Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

aido79 wrote: »
    FG/FF could come up with a cure for Covid 19 tomorrow and you'd still have muppets on here complaining...

"Why didn't they do it sooner?"

"Look how many died".

"It's all their fault, they're murderers"

Give it a rest for the love of God, it gets weary.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

aido79 wrote: »
    FG/FF could come up with a cure for Covid 19 tomorrow and you'd still have muppets on here complaining...

"Why didn't they do it sooner?"

"Look how many died".

"It's all their fault, they're murderers"

No, they'd be asking all those questions and replying to themselves, well obviously Sinn Fein stopped them.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

It's clear that FG are the only adults in government. The rest are morons. Look at Eamon Ryan's embarrassing rant about planting salad pots in your back windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I honestly think FGs management of this crisis if done right will lay the groundwork for another election and they should stroll away with it if they perform during this crucial stage for our state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families

That was from the 2nd of March for two weeks. Self isolation is well over. If you are in self ioslation, there is still plenty of ways to communicate to the outside world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

I think politicians realise that it’s not the time for petty points scoring.

Imagine if Boards posters thought the same. Particularly the ones that keep banging this same particular drum ad nauseam in multiple threads. It almost as if they can't get over SF doing so well in the election...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

the govt have families.

everyone has families.

where are sf?

We're all in this together. All pulling in the same direction. No real opportunity for opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I honestly think FGs management of this crisis if done right will lay the groundwork for another election and they should stroll away with it if they perform during this crucial stage for our state.

I don’t think so. If there is an election after this FG’s message will be one of financial prudence and rebuilding the economy.

But SF’s will just continue with their usual free money for everyone.

The Irish electorate does not reward responsible government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I don’t think so. If there is an election after this FG’s message will be one of financial prudence and rebuilding the economy.

But SF’s will just continue with their usual free money for everyone.

The Irish electorate does not reward responsible government.

Dam electorate, should have the vote taken off them for having the neck to vote for someone other than FFG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Dam electorate, should have the vote taken off them for having the neck to vote for someone other than FFG.

That's not what I meant but I can see why you've read it that way. It's not about voting for any one particular party. Neither FG or FF got a 1 or 2 off me in the last election and I don't think I've voted for the same party two elections in a row.

What I meant was that at we vote for the party promising us the sun the moon and the stars and at the minute that is (mostly) SF so it is they who will get most votes, probably until such a time as they end up in government at which point the giveaway party will switch to FF or FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sydthebeat wrote: »

They are looking after their families

They were elected to run the country. If someone takes on a job like that, we expect them to have adequate support systems in place that they can do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

They were elected to run the country. If someone takes on a job like that, we expect them to have adequate support systems in place that they can do the job.

That's the thing though, they haven't gotten the job to run the country.
    They can't run the country if they don't have the power to do so.

This is what is confusing me...Why are people having a go at political parties that have no say or power in this current situation?

It's like the people in the virus thread, giving out about people going for a walk whilst they're out for a walk themselves.

Baffling

I know yeah, the audacity of people to have an opinion and get up off their arse and go out and express it on polling day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

MLMD was just on the radio there with Dermot and dave on an 'ask me anything'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

The SF "Health" Spokesperson was on Prime Time the other night, and rather than offering anything about her brief (HEALTH) and what should be done, her very 1st point was about renters. Pathetic. Maybe she had nothing to complain about in terms of the health response.

MOR316 wrote: »
    That's the thing though, they haven't gotten the job to run the country.
    They can't run the country if they don't have the power to do so.

This is what is confusing me...Why are people having a go at political parties that have no say or power in this current situation?

It's like the people in the virus thread, giving out about people going for a walk whilst they're out for a walk themselves.

Baffling

As Leo said "There's a fair few nutters in every party including my own", it just seems evident all the nutters in his party post on Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

Gone away? I heard Mary Lou being interviewed on the radio only yesterday, and she was in great voice (as per usual), stating the bleedin obvious (as per usual), saying what she'd do if she were in power, getting listeners to nod with every sentence because she just spouts out obvious stuff like ... "we need to be careful" ✓ "this is a threat to humanity"✓ "this virus doesn't recognise borders"✓ "everybody needs to pull together"✓ "this isn't a green or orange virus"✓ "if we all take precautions we can beat his virus"✓

She always does this, spouting the obvious and slowly hypnotising the listener into agreement, even though it's what we all know anyway :)

Leo & Co are doing a great job, and Sinn Fein have been put on he back foot and just haven't got the depth or knowledge to deal with this emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

they're manifesto was based around promises made possible by a strong economy. thats all gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Theres a virus thing doing the rounds and health concerns are kind of a priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

they're manifesto was based around promises made possible by a strong economy. thats all gone now.

I think everyone would be reassessing surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Not really
    I'm no fan of SF but a lot of the infrastructure health,education and housing programmes in their manifesto would be the post corona stimulus programme of choice now that most governments will get borrowing approved for,including by the ECB and council

So when we get out of this,they too will shine,I'm convinced of that
    Whether they're talking to senior IRA people wont matter much because most Irish people arent anti incentive, anti commerce or anti getting on in this world and actually neither are SF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Not really
    I'm no fan of SF but a lot of the infrastructure health,education and housing programmes in their manifesto would be the post corona stimulus programme of choice now that most governments will get borrowing approved for,including by the ECB and council

So when we get out of this,they too will shine,I'm convinced of that
    Whether they're talking to senior IRA people wont matter much because most Irish people arent anti incentive, anti commerce or anti getting on in this world and actually neither are SF

yes big infrastructure projects paid for with borrowed money would be a good thing after this blows over, and i hope if SF are in government that they do indeed shine. but it will be very easy for FFG to steal their clothes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Enough of this hurler in the ditch sniping, put aside juvenile brickbats and work together.

With everyone except the shinners if the FFG supporters on here get their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

where are sf?

Not in government.

Not hiring galway lads to write scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,191 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I think everyone would be reassessing surely?

I suppose we will see the anti-vaxxer wing of Sinn Fein go a little quiet for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

blanch152 wrote: »
    I suppose we will see the anti-vaxxer wing of Sinn Fein go a little quiet for a while.

What's the FG wing doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

As Leo said "There's a fair few nutters in every party including my own", it just seems evident all the nutters in his party post on Boards.ie
    Yes indeed.
    I was just wondering if they were all organised by a PM from Mount St that went like this:
    "Hi Guys, we really need to begin putting the boot into SF now so that when we F up as usual people will already know that SF is to blame for our fiasco."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's obvious.

SF have realised that there is a massive health and economic worldwide and Irish crisis and obviously decided right now they do not want to govern.

I am no fan of SF but I thought they were very sensible in looking for NI schools to be closed last week

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Varadkar, Flanagan and Agent Orange travel to Templemore, 300 Garda not adhering to social distancing guidelines, and yet he’s on Rté news right now giving a speech. Why the hell this ceremony needed to go ahead in the first place. Yet the millionth SF thread :D

Next story Tainste criticises teenagers for not adhering to social distancing guidelines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

The fact Varadkar is a detached doctor in a family of doctors did no favours to his popularity when the biggest concerns were about access to housing and healthcare for people outside that sort of social sphere.

Now his detachment comes across as courageous rather than indifferent, and his family are right in the middle of what's coming, not aloof from it all. He's been impressive since they started actually doing something, and his speeches have been superb.

FG bear significant responsibility for state of the health service. But right now people are concerned with what is right in front of us. And with that they inspire infinitely more confidence than SF, FF or the greens would.

So SF are quiet because attacking them might just highlight this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement