Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid19 FPL Implications

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Season will be finished now anyway
    Expect an extra wildcard if if goes on too long .....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Season will be finished now anyway
    Expect an extra wildcard if if goes on too long .....

Alot of people who still have theirs will no doubt be p*****d if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Ill be one of them!

They would have 2 then !
    I am pissed that I had 2FT and a full team for 31 and now that team won’t gain the advantage I had planned for
    And people are getting extra FT

If it restarts on April 4th I’ll have to grin and bear it
    But it won’t
    Looking at may imo
    Will have to give wildcards out

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They would have 2 then !
    I am pissed that I had 2FT and a full team for 31 and now that team won’t gain the advantage I had planned for
    And people are getting extra FT

If it restarts on April 4th I’ll have to grin and bear it
    But it won’t
    Looking at may imo
    Will have to give wildcards out

Yeah, same...not our fault we're losing that advantage.

• Advertisement

Yeah, same...not our fault we're losing that advantage.

Either way some of us will be happy some will not be
    I will go with whatever they decide
    Still think it’s madness they didn’t just “pause “ the game and make whatever comes next gw31 etc

I am looking forward to just enjoying the football next season now tbh
    Need to take a break from Fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Either way some of us will be happy some will not be
    I will go with whatever they decide
    Still think it’s madness they didn’t just “pause “ the game and make whatever comes next gw31 etc

I am looking forward to just enjoying the football next season now tbh
    Need to take a break from Fpl
    Would ya not take a detox from FPL/boards now while we know there’s nothing happen. I reckon we’ll all be mad to go again if it restarts in May or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Would ya not take a detox from FPL/boards now while we know there’s nothing happen. I reckon we’ll all be mad to go again if it restarts in May or whatever

What about all those free transfers he'd miss out on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

There's gonna be a massive GW 38!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

This was always in the pipeline, or did people running FPL believe that we'd be back in early April.

Surely they will now stop this nonsense of the gameweeks continuing on, and if the PL does resume in May or June, start the fixtures from gw30 as they should have originally.

Or are they going to play out 4-5 weeks more of 0-0 draws in h2h leagues? Allow people 1 free transfer a week for 5-6 week's total, and then resume with 2 normal gameweeks and a gameweek 38 that could see the likes of City with 6 fixtures!!!

I think i will stop making transfers now . No point

They've surely got to pause the gameweeks now. Dount they'll bother rolling back 30 but surely extend the 31 deadline until the next round of matches whenever that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You also have to consider whether the platform they are using for FPL is flexible enough to allow for the game to be resolved without requiring a big development release. They might just pull the plug!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah that’s a scandalous way for them to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

I just don't get this. I think we are all aware that there's a chance the PL may not resume at all, and there are more serious issues in life now. All that being said, these decisions they are taking about not pausing the gameweeks have turned the whole game and countless leagues into a complete sh*tshow.

I'm baffled by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

AdMMM wrote: »
    You also have to consider whether the platform they are using for FPL is flexible enough to allow for the game to be resolved without requiring a big development release. They might just pull the plug!

Yeah I'd guess this is the relevant point. However they resolve the game is going to be dependent on how flexible the software is. The degree to which they change it from year to year would indicate to me that it's not very flexible at all and so the possibilities will be limited.

Whatever seems to us to make sense, the foibles of the software will dictate what possible solutions they have. Adding game weeks to the end may be more simple than pausing the season; we just don't know without seeing the code.

Might just delete my team now
    Be easier than the rage I will likely feel by end of season

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Don't you dare mister!!

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »

Entirely possible but you would hope that someone involved with understand the system well enough to be able to adjust the dates! It might not be straightforward but really feels like that must be possible! Having said that a two month gameweek does sound fun lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

McBain11 wrote: »
    I just don't get this. I think we are all aware that there's a chance the PL may not resume at all, and there are more serious issues in life now. All that being said, these decisions they are taking about not pausing the gameweeks have turned the whole game and countless leagues into a complete sh*tshow.

I'm baffled by this.

They should let this GW go ahead as blank, and then stop the game so no one can make changes.

Say for instance your in a LMS or monthly leagues or anything - if games are suspended, what's stopping folk taking hits to get a team in place, especially if they have already used a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I know,
    You know,
    We all know,

You ain't doing that :pac:

I know,
    You know,
    We all know,

You ain't doing that :pac:

If the end of season goes the way it looks like it will then it is the best choice for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I remember an expert, might have been Professor Luke O'Neill, saying he thought the virus would hit peak levels in June, then dip slightly in summer, before coming back again in another wave in winter. If that's how this pans out, and we don't have effective anti-viral drugs in the meantime, I can't see the season finishing until July at the earliest. That would mean a bigger gap than we'd normally get between seasons. Form becomes irrelevant in this scenario.

I'm not going to delete but I am going to disengage. There's no point in making plans now. The game has become like a digit that's been lopped off too long. Even if you stitch it back together it won't function like it did before.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So if they keep going with the rules they are implementing. Gw 38 will just be a massive gw maybe 7 gws for each team but potentially a gw with every single remaining fixture. Some joke if thats true you have no hope if you have already used the BB or TC chip.

So if they keep going with the rules they are implementing. Gw 38 will just be a massive gw maybe 7 gws for each team but potentially a gw with every single remaining fixture. Some joke if thats true you have no hope if you have already used the BB or TC chip.

And have no wildcard
    Still have Free Hit though I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And have no wildcard
    Still have Free Hit though I suppose

I have FH but your still going to be way off those with a BB. They can get 15 players x 9 as opposed to 11 players x 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Cant wait for the GW38 posts: " 234 from 48, 87 to play"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

1000 Points. HEWT

Advertisement