Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Meeting a ( girlfriend-ish sort of ) blast from the past and it seemed we were genuinely glad to see each other. Still grinning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Ad Astra at the cinema this evening. and on Wednesday, I'll be seeing a performance of the Michael Collins musical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sharing some of my large crop of apples with the neighbours. Straight off the tree they are juicy and delicious. It shows the children that things don't come out of plastic bags in the supermarket, they actually grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

madmaggie wrote: »
    Sharing some of my large crop of apples with the neighbours. Straight off the tree they are juicy and delicious. It shows the children that things don't come out of plastic bags in the supermarket, they actually grow.

Th remembering robbing orchards as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This is dedicated to New Home!
    Out for a walk on another beautiful afternoon, and lots of dry, crunchy leaves on the ground under my feet.
    I feel like I'm eleventy seven all over again.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have a date on Sunday. Excited but really nervous, I’ve never been taken on a proper first date before :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Finding cinnamon leaf oil that does not smell like cloves. Very uplifting smell.

Also TH, predictive text. I find it very handy & timesaving as long as you keep an eye on it or it misbehaves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

still shak
    y when I think of it but happy that I saved the life of a dragonfly yesterday. After a terrifying early childhood encounter with these.... things.. I am still traumatised by them. shudders! but it was in danger and I rescued it. did the right thing rather than gve in to my fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The wind may be rough and the leaves may be falling but the wind direction blew them all into the wooded area of the garden, rather than the lawn where they usually end up.

One less job today.

TH with the rain, my garden needed it. Also got a load of baking done this wet day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got a new mobile phone today

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I have a date on Sunday. Excited but really nervous, I’ve never been taken on a proper first date before :o

Oh enjoy it! They’re brilliant. It’s been a while since I had a first date but I love the feeling of butterflies in the run up to it. Hope it goes well for you :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is dedicated to New Home!
    Out for a walk on another beautiful afternoon, and lots of dry, crunchy leaves on the ground under my feet.
    I feel like I'm eleventy seven all over again.:D

:cool::D Thank you, Buttercup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Oh enjoy it! They’re brilliant. It’s been a while since I had a first date but I love the feeling of butterflies in the run up to it. Hope it goes well for you :)

Won’t be happening, he texted to “reschedule” tonight. Whether he actually reschedules remains to be seen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Won’t be happening, he texted to “reschedule” tonight. Whether he actually reschedules remains to be seen :rolleyes:
    Ahhh he will. Have faith :)

To thine own self be true

I'm sure there's a genuine reason, he wouldn't have asked you if he didn't want to do it, Kitty :)

Th found this Italian potato starch glue in a tin that smells like almonds. Bought it for art and craft with my friend's child. Ostensibly.

Weird things make me happy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th is chatting to my niece on video chat last night, she kept shoutin "hi" and then when we were saying goodbye and she kept say "mwah" :D:3

Also th is visiting my favorite wee man yesterday, we had a great time the two of us running around my sisters kitchen going mad catching each other and then he wanted to sit in the laundry basket, so I put in it and I pushing him around the kitchen island and he giggling mad, he loved it :D:3.

Whether he actually reschedules remains to be seen :rolleyes:

If he doesn't he's the world's biggest ass clown!

Bredabe wrote: »
    So glad I put on my bed braces the other day despite it being the last thing I wanted to do!

Lovely flat bottom sheets even after sleeping.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying in bed eating from a tub of Xmas Cadbury hero’s and drinking wine in my pjs. Life is good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Graces7 wrote: »
    :confused:

They are lengths of elastic with snaps on the end, one attaches to each end of the sheet to stop them bunching up or getting loose during sleep.

I use them mostly on fitted sheets, but it would work on flat sheets as well.

Like men's trouser braces in design and can be placed at angles if that works for your bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

TH that Seph brought back a fond memory of mine: 3 years old and rolling around the kitchen in the plastic laundry basket.
    I have a great photo of it.
    Thanks for the memory :)

To thine own self be true

I bought a CD of 80's music in Easons. Back to being a teenager again.

I've had Run DMC "It's like that" running through my head this morning. You can't bounce to 2019 music like you can to old music.

Th the new Marmite packaging. Marmite Hypnosis. I like funny marketing.

Widdershins I agree. I was walking along this morning to the rythmn of The Proclaimers 500 Miles. I live out in the middle of nowhere so can screech away.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH with the whole weekend.:D

On Saturday i was prowling with my bike and the “Donk(ey)” through the development area in the next village looking for used EPAL pallets for project “Pallet Sofa”. By accident a former neighbour who is nearly finished with his new home saw me and called me over. After a round through his new castle he offered me the two pallets in his garden for free. Perfect condition for used ones, hooray!

So the Donk and me travelled the distance of a good kilometer twice and very carefully. Was a bit wobbly...:pac:

In my nearly daily discord video chat in the evening i told a friend about it and he offered me his angle grinder. As well as inviting me for a late Sunday lunch with homemade pumpkin cream soup, yummy. So Sunday i got fed, had a game round with his 4yo and his 🚒 and got kilos of red grapes, pears and potatoes from their garden.

As i have a rescued 24“ bicycle for his 10yo daughter he lend me his self made bicycle trailer for transport. May i introduce you to “TMBBT- TheMeanestBigBicycleTrailer”? :eek::p

The way back in the evening was a bit slow. Had to take a little 10 minutes break after 2/3 of the distance (11 km) and was 2-3 gears down from my normal speed. This thing weighs around 30 kilo w/o load. In the front the two small kids (4+6) have their seats and the rest is meant for the weekly shopping. Twas a bit like tail wagging the dog and nothing i need on a daily basis but the only way to transport the bike for his daughter.

Crazies among themselves...but happy.:D

The deep strong rose coloured geranium in full bloom in my kitchen...

I knew it when it was a seed! Have watched it survive when all its sibs gave up, then saw the buds.....waited to see what shade.. Such a colour.. I had hoped for white or red but this pink is so rich.

Never had geraniums in my many travels these last years so this is a symbol of being settled and home here. They were a large part of my Lancashire childhood. A well- scrubbed, holystoned step, dazzling white net curtains and red geraniums in the front window, in a room that was for best and almost never used. were the signs of a good mother and housekeeper.

Thank you flowers! For all you mean and your shining petals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Seeing the backside of Monday.She was such a Perra today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Spent 12 months on a maternity contract desperate to impress but the lady returned and I wasn't extended sigh. A short spell on the dole.

After that I got a 6 month contract elsewhere and was hoping for a good extension but all I got offered was a lousy 3 month contract. Well better than nothing but I was hoping for something more

I´ll be telling them to shove it (not really), I did three interviews, was gruelling and tiring in another company and finally got a permanent role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Feeling really good, happy and content in myself. Reflecting on what I’ve discovered about myself through therapy and how far I’ve come since the start of the year. My confidence and self esteem is the highest it’s ever been and it’s all down to the effort and work I’ve put into myself.

We had our first hockey match of the season yesterday and I scored three goals. That’s the most I’ve ever scored in a single game. I’d only had less than two hours sleep after working the night shift, maybe I should play while sleep deprived more often :pac: I felt so good after the match, I went into training this year wanting to play better than I ever have, and it seems I’m on track for that.
    I also volunteered to be fundraiser coordinator for our club and I’ve organised a table quiz, and in the process of organising a second event. I never put myself forward for this kind of thing before as I was always afraid I wouldn’t do a good enough job and people would dislike me because of it.

I also spent ages playing my new keyboard, trying to learn some of my favourite songs. I want to get back into writing music before the year is out, I’ve always found great comfort in music. I wasn’t even self conscious about playing in front of my housemates.

Last week I was on a hen and wore a dress I haven’t fitted into in 3 years. It fits me perfectly now. I know I looked good. I love my body now, after years of being unhappy with it. Again, that’s down to hard work, training, and looking after myself better.

Reading all that back now, it doesn’t seem so trivial. But I’m just happy. I’m class :pac: After years of other people telling me that, I’m glad I’ve finally realised it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Reading all that back now, it doesn’t seem so trivial. But I’m just happy. I’m class After years of other people telling me that, I’m glad I’ve finally realised it myself.

That was a lovely post to read. Good for you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement