Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

So these huge groups of majority young men hop on their little float boats, get picked up by NGOs, get brought to Europe and get resettled across a wide variety of countries.

The burden is then on the tax payer to support their lifestyles while they get bumped to the top of free housing lists, free spending money, all the time in the world to have plenty of kids. All the while I am paying my tax, working hard to save up the necessary money to live somewhere. Somewhere where my neighbour could very well be somebody who just came here and had the house given to them.

They don't get sent home. They can endlessly appeal any rejections to their asylum claims. The vast majority of deportation orders aren't carried out. They don't go to prison unless they do something truly horrible.

What the hell is happening to Ireland? Or Western Europe in general?

Why is there absolutely no sentiment towards defending the social cohesion of our country? Why do I have to work hard and struggle so these people can come here and get everything handed to them? Just because they made it to the middle of the sea and an NGO picked them up?

If this keeps up, there's going to be a total collapse of society. It's reaching absurd numbers in the last 10 years.

It's at the point where the only explanations that actually makes sense are the ones that would be deemed as 'tin foil hat'. What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

When did we become so ****ing soft? Something has to happen, I don't think people realise how quickly this stuff will tear the country apart once it's reached the right number to do so.

Why do we just have to accept that our country is fundamentally changing to its core? In 50 years, it'll be unrecognisable. Why is that an inherently good thing that can't be questioned? I want to live in Ireland with a majority of Irish people. Does that make me so bad? I want us to have a home too. Once Ireland's fundamentally changed, we'll be gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

Help!!!! wrote: »
    The National Party is now ready for the next general election & support is growing daily

Are the NP ready for the next election? Who said that?

Id probably vote for them but i think the "9 Principles" needs changing slightly.

But at least they have the best interests of Ireland and Irish people at heart.

At the end of the day, I will vote selfishly. If NP are the party that are the least likely to have me as a political 'enemy' for whatever reason, then I'll vote for them.

I am not interested in seeing Ireland become a typical European capital with gangs of Africans loitering outside the main train stations, selling trinkets at all tourist attractions and assaulting people at night.

It should never have come to this, so I'll have to vote for an extreme option who will push for a resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Are the NP ready for the next election? Who said that?

Id probably vote for them but i think the "9 Principles" needs changing slightly.

Yep certainly are, been a member for over a year. Membership growing especially among the under 30s. Cumanns being set up all around the country. If you want to get involved go on their website

At the end of the day, I will vote selfishly. If NP are the party that are the least likely to have me as a political 'enemy' for whatever reason, then I'll vote for them.

I am not interested in seeing Ireland become a typical European capital with gangs of Africans loitering outside the main train stations, selling trinkets at all tourist attractions and assaulting people at night.

It should never have come to this, so I'll have to vote for an extreme option who will push for a resolution.

The NP want controlled immigration but want our own people to have a home to come back to.

• Advertisement

Yep certainly are, been a member for over a year. Membership growing especially among the under 30s. Cumanns being set up all around the country. If you want to get involved go on their website

Im a member.

More shenaningans happening in a DP centre.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/direct-provision-cork-4729531-Jul2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

So these huge groups of majority young men hop on their little float boats, get picked up by NGOs, get brought to Europe and get resettled across a wide variety of countries.

The burden is then on the tax payer to support their lifestyles while they get bumped to the top of free housing lists, free spending money, all the time in the world to have plenty of kids. All the while I am paying my tax, working hard to save up the necessary money to live somewhere. Somewhere where my neighbour could very well be somebody who just came here and had the house given to them.

They don't get sent home. They can endlessly appeal any rejections to their asylum claims. The vast majority of deportation orders aren't carried out. They don't go to prison unless they do something truly horrible.

What the hell is happening to Ireland? Or Western Europe in general?

Why is there absolutely no sentiment towards defending the social cohesion of our country? Why do I have to work hard and struggle so these people can come here and get everything handed to them? Just because they made it to the middle of the sea and an NGO picked them up?

If this keeps up, there's going to be a total collapse of society. It's reaching absurd numbers in the last 10 years.

It's at the point where the only explanations that actually makes sense are the ones that would be deemed as 'tin foil hat'. What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

When did we become so ****ing soft? Something has to happen, I don't think people realise how quickly this stuff will tear the country apart once it's reached the right number to do so.

Why do we just have to accept that our country is fundamentally changing to its core? In 50 years, it'll be unrecognisable. Why is that an inherently good thing that can't be questioned? I want to live in Ireland with a majority of Irish people. Does that make me so bad? I want us to have a home too. Once Ireland's fundamentally changed, we'll be gone forever.

Great post, cue the deniers who will come along shortly to tell you that everything you have said is not actually happening and its racist to think it is.

I am a member already.

More shenaningans happening in a DP centre.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/direct-provision-cork-4729531-Jul2019/

there was a segment on RTE where women were saying they were not safe in direct provision because there were dodgy men in there, yet there are some in Ireland who would close the DP & let those men loose on the women in Ireland

there was a segment on RTE where women were saying they were not safe in direct provision because there were dodgy men in there, yet there are some in Ireland who would close the DP & let those men loose on the women in Ireland

Everything else is free, why shouldnt they think the women are too?

Great post, cue the deniers who will come along shortly to tell you that everything you have said is not actually happening and its racist to think it is.

Yeah like theres no African ghettos in Ireland & theres no African gang problems:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The people out there that are calling for this and enabling it are the real enemies of Ireland. I hope the day comes when they are held accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Boggles wrote: »
    That is hardly surprise given Britain's colonial past.

10-15 years shacked up in a modified theme park on 20 quid a week?
    If some is in direct provision for 10-15 years you can be sure they cost us a fortune in having appeal after appeal dismissed and still not deported.
    BTW I keep asking people who criticise DP to suggest where they should be housed unless they are given houses but never get a straight answer.

I think its hilarious that some people think the guards can actually vet prospective asylum seekers in Syria.

Some ex-jihadi who could have been in any number of terrorist organizations is hardly going to volunteer this and with no papers he can say he is anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Yahir Stale Piranha

The people out there that are calling for this and enabling it are the real enemies of Ireland. I hope the day comes when they are held accountable.

One could say that globalists are the enemy of (any) 'nation state' (maybe also religion, traditional values and so on), just by their default particular viewpoint.

If some is in direct provision for 10-15 years you can be sure they cost us a fortune in having appeal after appeal dismissed and still not deported.
    BTW I keep asking people who criticise DP to suggest where they should be housed unless they are given houses but never get a straight answer.

I think its hilarious that some people think the guards can actually vet prospective asylum seekers in Syria.

Some ex-jihadi who could have been in any number of terrorist organizations is hardly going to volunteer this and with no papers he can say he is anyone.

There should be 1 appeal no more
    Solicitors in Dublin are making millions off the system when over 90% of refugees are false

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The National Party is now ready for the next general election & support is growing daily

God Bothering Racists?

Yeah, they'll do well just like Renua.

God Bothering Racists?

Yes we are all racists now:rolleyes:

God Bothering Racists?

As opposed to the open borders alternative.

I'll vote for the ones who have Irish best interests at heart, not the freeloaders who somehow make it to the country and take all they can get.

Anyone responding with faux concerns should've been more in favour of nipping this in the bud early before extremist parties weren't the only option to go to.

Yes we are all racists now:rolleyes:

Do you agree with their "leader" and "manifesto"?

Then yeah, they are also fúcking boring, painfully boring.

How many seats are ye expecting to fill?

As opposed to the open borders alternative.

You want Ireland to leave the EU?

Fúck me.

Then yeah, they are also fúcking boring.

Fúck me.

Yeah keep believing the MSM & being a sheep

Fúck me.

I want Ireland to control its borders. I never brought up the EU.

If being a part of the EU means that as a country we can't control our own borders, then yes I absolutely want to leave.

• Advertisement

Yeah keep believing the MSM & being a sheep

I asked you a very simple question, how many seats do you expect your party to win in the next GE?

How many candidates are ye running?

I mean you are on here shilling the party, surely you can answer 2 very basic questions?

If being a part of the EU means that as a country we can't control our own borders, then yes I absolutely want to leave.

Am, yeah, this isn't new. Free travel and all that. You probably have availed of it yourself.

So Ireland should leave the EU, in your opinion?

Any downsides do you reckon?

I asked you a very simple question, how many seats do you expect your party to win in the next GE?

How many candidates are ye running?

I mean you are on here shilling the party, surely you can answer 2 very basic questions?

I'm not the party leader so your asking the wrong person
    Anyway you think we wont win any so why would you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They had really better sort out the difference between migrant and refugee.

I have no issues supporting refugees but economic migrants need to be sent home.

Am, yeah, this isn't new. Free travel and all that. You probably have availed of it yourself.

So Ireland should leave the EU, in your opinion?

Any downsides do you reckon?

I am against the resettlement/permanent residence of non-European people who are brought to Europe by NGOs or who somehow make their way illegally to Europe, or overstay a tourist/student VISA.

I will no longer replying to you putting words in my mouth so you can structure your 'gotcha!' replies around things I never said. Typical tactic of someone who is trying to move the goalposts.

The National Party arent looking to leave the EU.

I'm not the party leader so your asking the wrong person
    Anyway you think we wont win any so why would you care?

I'm not a member, you are.

Why don't you ask him and report back, they are not very taxing questions TBF.

I am against the resettlement/permanent residence of non-European people who are brought to Europe by NGOs or who somehow make their way illegally to Europe, or overstay a tourist/student VISA.

I will no longer replying to you putting words in my mouth so you can structure your 'gotcha!' replies around things I never said. Typical tactic of someone who is trying to move the goalposts.

You moved the goalposts yourself there Buddy.

But you will be happy to know Ireland does control it's own borders from countries outside the EU.

Crisis over?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Calhoun wrote: »
    They had really better sort out the difference between migrant and refugee.

I have no issues supporting refugees but economic migrants need to be sent home.

But think of the poor farmers who only want cheaper labor

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    But think of the poor farmers who only want cheaper labor

Its slaves they want, where to better to look than the turd world?

Advertisement