Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2009 VW Passat 1.4 TSI: power window goes up then comes back down

• 31-05-2020 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

We have a 2009 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi petrol.

I have a problem with driver power window. When I press the window button in the up direction to raise the window, the window slides up to the top but then slides back down again - not all the way, most of the way. If I keep pressing the button the behaviour keeps happening except eventually it slides all the way back down. When this happens pushing the button in the up direction does not raise the window at all - it has no effect. Eventually after a few minutes the button starts to work again but the behaviour with the window going up and then down persists.

In order to get the window mostly closed I push the window button in the up direction very briefly in order to raise the window slowly in small increments until it is very close to the top at which point I stop. If at this point I keep pushing the button in up direction until the window hits the top then it will just roll back down again.

The window was working fine until this started happening. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I have had this issue on a few cars before
    It could be that the window frame is gone very dry and causing resistance when its traveling
    Try doing this with it and see
    I think the last time I had the problem, this kind of worked for me, but I had to do it 3 times maybe

Advertisement