Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Handicap after layoff

Options
  • 01-06-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all.

Decided to get back into golf again after playing 1 or 2 rounds the last few years. (Played more the last 2 weeks than i have in 3 years)

My club has reactivated my old handicap of 13 but i was under the impression that i would have needed to submit 3 new cards as i didn't have enough qualifying rounds in the year prior and a new handicap would be produced, adjusted from my old handicap.

Club insist i don't need 3 new cards but my handicap has a status of Non-Competition which means i need to hand in 3 new cards anyway for it to become 'C'.

I think the club is a bit apprehensive of increasing the handicap but its a bit disheartening when ive struggled to break 90 and had rounds in the 100's after getting back into it.

Are the club right in the way they are approaching this?

Either way i need to get practising!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Club is offside there Id say. should be insisting on the three cards, but should probably still give you 13. Dont know how it goes for sure, but dont think you can become a 'c' until next year or maybe they changed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

My club has reactivated my old handicap of 13 but i was under the impression that i would have needed to submit 3 new cards as i didn't have enough qualifying rounds in the year prior and a new handicap would be produced, adjusted from my old handicap.

From this I assume that you played qualifying comps last year and had a handicap then? If that is true then the club has done everything correctly in reinstating your previous handicap

If you didn't have any handicap in the past 12 months then you should have had to submit 3 new cards. However your old handicap would still be a factor in deciding your new handicap

Advertisement