Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang For Your Buck

• 25-05-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I workout at home with limited equipment and have gotten pretty decent recults, so since gyms are still closed I'd thought I'd share some of my favourite low equipment exercises, stuff that's a little different but similar to your bread and butter bodyweight exercises. the kind of stuff you could do at home and still get some results or ar least maintain your body. The only equipment needed are gymnast rings, easily found on Amazon, and a pull up bar to hang them on. So the set up would look like this.
    gym-rings-home-pull-up-bar.jpg

(CHEST)
    ARCHER PUSHUP
    EQUIPMENT:NONE
    For chest I have the archer pushup, a great movement that works the chest to a greater degree than the regular pushup, elavate your feet to make it even harder.
    Archer-Push-Up.jpg

RING DIPS
    EQUIPMENT:RINGS + PULL UP BAR
    My absolute favourite chest exercise is ring dips, regular dips kill my shoulders but ring dips are just fine for me, you'll get a great chest and tricep pump from these, if they get too easy do archer dips or increase the time under tension. To set these up hang the rings from a pull up bar.
    ring-dips.jpg

(BACK)
    PULL UPS
    EQUIPMENT:RINGS + PULL UP BAR
    For a more lat dominant workout the classic pullup is great, to make it harder really contract the muscles at the top and slow down the decent, archer pullups are a great progression, if you really hate yourself do one a half pull ups, go half way up, then down, then fully up, thats one rep, or if you want an iron grip hang a towel from the bar to get forearms lile Popeye.

BACK
    RING ROWS
    EQUIPMENT: PULL UP BAR + RINGS
    Rows from the rings hanging from the pull up bar are great, there is a variation for every strength level, just stretch the legs out to make it harder, to really up your game try one arm rows, I do these with back straight and legs slightly bent at the knees, I can only manage about three before I'm a shaky mess.
    ring-rows.jpg

One Arm Version
    demoonearmrow.jpg
    Just stretch out the legs to increase the difficulty.

(LEGS)
    SKATER SQUATS
    EQUIPMENT: NONE
    This is a little gem of an exercise that works the thighs and glutes hard, with some hamstring activation too, will also help with muscle imbalances and balance too, if balancing is too hard just hold on to a couple of chairs or a counter to balance.
    skater-squats.jpg

These can also be weighted as seen below.
    hqdefault.jpg

With lockdown in place we've got to make do, hopefully some of this will be of some use to ye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You can certainly see the changes in your body across the progress photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Did it cost much to get the tattoo removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You don't even need a chinup bar if you have an attic. Get a rectangular block of wood, like from a pallet and it will not roll

rings-loft.jpeg

I have rope and can sling it over a tree branch or goal posts and do rope pullups. If slinging over a goal post make sure it is strong enough, it will be best to do it near the post, not in the middle where there is less support. Like you mentioned, a beach towel can be slung over the attic support.

The attic hole will be higher than a doorway bar and so cause further instability, which you may or may not want.

rubadub wrote: »
    You don't even need a chinup bar if you have an attic. Get a rectangular block of wood, like from a pallet and it will not roll.

No bueno if you have an attic stairs though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No bueno if you have an attic stairs though
    I was in a house with a stairs in the attic and was able to do it, depends on the stair design I suppose. This one could pull down and hang down vertically and so was out of the way.

Another one I did was using stairs, there was a landing above it and put a bar on the ground and straps around it. Then put pillows on a wall & stairpost, the bar rested against the pillows so as not to damage the wall/post.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I was in a house with a stairs in the attic and was able to do it, depends on the stair design I suppose. This one could pull down and hang down vertically and so was out of the way.

Another one I did was using stairs, there was a landing above it and put a bar on the ground and straps around it. Then put pillows on a wall & stairpost, the bar rested against the pillows so as not to damage the wall/post.

True. Mine comes down at an angle so if you dropped a line from the opposite end to where its hinged and it hits the door.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Did it cost much to get the tattoo removed?

Probably got it thrown in for free with the vaginoplasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any rings you reccomend?

Is it stable enough with the door mounted pull up bar?

Advertisement