Forum Closed  

06-06-2017, 12:33   #16
Ailesbury Hair Clinic: Lorraine
Verified representative

Ailesbury Hair Clinic: Lorraine's Avatar

Choosing a Clinic or Doctor for Hair Surgery

Hi there and thank you for your email.

Dr Feriduni is a very new member of the Hair Transplant community and thus far has not presented many abstracts about his work and results. That said, it is hard to grade his work.

Dr Bisanga is highly experienced, an excellent hair transplant surgeon whom I worked with some years back. I found Dr Bisanga to be throughly ethical and capable.

As for fees, each clinic or doctor will need to be contacted for their rates. On average, internationally a fair rate for a 3000 follicle procedure would be 6000 euros.

I hope that helps.

Lorraine Lambert
Ailesbury Hair Loss Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIsSanJose View Post
I have been researching HTS for quite a while now.

It is generally agreed by all that the best surgeons in Europe are Dr Feriduni and Dr Bisanga. Other people will add certain other surgeons to that list and some will agree and others won't but the two I mentioned are universally recognized as being at the top of the profession.

I'm sure you know of these two surgeons. What is your opinion on them? Who is your surgeon and how do you think he compares to these two?

----------------

Dr Bisanga has his prices clearly listed on his website:

Price per Graft (Strip/Tricophytic Technique)
- The first 2000 grafts at €3.00
- All additional grafts at €2.00

Price per Graft (FUE Technique)
- The first 1000 grafts at €5.00
- All additional grafts at €3.00

What are your prices?

----------------

For a Norwood 6 with normal hair thickness - can you give general guidelines as to:

- Which technique you would recommend?
- A rough guideline to the number of grafts you would estimate for a Norwood 6?

----------------

Generally speaking what medication do you recommend a patient to take before and after a HTS procedure?

Thank You.
Advertisement
06-06-2017, 13:20   #17
MysticMonk
Banned

Propecia horror stories.
Thanks from:
06-06-2017, 13:32   #18
Verified representative

In regards to your question.....

"which technique do you recommend for a Norwood 6"....

Either FUT or FUE will work well but ONLY if the donor site is strong. If the donor site is weak then a doctor should not consider taking on a Norwood 6 patient. We have worked with FUE exclusively for 15 years and our doctors prior to that worked with FUT Strip but it's not something we would choose to go back to as it's very much an old fashioned method these days.
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2017, 18:15   #19
BorneTobyWilde

How is your crown work. Is that more difficult that other areas.
Can one have just temples restored and maybe do other work when needed?
12-06-2017, 11:51   #20
Verified representative

Crown and temples work - hair restoration

Hi there and thank you for your questions.

Our work on the crown is very good, as long as the donor site can provide enough grafts / donor hair then a good result is achievable definitely.

You can start with just placing in the temples if you wish and then place in other areas at a later date.

Please feel free to send through photos of your donor hair and thinning areas for our medical team to assess and come back to you on.

Thank you.
Advertisement
15-06-2017, 23:52   #21
funkey_monkey

If someone did take a HT at this stage who only had temple loss, how many further HT's would be required to backfill as the natural hairline receded?

At what Norwood level is a HT recommended?

Many clinics provide propecia alongside a HT in order to minimise further loss. My knowledge of this is that it potentially has sexual side effects. Are these side effects permanent or do patients recover over a period of time once finishing the drug?

What are your thoughts on Replicel?
17-06-2017, 10:46   #22
Verified representative

Thank you for your questions. I shall answer them one by one.

1. If you're seeing hair loss in the temples and they've receded sufficiently, then it is possible to begin transplanting in those areas. The question about how many further sessions will be needed is completely different for each individual due to the pattern of hair loss they're following and their own individual final end point in terms of further hair loss. If somebody is destined only to lose hair in the temples then a further procedure may not be needed or just one further procedure. For an individual who's showing signs of progressing to a Norwood 4,5 or 6 then a good deal more work may be needed. The important factor of how abundant and strong the donor site is for each person will indicate how much more work they can actually have, so this needs to be looked at in a consultation.

2. Hair transplants can begin once the temples have receded by 2cm-3cm from their original line.

3. Some clinics do recommend Propecia, Proscar or Finasteride post hair transplantation but we do not prescribe this due to the day to day and possible long term side effects that can be faced.

4. As you will have read, Replicel is still very much in the research phase and so we will follow Phase 2 studies over the next few years and see how that's developing.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks.

Lorraine - Ailesbury Hair Loss Clinic
Thanks from:
25-06-2017, 23:08   #23
WhereIsSanJose
Banned

Is there a cost for the initial consultation to see if I'm a suitable candidate?

Do you have any better photos of the before and after from your previous patients?
27-06-2017, 13:41   #24
Verified representative

Hi there, apologies for missing this email/ question.

Yes we do have results photos from all angles and of course are happy to introduce you to clients to see their results, which is often more helpful.

Please contact us through our site and we shall be happy to help.
Advertisement
27-06-2017, 13:42   #25
Verified representative

Hello, there is a consultation fee of €50.

Please contact us through our site for additional photos etc.
Thanks from:
28-06-2017, 01:11   #26

is there a boards discount off the consultaion fee? 60% off sounds like a good gesture for us folks.
Thanks from:
28-06-2017, 08:52   #27
Verified representative

We had said for Boards.ie members that the consultation would be complimentary, hope that helps.
(2) thanks from:
Forum Closed