Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SNA Course

• 26-03-2020 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all
    I hope you can help me - I'm finding it hard to get any good, concise information on SNA courses - different online courses which seem to be for the same accreditation vary widely in price and I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or tips on which course to go for.
    I'm a professional in my late thirties with a college degree (just by way of context ) I have experience of SNAs through my own sons need for one and I would like to explore getting a qualification to take up work.
    Thanks in advance for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

NiaCla12 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I hope you can help me - I'm finding it hard to get any good, concise information on SNA courses - different online courses which seem to be for the same accreditation vary widely in price and I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or tips on which course to go for.
    I'm a professional in my late thirties with a college degree (just by way of context ) I have experience of SNAs through my own sons need for one and I would like to explore getting a qualification to take up work.
    Thanks in advance for your time

I'm coming to the end of an SNA course in 2 weeks time. Dont know much about the on line offerings ( actually an aunt of mine completed it on line and didnt recommend - found it tough going with little guidance) ... but as long as you have a Fetac Level 6 qualification at the end you can apply for SNA jobs
    The course I did requires 2 assignments.to be completed over the 12 weeks, it wasnt essential that you had classroom experience to complete them but some exposure to a.child / children with special needs.would make them a lot easier to complete.
    Maybe compare the.contents of each course and try figure out why the price difference. There is a lot of information to take it and a good few hours required to complete each assignment but very do able...
    Btw, it's quite difficult to get a permanent job as an SNA right now, lots of people doing the course, that may change of course..

Advertisement