Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genesis @ 3Arena 16 November 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I bet there happy the put the tickets on sale when they did

Hope to god this crisis is over or at least at bay by November

Having something like gigs to look forward to is an escape from all the current affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I bet there happy the put the tickets on sale when they did

Hope to god this crisis is over or at least at bay by November

Having something like gigs to look forward to is an escape from all the current affairs

I know people probably not buying tickets for anything till they know when this crisis is over and with jobs losses aswell reducing people's expenditure.

I'm hoping it's over by November been dusting of my genesis albums and also spending time listening to various solo albums that I hadn't listen to before.

Touch and go for this taking place in November or been moved to 2021

Be nice to have this in November

Touch and go for this taking place in November or been moved to 2021

Be nice to have this in November

I think it will depend on how things are in the UK aswell Ireland could be ok for large gigs but if the UK isnt then it will be moved or cancelled.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I think it will depend on how things are in the UK aswell Ireland could be ok for large gigs but if the UK isnt then it will be moved or cancelled.

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

we live in hope but theirs about 80/20 chance this gig will be postponed and take place in 2021/22

I was wondering today is this tour going to be used as a warm up of sorts to get the appetite back and we could see a summer outdoor tour in 2021

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I hate these covid restrictions:
    • I cant dance
    • I cant talk
    • the only thing about me is the way that I walk

we live in hope but theirs about 80/20 chance this gig will be postponed and take place in 2021/22

I was wondering today is this tour going to be used as a warm up of sorts to get the appetite back and we could see a summer outdoor tour in 2021

Magazine interview mentioned possible USA tour depending on how well this goes (ie Collins health) Interview also said Collins plans some instrumental work and potential set list "Fading Lights" will be played as its the perfect final song for a final tour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• I cant dance
    • I cant talk

giphy.gif

• I cant dance
    • I cant talk

You'll be fine cause Jesus he knows me

• Advertisement

harder and harder to see this happen as scheduled

I knw UK arenas might be opening back up fairly soon but November is still a bit away and **** knows what this virus will bring next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭fafy

harder and harder to see this happen as scheduled

I knw UK arenas might be opening back up fairly soon but November is still a bit away and **** knows what this virus will bring next

Agreed, can’t see it happening, its not looking good at all, for any gigs more than a few hundread

fafy wrote: »
    Agreed, can’t see it happening, its not looking good at all, for any gigs more than a few hundread

I'll very much enjoy my day if it goes ahead as planned

Be grand if they rescheduled for early 2021 but more than likely it will be November 2021

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I cant see an arena opening up with only half capacity as i cant see them offering to charge 50% rental fee to promoters. A promoter wont want to run gigs where they cant make a large profit from an arena show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This will be knocked back a year .
    Ticket sales for the UK are poor ,they added second nights in places like Manchester,Glasgow,Newcastle,and Leeds when 1 night would have been sufficient.
    Similarly the 2nd night in Dublin has sold poorly as well.
    The prices are too high .

Moved to April 15th and 16th 2021.
    Now taking place on a Thursday and Friday night instead of a Monday and Tuesday.
    Dublin is no longer the start of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kilteragh

Zardoz wrote: »
    Moved to April 15th and 16th 2021.
    Now taking place on a Thursday and Friday night instead of a Monday and Tuesday.
    Dublin is no longer the start of the tour.

Tuesday becomes Friday. Excellent. Booked. Thanks for the heads up!

Damn it gigless for the rest of 2020 but the show is earlier then expected for 2021. Think night 2 might sell a bit better with it been a Friday

Roll on the 15th April 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭This is it

Friday suits me, can make a night of it now. Hotel booked and all :)

Just realised its the same week as Celine Dion .
    Balls ,promised the missus I'd bring her to that so 2 trips to Dublin in the same week .:(

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just realised its the same week as Celine Dion .
    Balls ,promised the missus I'd bring her to that so 2 trips to Dublin in the same week .:(

Be worth it

Let's hope Phil is in better shape than the end of his recent solo tour

I knw some people don't like finding out the setlist but it can be handy for toilet/drinks breaks. Love 'Jesus he knows me' but can't see them playing that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Be worth it

Let's hope Phil is in better shape than the end of his recent solo tour

I knw some people don't like finding out the setlist but it can be handy for toilet/drinks breaks. Love 'Jesus he knows me' but can't see them playing that

If attendees do decide to go for multiple pisses, burgers, hot dogs and beers during the gig - as if none of these things are available in any other setting - lets hope it's not as bad as at Billy Joel in the Aviva in 2018.

The band and music was excellent, I thought, but it was like sitting in the middle of a shopping centre, the amount of people in and out throughout the whole gig.

There were people leaving their seats numerous times during the gig, and missing chunks of the show, each time, whole songs. It was difficult to ignore them as they were walking in and out, across the flat seated area, obstructing the view of the stage.

If attendees do decide to go for multiple pisses, burgers, hot dogs and beers during the gig - as if none of these things are available in any other setting - lets hope it's not as bad as at Billy Joel in the Aviva in 2018.

The band and music was excellent, I thought, but it was like sitting in the middle of a shopping centre, the amount of people in and out throughout the whole gig.

There were people leaving their seats numerous times during the gig, and missing chunks of the show, each time, whole songs. It was difficult to ignore them as they were walking in and out, across the flat seated area, obstructing the view of the stage.

All big stadium/arena gigs are like that, people half there for the music and half for the night out/gloating element. Kind of going for the Isle seats now cause of it, constant up and down for whatever reason

Another gripe is people shouting 'play this and that', not a fan of loud singers too (I paid to hear the band playing sing not you ha)

Can't wait for live music to return

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭This is it

All big stadium/arena gigs are like that, people half there for the music and half for the night out/gloating element. Kind of going for the Isle seats now cause of it, constant up and down for whatever reason

Another gripe is people shouting 'play this and that', not a fan of loud singers too (I paid to hear the band playing sing not you ha)

Can't wait for live music to return

Went to a gig late last year and there was a lad behind me shouting at the band over and over again to play a specific song. Unfortunately, in his drunken state, he missed them playing it about 20 minutes beforehand... Absolute melt and took a lot of restraint not to turn around and tell him to STFU

This is it wrote: »
    Went to a gig late last year and there was a lad behind me shouting at the band over and over again to play a specific song. Unfortunately, in his drunken state, he missed them playing it about 20 minutes beforehand... Absolute melt and took a lot of restraint not to turn around and tell him to STFU

reminds me of when I was at the rolling stones in Croker. A group of lads arrived and started having a loud full blown chat about college in Galway to a group in the row below during the first song (Symphony for the devil). Paying all that money just to have a chat, stay in the pub then

Wasn't at the gig myself but a-ha started there recent dublin gig with 'take on me'. That was kick in the arse for event junkies who prob went for that song and expecting them to do it near the end ha

We should be in the 3Arena tonight :(:(

Looking likely this will postponed again and may happen in Autumn 2021 or 2022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

I think it would be risky to rearrange for 21, I’m surprised to hear on the radio that tickets are still being given away for shows in spring 21 for various different artists I just cannot see them happening.

prob not the strongest of lineups of the band but love the version of Follow You Follow Me (starts at 1.25.20)

Regarding the The Last Domino? Tour no way will it go ahead as scheduled. Could be moved to Autumn 2021 (arena availability another issue for that time) or sometime in 2022 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭fafy

prob not the strongest of lineups of the band but love the version of Follow You Follow Me (starts at 1.25.20)

Regarding the The Last Domino? Tour no way will it go ahead as scheduled. Could be moved to Autumn 2021 (arena availability another issue for that time) or sometime in 2022 :(

Just doesent sound the same without Collins.
    Agreed, i’d say it will be deferred till next year tbh, as a good chunk of the specific audience is, mainly in the high risk over 60, category,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,711 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

fafy wrote: »
    Just doesent sound the same without Collins.

Wilson was a poor choice, someone like Fish would have been better. On the other hand, they were pretty irrelevant by 1997 regardless of who was singing; Collins' solo career was on the wane as well.

Advertisement