Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CorkedAgain

Going to Ed Sheeran in Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Friday 4th - 2 adults & 3 U16. We have 4 seats in block 108 & 1 in block 107. Wondering if suiting anyone to swap one ticket? Ticket to swap is 107/Row E. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets available for Galway and Cork too.
    I thought this sold out last July :rolleyes:
    The usual scam .

They seem to be the adding a few extra every so often. After picking up 2 today for Galway on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Still trying to pass mine on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I bought tickets for Ed Sheeran as a gift for someone. As I am the ticket buyer and not attending, I queried it with TM by their customer service email. I explained that no party attending would have the same surname as me.

I got this reply.

"Hi 

You can pass the tickets on to a family member or a friend once you also provide them with a copy of your ID and the card you made the booking with.

Kind Regards

Ticketmaster"

Hope it helps some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

"You can pass the tickets on ......... once you also provide them with a copy of your ID and the card you made the booking with.

Kind Regards

Ticketmaster"

To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
    Ticketmaster website

So two contradictory positions from Ticketmaster. From what others have been told it seems like they have backed down on the id requirement and are allowing resale of tickets.

In addition large number of tickets now on sale on reseller sites like viagogo (150 tickets on sale for cork alone) and toutless. Assume that these sites have now been made aware that id requirement will not be enforced. A victory for the touts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Olsky wrote: »
    In addition large number of tickets now on sale on reseller sites like viagogo (150 tickets on sale for cork alone) and toutless. Assume that these sites have now been made aware that id requirement will not be enforced.

We've heard no such thing. We've allowed people to list tickets with the understanding that the original purchaser will be in attendance.

Viagogo do not appear to care if an event has restrictions or not. They already got burned at the Noel Gallagher gig in Scotland when people got turned away for lack of ID.

Toast wrote: »
    We've heard no such thing. We've allowed people to list tickets with the understanding that the original purchaser will be in attendance.

Indeed. Then why do you have multiple listings for 4 or more tickets when maximum amount of tickets that can be purchased by an individual is four. You also have many tickets for sale where seller is stating that he is unable to attend.

6 tickets at face value for galway the 12th may. standing.

: I have 4 tickets seated for Pearse Stadium on Sat 12th
    have 4 standing tickets for Wed and need to swap for 4 of any type of ticket on Thursday due to family bereavement

Hi, I can't get to Galway for the gig (bloody fumming). I have 2 tickets

I have 4 tickets for Sunday 6th May

I have four tickets for sale for the May 16th Dublin, Phoenix Park

Hi, I have 4 tickets for the Saturday May 12th in Pearse Stadium Galway, to sell. 

A few of the multiple listings on toutless where at least four tickets are for sale or seller is making it clear that he will not be in attendance..
    So either Toutless has now been told that id check will not be enforced or ye are deliberately facilitating people being scammed. Which is it?

Things get through as the moderation is manual. If there are listings breaking rules please use the report function. In the meantime we've made it clear what people need to do to be in line with Sheeran's rules based on what is the public information on the event listings. If people have invalidated their own listings then people viewing them have all the information they need to realise that.

. If people have invalidated their own listings then people viewing them have all the information they need to realise that.

That's a complete cop out. People do not have the information because the official position is now being undermined and contradicted from other sources. People will assume that Toutless is allowing large numbers of ads that are blatantly in breach of the official position because ye are aware that the id check requirement has been abandoned.

If that is not the case Toutless is behaving very irresponsibly and doing damage to it's credibility.

• Advertisement

The topic title specifically has an addition to it regards ticket maximums, the topic is in its own sub forum called restricted tickets and the first post has detailed information regards the official line on the restriction. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it. We've blocked the sale of restricted tickets entirely in the past due to the possibility people would end up with invalid tickets and I had multiple arguments here with people who said I needed to trust that people had the personal responsibility to protect themselves. What we have in place is the compromise and it is still being worked on which is how mistakes get through which is all they are.

Anyway I'll remove the posts when I'm in a position to do so though I notice you spent the time to go through finding posts on the site to quote here but you didn't take the time to press the report button so I wonder what exactly is your agenda here?

From your other posts it is clear you think we've had some secret communication from Ticketmaster that we've to all play along and pretend there are restricitions but they won't happen on the day. This has not happened but it has always been my dream to be part of a conspiracy theory so thanks for that.

it is clear you think we've had some secret communication from Ticketmaster that we've to all play along and pretend there are restricitions but they won't happen on the day.

I think that is the most reasonable and rational explanation for why ye are allowing these ads. If that is not the case ye are being irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ken L

Hi. I have 2 Ed Sheeran tickets for Cork on Friday 4th.

I am going to one of the gigs in Dublin. (had originally got the Cork one's and planned a weekend stay with someone, :-( but it didn't work out ).
    I am looking to recoup what I paid for them.

They are physical tickets and I will provide a photocopy of my ID and card details (redacted number except for a few characters). I am based in Dublin but will be in Kildare on Thursday.
    If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I think that is the most reasonable and rational explanation for why ye are allowing these ads. If that is not the case ye are being irresponsible.

The most rational explanation is that a message board which has no connection to Ticketmaster, and who have no involvement in the actual ticket exchange process, run by lads in their spare time, are in cahoots/secretly run by Ticketmaster.......... Rather than a few posts fell through the cracks??

hynesie08 wrote: »
    a few posts fell through the cracks??

The requirement that purchaser of tickets goes to concert was put in place to dissuade the reselling of tickets. Toutless is a site whose function is the reselling of tickets. It is clear that if the stated restriction is enforced then most of those who buy tickets through Toutless will be redused entry.
    So what they are doing is irresponsible. And it is not just a few. Most of the ticket ads that are up on Toutless are in breach of the stated restriction.

So yes the most obvious explanation is that Toutless has been told that the requirement that the ticket purchaser be present will not be enforced or else they are taking an educated guess that it will not be enforced

it is not just a few. Most of the ticket ads that are up on Toutless are in breach of the stated restriction.

So yes the most obvious explanation is that Toutless has been told that the requirement that the ticket purchaser be present will not be enforced or else they are taking an educated guess that it will not be enforced

I've removed 22 posts from the forum which I felt were beyond reasonable doubt to be breaching the rules. Most of these were quoting posts that were in breach of a rule rather than themselves being in breach of it. I count 90 left over across the active Sheeran topics. Some will also be quotes, or posts from me reminding people about the rules again but even with that in mind your claims that MOST of the posts were breaching a rule is provably false.

I've sent our moderators a message reminding them of the rules with regards this topic and to ensure they uphold it.

I've also added a FURTHER post to each of the active Sheeran topics making it clear what the rules are and that breaches will be removed.

I've done this within 4 hours of being made aware of the issue on a Sunday. You could have made this task easier by reporting the posts you had issue with. If you've future issues with particular posts please use this to bring them to our attention and they will be reviewed.

I suspect you've actually no interest in whether we're irresponsible or not and are simply making the claim to try goad me into admitting I am in some sort of shady cabal with Ticketmaster which obviously I can't because then they will activate the pain collar again but thanks for pointing out the posts that got past us.

I commend you Sir. You have been very proactive and apologies for impuning your motives. I was to an extent playing devil's advocate and arguing for the sake of arguing which is part of the purpose of a discussion forum.

Your new post on the website is clear and well written. Although it seems given the information that is being given out by Ticketmaster agents that the id requirement has been abandoned the official position as stated on the Ticketmaster website is that it will be enforced and it seems sensible to go with this until official confirmation to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Cork Stage Times - 4th, 5th & 6th

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Bif

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm

Thanks for that. Any idea what time the concert will finish at?

Bif wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Any idea what time the concert will finish at?

Curfew is 11pm but would expect a finish between 10.30pm and 10.45pm.

• Advertisement

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm

They are not the same without Jim Morrison.

They are not the same without Jim Morrison.

You win the internet today my friend - top class:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭fafy

I hope the Cork GAA & Aikens get their act together for these gigs, at Páirc Ui Chaoimh. The Springsteen gig are still fresh in people’s minds, locked exit gates, unlit exit points, and rubble uneven ground at exit points around the old stadium.
    A ridiculous token system for the bar, and stewards, who did not know where the toilets were, or the exits, or even the bar system, or anything for that matter

An Enquiry into the running of the event, which was supposed to happen got buried.

The GAA have still not resolved the access roads lighting issue, which was part of the planning permission for the redeveloped venue.

What is concerning is the high volume of kids attending. They need to get this right, but their reputation does not inspire confidence.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/ed-sheeran-gig-warning-id-12456540

Ed Sheeran fans urged to remember to bring ID to Irish gigs
    You won't be let in otherwise!

30 APR 2018

Aiken Promotions have released another notice to fans and are urging them not to forget their ID as they will be asked to show it before being admitted to the concert.

If fans do not have ID on them, they will be turned away and the promoters and concert officials have said that resold tickets will not be accepted and ticket holders will be refused entry into the arena.

"Please beware of bogus ticket sellers, do not buy from any unofficial source/secondary sites as these tickets will not grant you access and we would hate for you to miss out."

Very sloppy journalism. Story based on an Aiken press release from Apr 17th. But Ticketmaster not officially confirming that they have done a u turn and will be allowing resold tickets with photocopy of touts ID is adding to the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey all. I've been reading over posts but can't get or find anything definitive. My wife has been offered tickets for the Sunday gig in Cork. The person who purchased them can't attend. Is there a mechanism for transferring tickets? Or will it be safe to just rock up with the tickets? Thanks!

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey all. I've been reading over posts but can't get or find anything definitive. My wife has been offered tickets for the Sunday gig in Cork. The person who purchased them can't attend. Is there a mechanism for transferring tickets? Or will it be safe to just rock up with the tickets? Thanks!

The official position remains the same. The purchaser of tickets is required to attend with photo ID.

The unofficial position is that you can buy tickets from resellers and use them with photocopy of ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone know what the set list will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭fafy

The official position remains the same. The purchaser of tickets is required to attend with photo ID.

The unofficial position is that you can buy tickets from resellers and use them with photocopy of ID.

TM email for the event came out earlier and it says
    • For tickets purchased online: To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.

• For tickets purchased in outlets: Whether you have paid by cash or credit card your name will be printed on your tickets and you will be required to bring valid ID matching the name printed on the ticket, or a photocopy, to gain access to the show.”

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Sister is going to the concert  in Wembley, she got her tickets the other day and there is no names on them, if they are not enforcing ID at Wembley doubt they will here.

• Advertisement

Ticketmaster put a large batch of extra tickets for all cork shows on sale yesterday.
    Resellers now offering tickets at below cost in order to compete. How low will they go?

Advertisement