right beside it so I get a good look at it every day. That's a lovely daily trivial happiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting a treat from a family member for 'so many kindnesses over the past year" - no idea what they were. Toured the Down coast, visited Newcastle and had a real top notch high tea.

I love the ocean too. When the tide is fully in, against the rocks that collect at the edge of the beach, and is on the turn, it sounds like a bag of marbles being shook.

Yes i went out a while with the dog and watched and listened, and it was high tide against the rocky shore ..

JUst so blessed whatever else has gone awry here, and plenty has, to have this. And now the days are longer and dog and I can walk in that utter silence, oh and seaweed in abundance for the no-dig garden.

This thread is giving me a massive yearning for the ocean right now, but unfortunately I live in a landlocked county and am nowhere near the sea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    This thread is giving me a massive yearning for the ocean right now, but unfortunately I live in a landlocked county and am nowhere near the sea :(

Same here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Glad I don'ive in Offaly :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glad I don'ive in Offaly :D:D

Am Offaly glad I don't either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

next weekend I am going to an autism conference and meeting the woman who I inspired to write a book. Can't wait :)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am Offaly glad I don't either :D

Was holding my breath waiting for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Crossing lanes on the motorway without touching the cats eyes and the unexpected injection of smoothness that it brings! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I saw a beautiful small enough tabby kitty on the way home, can't be more than two I'd say, they just walked right past me as if I didn't exist and then I tried calling them over and they looked back at me as if too say"I don't know you boi" :D.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    without touching the cats eyes

:eek: thank god the cat is ok anyway :pac:.

I saw a beautiful small enough tabby kitty on the way home, can't be more than two I'd say, they just walked right past me as if I didn't exist and then I tried calling them over and they looked back at me as if too say"I don't know you boi" :D.

:eek: thank god the cat is ok anyway :pac:.

There are two cats by the ferry slipway. One is wild as wild, slinks along .belly as near the ground as it can get, eyes on you all the while. The other is a wee charmer, purring, rubbing against you, searching car and bags for food . If i am bringing home a cooked chicken from Dunne's//Oh mY! So I sit in the car, sharing chicken with the cat, watching the boat creaming in to gather me home.
    Odd though;I have never risked petting her... Just something warns me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Myself and a friend decided to book a night away because we deserve it ..well it has just been booked and it's now 3 nights away and we're going by plane..bring it on.ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    Myself and a friend decided to book a night away because we deserve it ..well it has just been booked and it's now 3 nights away and we're going by plane..bring it on.ðŸ˜

How exciting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I finally went to one of those Coinstar machines in Tesco with my money box. I got 100 quid back! It's like free money!

How exciting! :D

110e return for both of us including one bag for the new clothes and shoes ..it's was a no brainer ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    110e return for both of us including one bag for the new clothes and shoes ..it's was a no brainer ðŸ˜

That's for nothing, where are ye heading? :D

• Advertisement

That's for nothing, where are ye heading? :D

Not too far..but I'm watching the match right now and it's reminding me of where I'm going 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement