Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bullitt Mustang found

• 25-01-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/14/original-bullitt-mustang-found-takes-its-place-alongside-2019-b/?icid=autoblog|trend|original-bullitt-mustang-found-after-40-years
    After filming wrapped on "Bullitt," Warner Bros. sold two cars off, one to a private buyer and another to a salvage yard. The salvage car was beaten and bruised thanks to a number of jumps and stunts during filming. While that one was eventually found in Baja California, the other Mustang has been quietly resting in a private collection for nearly 40 years.
    Kiernan doesn't have plans to sell the car, but the right offer may be too hard to pass up. Hagerty estimates the car might be worth more than $4 million at auction, comparing it to James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 ($4.1 million) and the original Batmobile ($4.6 million).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Now to find RDR 838 :cool: which couldn't have been a 69 model in a 68 film as the article suggests! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Now to find RDR 838 :cool: which couldn't have been a 69 model in a 68 film as the article suggests! :p

That's the Charger? I always found those 10 times cooler than the Mustang.
    According to an interview I have heard so long ago it's not true (no really, no guarantee this is correct), the Mustang had to be patched up all the time while the Charger could take a beating much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Jay Leno drove it towards the end of this video

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

According to an interview I have heard so long ago it's not true (no really, no guarantee this is correct), the Mustang had to be patched up all the time while the Charger could take a beating much better.

Yep the Charger! Steve McQueen and Bill Hickman would meet in an airfield and bring both cars to their limits, to see how well they could work together. In the scene with the explosion, you can see the Charger missing everything in the background! Was also used as a camera car. Must re watch behind the scenes as I have the DVD :p

Now... Next to find is 510 ANT 75 and 715 MCG 75 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

dr, I think it was other way around: the Mustang kept on going while the Dodge regularly overheated and broke down. That's if my memory serves it right. Read article on some British magazine about it 20 years ago.

Cool cars both of them but like you it would have to be the Charger if I had to choose between two of them. There is something about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The green beetle was the true star of that scene haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've heard that story myself, never heard that it was the Mustang that kept going. I do agree that it's much cooler looking than the Mustang. It has so much more presence and is menacing looking.

Advertisement