Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2020

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jose must be a fan of FM20

Icon can be seen on his laptop, bit mad that even real football mangers even use the game

Isn't he rumored to be the secret manager to get to play test.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Just Posted a League of Ireland Restructure to Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073848823&searchtext=

Winter League,
    7 levels,
    14 Divisions
    332 Clubs

Any one play this, would like some feed back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm really enjoying FM20, it's the first game I've played of the series in years. Got it for free via Epic, started a few weeks ago.

First club was Cork City (I always feel that playing in Premier League is like starting on easy), first season went well. We were tipped for a low league position, ended up finishing 3rd, won the Munster Senior League and the EA Sports Cup.

Second season was less good. Had a horrible run in the league and were in 8th when I was unceremoniously fired. The guy they brought in to take over led Cork City from 8th to 9th, but they stayed up after winning the promotion/relegation playoff.

I was unemployed for a bit, but was offered a job with Barry Town in Wales. Tipped to be mid-table, but we won the League and Cup double. I won manager of the year and 3 managers of the month awards.

Following season was the first season with the Europa Conference. I lost in Champions League first qualifier, but got through the Europa Conference qualifiers and made the group stages, against Rangers, Bayer Leverkusen and Qarabag. I got 2 draws (Qarabag and Leverkusen, both away) so was delighted with that. We won the league cup, but our league form was poor. I saw that Dundalk job was open, they had won the league previous season but their manager (John Sheridan) had left to join Sheffield Wednesday. Interviewed and day after we won the league cup I was offered the job.

Now with Dundalk. Started with a €1 million transfer budget, which was nice (my budget with Cork City was €0 and Barry Town has ~£100,000). I have yet to lose a game with Dundalk, we've played 9 and won 7. The board are concerned that we drew 2 games :D

Loads of fun this time around, I'm hoping to get European group stages again (Dundalk were in Europa group stages season before I took over) and then onwards.

Advertisement