Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAR BOOT SALES - DATES AND LOCATIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Athenry Car boot sale still going ahead on the 25th, I'm sorry about the change of dates. I'm working with a commitee... let's just say, I'll leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Greaney wrote: »
    The date for the Athenry Car boot Sale is Saturday 18th of August (the same day they have their Festival). PM me for more information.
    FYP - I hope! :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    FYP - I hope! :D

It's still going ahead on the 25th, committees...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

Has anyone done Killinarden? Whats it like. I want to do a clearout but don't want to let stuff go for peanuts. I've some nice dresses that have been worn once all costing in or around €70 each what you think? Am I fooling myself thinking i'll get a half decent price for these?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Has anyone done Killinarden? Whats it like. I want to do a clearout but don't want to let stuff go for peanuts. I've some nice dresses that have been worn once all costing in or around €70 each what you think? Am I fooling myself thinking i'll get a half decent price for these?

Were they €70 new or is that the price you're hoping to sell them for?

I don't know the car boot sale or what county your talking about, however, I organize a car boot myself and I've found that clothes don't sell too well.

Resale price is very poor on electronics, books, shoes & clothes. As a consumer, they're just not a good 'investment', they date quickly and in the end, they usually do go for peanuts. The things that do well are often good quality bric-a-brac (vintage/boarderline antique), Vinyl, and the hot food vendors do well at car boot sales. A lot of buyers are either dealers looking for vintage goods or folk dropping in with no more than €20 in their pocket.

You might do better at a high end swap-shop (but you'll still be suprised at how little they pay). Your best bet could be ebay! I've bought clothes and shoes myself on ebay, but to get something like €30 or more it'd have to be.. I dunno 'designer' or very funky vintage. Also, if they're all a size 8, that narrows the chances more.

I hope this is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Were they €70 new or is that the price you're hoping to sell them for?

I don't know the car boot sale or what county your talking about, however, I organize a car boot myself and I've found that clothes don't sell too well.

Resale price is very poor on electronics, books, shoes & clothes. As a consumer, they're just not a good 'investment', they date quickly and in the end, they usually do go for peanuts. The things that do well are often good quality bric-a-brac (vintage/boarderline antique), Vinyl, and the hot food vendors do well at car boot sales. A lot of buyers are either dealers looking for vintage goods or folk dropping in with no more than €20 in their pocket.

You might do better at a high end swap-shop (but you'll still be suprised at how little they pay). Your best bet could be ebay! I've bought clothes and shoes myself on ebay, but to get something like €30 or more it'd have to be.. I dunno 'designer' or very funky vintage. Also, if they're all a size 8, that narrows the chances more.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks i've been to a good few and seen clothes fly out because they're going for a fraction of the asking and some new/worn once. I'm not interested in the swap shop option, there prices are terrible too. I'd rather just do a big clearout and let them go that bit cheaper. Not everyone is worried about been bang on the minute with fashion, as not every fad of clothes will suit everyone, that's what I find anyways. Where abouts is your car boot sale?

My Next car boot sale is in Galway (Athenry) on the 25th of August.

I hear ya on the once off clear out thing. I began to organize car boot sales after I went to a few ropey ones. I really have to work hard on publicity to get the buyers in.

I found the best clothes buyers are students (usually art students) they're inclined to be under a size 10-12 so they don't struggle to fit into stuff. I love second hand myself but I'm all grown up (or out):o

This will be my first car boot that I've organised outside the city so I don't know if it'll be a different type of buyer in a small town. I found more 18-30 yr old buyers in the city. No morgage, looking for cheap 'n cheerful.

I'd give a car boot a spin if I were you (you don't have to just sell dresses, no?) and borrow a rail, though I assume you will. I've seen some folk draping clothes on the car and it's tricky for browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Any car boot sales on this weekend in either south dublin or north wicklow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

Any near newbridge or naas?

Due to the sucess of the last Athenry Car boot sale, we've been asked to have another....

Car Boot Sale
    Athenry Mart, Athenry Co. Galway
    Saturday 29th September
    11am -4pm (buyers from 10am)
    Cars €10 with trailer/vans €20

pm me for more information

This is a weather permitting event so please phone on morning of sale if in doubt

There's talk about making this slightly regular (maybe four or five a year during summer months, so keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

Schecter01 wrote: »
    Any near newbridge or naas?

There appears to be loads in your kneck of the woods. I got this off the Collect Ireland web site, that's where I post mine....

Family Sunday Market & Car Boot Sale
    Naas Racecourse, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Every Sunday from 10:00am – 5:00pm

Ideal location, within 500 yds of Junction 9 of the M7 motorway. Great day out for all the family – including the dog!
    • Free bouncy castle, free playground, toilets & Sky sports – all indoors.
    • Parking for over 1,000 cars.
    • Full Irish breakfast €6/Lunch €8.
    • Snacks available all day.
    Stalls and Car Boots: €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

There appears to be loads in your kneck of the woods. I got this off the Collect Ireland web site, that's where I post mine....

Family Sunday Market & Car Boot Sale
    Naas Racecourse, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Every Sunday from 10:00am – 5:00pm

Ideal location, within 500 yds of Junction 9 of the M7 motorway. Great day out for all the family – including the dog!
    • Free bouncy castle, free playground, toilets & Sky sports – all indoors.
    • Parking for over 1,000 cars.
    • Full Irish breakfast €6/Lunch €8.
    • Snacks available all day.
    Stalls and Car Boots: €20

is this one still going:

Carlow Car Boot Sale,
    Strawhall Industrial Estate, (off the Athy road), Carlow town
    Every Sunday from 7am until late afternoon
    Stallholders and traders contact: Removed by mod - please PM original poster for contact details
    Current rates are €15 for cars and vans.

tonyheaney wrote: »
    is this one still going:

Carlow Car Boot Sale,
    Strawhall Industrial Estate, (off the Athy road), Carlow town
    Every Sunday from 7am until late afternoon
    Stallholders and traders contact: Removed by mod - please PM original poster for contact details
    Current rates are €15 for cars and vans.

I'd say 'Anne' would know that ;)

is Ann here on the board or does any one else know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

is Ann here on the board or does any one else know

I rang Ann and the Carlow sales are confirmed but the times are slightly different i.e. 8.30am - 4.00pm. The telephone is a wonderful invention. :D

I'm sorry Tony, I was trying to be clever and funny, Anne's phone number is posted on the posting there. Usually personal info doesn't make it through the mods so I was suprised to see 'phone Anne', and her number on the post.

Can you see that? It hasn't been edited out yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

If you see something that shouldn't be here please report the post and we'll make a decision. We are not always online and don't read all posts. I think the number is OK if Anne is OK with it. We also have left numbers to auctioneers and other markets but if someone has a problem with this please report the post in question to bring it to our attention. Thanks.

sadly its not do great for people with out ears LOL but ya, is it like an indoor flea market? car booth? ive never seen one and want to know what to expect before i go

I'm sorry Tony, I was trying to be clever and funny, Anne's phone number is posted on the posting there. Usually personal info doesn't make it through the mods so I was suprised to see 'phone Anne', and her number on the post.

Can you see that? It hasn't been edited out yet!

I don't post details of car boots/fairs/auctions here anymore due to removal of phone numbers and other details but that's the mods decision.

I don't post details of car boots/fairs/auctions here anymore due to removal of phone numbers and other details but that's the mods decision.

I have to agree. I post my car boot sales (all for charity) and ask folk to PM me. People really want a phone number to talk to the organisers because many car boot sales are badly promoted and folk want a number to confirm if it's taking place. Perhaps the mods will spot this post and change their mind with regard to car boot sale posts?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I have to agree. I post my car boot sales (all for charity) and ask folk to PM me. People really want a phone number to talk to the organisers because many car boot sales are badly promoted and folk want a number to confirm if it's taking place. Perhaps the mods will spot this post and change their mind with regard to car boot sale posts?;)

You know, instead of hoping a mod would spot one of the many posts he/she has to trawl through and keeping in mind that we are volunteers and not 24/7 online it would be better if you would talk to moderators directly or at least let them know about the posts you wish them to read. ;)

We cannot post other people's mobile phone numbers. If the number belongs to you or a poster you/they may decide to publicly post them, I have no problems with that. I don't think it would be too much of a problem to put under posts the comment to contact the OP by private message for contact details.

could some one please confirm these place actually exists as i went past and it look closed :confused:

could some one please confirm these place actually exists as i went past and it look closed :confused:

What is strawhill? :confused:

strawhall carlow it was the old Te*as store next to perrys cash and carry, that is the one isnt it?

strawhall carlow it was the old Te*as store next to perrys cash and carry, that is the one isnt it?

Contact details for Strawhall here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know if there's any carboot sales in South Dublin/Wicklow due for Sunday October 28th?
    was disappointed to find out St Joseph's finished a month earlier than normal.

anyone know if there's any carboot sales in South Dublin/Wicklow due for Sunday October 28th?

calary-filling-station.jpg?w=570

Car Boot Sale
    Old Calary Filling Station, Co.Wicklow
    (at the foot of Sugar Loaf Mountain)

The above is scheduled for Sat.27th and Sun.28th October

Details here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on this site, updates fairly regularly

http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Maigh Eo

Hey

Just to say that an indoor Car boot sale has started in Foxford, Co. Mayo.
    It is taking off really well in the last couple of months. It took place Sunday October 21st from 10-3.
    Im sure further information can be gotten from the resource centre Foxford.
    prices are good and im sure it will grow in the months ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

Hi all!! I have an indoor Car Boot sale organised- "Tramores Big Booty" for the 18th November in the Tramore GAA hall (entering Tramore from Waterford side turn left at "boat roundabout", GAA directly on left) from 10am-3. Teas and coffees available, as well as buns and bars! Lots of stalls with a variety of goods, entrance= €1 per adult, kids free, and a door prize! - door money goes towards local Youth Club. Suzie :)

Advertisement