Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

red wine and comfort eating

Options
  • 06-02-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I have an issue with the booze. I drink 1 to 2 bottles of wine most nights. I just love coming home after work and cracking open a bottle of wine with a nice pizza or cheese and crackers or white rolls and Italian food . Its both a bad dirty habit but given the levels I have been drinking there's obviously a dependency . I know I cant keep this up, I live alone and don't have much going on in my life so its a kind of crux for me. Apart from the obvious health implications this issue has me stuck in life.Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

From your other posts you mention you are late 30s. I was doing the same at your age and became a full-blown alcoholic. One bottle of wine a night either out with friends over a meal or drinking myself at home. Then the one became two a night. Then I started day time drinking on occasion which is something I had never done before.

If you can't stop on your own then try an AA meeting. You have nothing to lose and there is no expectation for newcomers to speak if you're not comfortable doing so. Sounds like you could do with more hobbies also and I think you realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Good advice do try to get to meetings but also begin changing your routine. In the evenings have a class you can go to, get out there instead and occupy your mind, meet with like minded people. Pick a hobby or sport you like or challenge yourself with something you’ve always wanted to do but have been putting off.

Advertisement