Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Offseason 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

adrian522 wrote: »
    As long as this doesn't mean moving on from Ford or Buckner I guess its ok. The problem is that for this contract to be worthwhile he needs to play to 2019 levels consistently. It's not possible for him to out perform that contract really.

Agree though, we need to see the breakdown per year and the guarentess.

Buckner gone to the Colts... :(

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Buckner gone to the Colts... :(

Pick #13 and Buckner getting $21m a year.

Will need to start researching the draft again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I’m stunned at that Hopkins trade, absolutely stunned. That’s a game changer for the Cardinals who were trying to offload Johnson anyway. Well done Cardinals.

Cannot see any upside for the Texans on the face of it.

Is it though?? There defence needs serious work and they got good of a pretty decent rb. They are literally putting everything in the score what ye want we will score more basket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Oat23 wrote: »
    About an hour ago the Bears were working on a deal to sign Bridgewater and now the reports are saying it's not happening and we're focused on Andy Dalton.

And I'm ready to be taken out behind the shed and shot. What's the point anymore.

I'd be more worried about the Bears if they had Dalton over Bridgewater.
    VillaMad wrote: »
    Looks like Stefon Diggs could be moving as well.

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1239624004345958400

Diggs seems to pull this type of crap a lot. Loves an ambiguous tweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pick #13 and Buckner getting $21m a year.

Will need to start researching the draft again

F**k this. Seriously. He had another year on his rookie deal and is superior to Armstead, has been good every year and never seems to be injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Is it though?? There defence needs serious work and they got good of a pretty decent rb. They are literally putting everything in the score what ye want we will score more basket

It’s a stretch to call Johnson a decent RB at this stage given his injury history and contract, they will be thrilled to have him off the books. Their passing attack should improve with Hopkins on board and Murray in year two which is what they are very openly going for. It’s a very good trade from the Cardinals perspective imo.

I’m not saying it puts them in the championship conversation, or that they don’t have other needs.

I'd be more worried about the Bears if they had Dalton over Bridgewater.

I’d take Dalton over Bridgewater too, Dalton has been in a bad spot with a bunch of turnstiles blocking for him. He is not that bad, and is an upgrade over Trubisky

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

SF now hold #13 and #31.

Does the Jimmy G trade talk start now? Those two picks are a decent start for a trade up.

F**k this. Seriously. He had another year on his rookie deal and is superior to Armstead, has been good every year and never seems to be injured.

They can’t pay everyone on that line. I can see the logic of taking the first round pick for Buckner while they can, but always tough to see good players leave.

Good trade for the Colts, they have loads of cap room and get an instant star that can slot in to an area of need

I've gotten over the surprise and have come to terms with it a bit now. It does make that Super Bowl loss hurt even more, knowing it was the last game he played for the team.

I think Buckner is a superior player, a great leader and person but is his impact worth Donald money?

The maths were paying him ~$21m per year and potentially getting a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 or keeping Armstead for ~$17m per year and #13 this year. I'd have preferred getting rid of someone like Thomas but anyone we want to get rid of has little to no trade value.

As all draft pick trades, it all rides on what they do with the draft capital. We're suddenly in a place where Kyle could get his hands on one of the top WRs.

• Advertisement

SF now hold #13 and #31.

Does the Jimmy G trade talk start now? Those two picks are a decent start for a trade up.

No.

The guy came off an ACL injury and led his team to 13-3 record and a Super Bowl appearance. Yes, he had a bad half a quarter, while likely concussed, but the hyperbole around him is crazy. At this point the 49ers are in a Super Bowl window and he has a good grasp of a very difficult system and is on a relatively cheap deal. Talk of trading him is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239658577914146817

My Browns are getting things done again in the off-season. Draft a left-tackle and no excuses for Baker Mayfield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SF now hold #13 and #31.

No, it does 2 things, frees up $12m in cap and gives them some draft capital. I would see a WR being a target at 13 or maybe a DB.

I don't think they are in the market for a QB, they could even trade down from 13.
    They can’t pay everyone on that line. I can see the logic of taking the first round pick for Buckner while they can, but always tough to see good players leave.

Good trade for the Colts, they have loads of cap room and get an instant star that can slot in to an area of need

They can't pay everyone, but they paid Armstead, who is not as good, had only 1 really good year etc. Also Buckner was under contract for 2020 so there was no urgency to pay him.

I get it, better get a first round pick now then a 3rd comp pick in 2022 and they got good value for him but I'd have preferred him to stay.

I guess they also need to pay Kittle this season so something had to give but I'm not real impressed with this move.
    I've gotten over the surprise and have come to terms with it a bit now. It does make that Super Bowl loss hurt even more, knowing it was the last game he played for the team.

I think Buckner is a superior player, a great leader and person but is his impact worth Donald money?

The maths were paying him ~$21m per year and potentially getting a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 or keeping Armstead for ~$17m per year and #13 this year. I'd have preferred getting rid of someone like Thomas but anyone we want to get rid of has little to no trade value.

As all draft pick trades, it all rides on what they do with the draft capital. We're suddenly in a place where Kyle could get his hands on one of the top WRs.

Yeah, I get that, it probably points more towards long term building than going all in in 2020.

They better get this draft right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

Foxtrol wrote:

I think its a win win for both teams. The 3tech position was the second biggest need for the Colts, so were delighted to get an elite player there. SF will still get top dline play next year and the #13 pick will give SF a great asset to improve in whichever area they feel needs a significant upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Desperation signing from Pace. We have 10TEs under contract currently and they are all either injury prone or useless/over the hill.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239698652412760064

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ugh that's a pretty grim signing to add to a very underwhelming TE group.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

That Diggs trade makes what the Texans got look a whole lot worse!

phatkev wrote: »
    That Diggs trade makes what the Texans got look a whole lot worse!

How may teams would give up a first round pick for Hopkins? At least 20 probably.

• Advertisement

As long as this doesn't mean moving on from Ford or Buckner I guess its ok. The problem is that for this contract to be worthwhile he needs to play to 2019 levels consistently. It's not possible for him to out perform that contract really.

Agree though, we need to see the breakdown per year and the guarentess.

Details of the Armstead contract came out. Looks very very team friendly for the first 2 years. No way Buckner was accepting close to that.

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1239695082673942528?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The era of Tom Brady at the New England Patriots is over:
    https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1239895289424642050

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

:(:(

Not sure I can stomach seeing him play for another team. Will be so strange.

The complete rebuild is now on. No Brady, Collins, van noy.

Wow, where will he end up? Chargers or Bucs seem to be the two best suitors? I’d love to see what he could do with Evans and Godwin

All the rumblings during the season were accurate.

I'm surprised by him moving on only by the fact the market seems so underwhelming for him. Unless there is a big surprise, none of the contenders are showing interest in him so he either thinks the Patriots are in a worse way than what is generally thought, something happened between him/Kraft/Bill, or he doesn't care about going to a contender and is just happy to take more money and a new experience.

All the rumblings during the season were accurate.

I'm surprised by him moving on only by the fact the market seems so underwhelming for him. Unless there is a big surprise, none of the contenders are showing interest in him so he either thinks the Patriots are in a worse way than what is generally thought, something happened between him/Kraft/Bill, or he doesn't care about going to a contender and is just happy to take more money and a new experience.

I may not like pats but Brady always seemed the type not to care about money, always played under team friendly deals. I'd say he doesn't want to tarnish his lagacy with patriots and will play out with the bucs

I may not like pats but Brady always seemed the type not to care about money, always played under team friendly deals. I'd say he doesn't want to tarnish his lagacy with patriots and will play out with the bucs

I agree on that perspective on him, which is why moving to the likes of the Bucs is so strange. If he thinks his play is going to go downhill to the point of tarnishing his legacy then he should retire.

The decision doesn't make sense unless one or more of the following is true - he is putting money/new experience above winning, his relationship with Kraft/Bill has broken down, he thinks Bucs/Chargers are in a better position to win in the next 2 years than the Patriots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

Id say Chargers are his most likely destination, as a bridge QB after they draft one. I dont know would he fit in with Arians' air coryell offense. Colts is a fit schematically but I dont think it would happen given the past.

Be very interesting to see where he lands.

Advertisement