Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Anyone looking forward to the rollout of Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV?

Due to launch from tomorrow and have seen a few reviews already for it. Seems to work really really well.

Undoubtedly a good thing to have it more readily available, the CCWGTV is much more user friendly and handy than the CCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I am, if nothing else it will give a HDMI port back. Right now I've the Ultra and the Google TV cast in the same TV which is silly. I can move one to another TV now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You can now play your games on the browser app on mobile . No need to install the Stadia app. Opens up where you can play a little more as it includes Apple now.

What browsers does it work on? Any way to get it to work on a firestick?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    What browsers does it work on?

Both Chrome and Safari. When you log in you now see the play button on games. Hit that, it will say rotate your phone and then starts playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭wassie

Reports around that Stadia is playable on Fire TV & Nvidia Shield via downloading a modified version of the Chromium app.

However its a hack and I doubt Fire TV will ever support it natively given Amazon are rolling out their game streaming service Luna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭timetogo1

radius345 wrote: »
    Anyone looking forward to the rollout of Stadia on Chromecast with Google TV?

Due to launch from tomorrow and have seen a few reviews already for it. Seems to work really really well.

Undoubtedly a good thing to have it more readily available, the CCWGTV is much more user friendly and handy than the CCU.

Popped the app onto mine yesterday. Works great. Once you run the Stadia app the experience is the same as when you were running it on the Ultra. I've a Stadia controller. It paired up very simply with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Popped the app onto mine yesterday. Works great. Once you run the Stadia app the experience is the same as when you were running it on the Ultra. I've a Stadia controller. It paired up very simply with no hassle.

Oh i must try that. I have that build into 2 tvs in the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've Stadia on the main TV via CCU and now via the official app on the Google TV dongle, and it works great on both.
    The previous solution, a side loaded Stadia app and a PS4 controller, was no where near as good.

Only just got around to playing Jedi: Fallen Order after claiming it in May and have to say it looks amazing. Early days with it but looks to be a quality game. Great that it's a Pro game also

Interesting to see what games they will add to Stadia Pro for July.....

EDIT: Scratch that, found the new Pro games here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

They are also running what they are calling a 'mega sale' today. Hopefully some good bargains to be had. Rainbow 6 Siege is also releasing today with cross play with pc and Luna. Be very interesting to see how that plays with regard to input and then putting you with m+kb players

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    They are also running what they are calling a 'mega sale' today. Hopefully some good bargains to be had. Rainbow 6 Siege is also releasing today with cross play with pc and Luna. Be very interesting to see how that plays with regard to input and then putting you with m+kb players

Rainbow 6 is only 15.30 on stadia - And for what its worth you can use a keyboard and mouse on Stadia if you use it through a browser window and not the chromecast - just tried it out there and its as good (if not better) playing it on my gaming pc.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Picked up Judgment for a tenner, good deal. I thought they might have a few more titles in the mega sale but happy enough with what's on offer.

Have definitely noticed a jump in awareness and "buzz' around Stadia over the last few weeks, hopefully a sign of bigger and better things to come on the platform.

I picked up siege ultimate edition for €15 and have to say it runs pretty great. Haven't played in a few years since after launch on PS4 but didn't notice any lag and have held my own against pc players during cross play games. Still has a few links that need to be ironed out but definitely more than acceptable unless maybe you are going super competitive in it. Probably best sticking to pc in that case

Anyone know if stadia will work on a xiaomi tv stick - Android tv 9?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone know if stadia will work on a xiaomi tv stick - Android tv 9?

https://www.androidcentral.com/every-android-tv-supports-stadia

This should help!

New offer for Stadia Controller and CCWGTV Bundle on the Google Store.

Very decent saving of €40 when buying both together.

Might be of interest to people looking to get a streaming stick and access to Stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I like that you can choose the controller colour instead of having to go with the white.

They have also (again) dropped the Premier Edition to £69.99/€79.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody using Stadia for FIFA? XBOX one has finally given up on me and can't justify a new console for just FIFA. I have Vodafone broadband and usually failry stable over WIFI at about 60 download. Is there an ethernet port on the Chromcast with Google TV

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭timetogo1

The Ethernet port is an add on

https://store.google.com/ie/product/chromecast_ethernet_adapter_gen_2?hl=en-GB 

I have Vodafone broadband too. Not a bother with stadia on it over wi-fi for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Kerry_2008

I am using fifa on the stadia. Works great. Never any issues.

• Advertisement

If you get a Chromecast ultra package with controller the power brick has a ethernet port on it. Although I'm not sure if that is still being sold in favour of the new Google TV bundle.

Don't buy a Chromecast ultra in this day and age

I'd go with the Chromecast with Google TV bundle. I've both and the with Google TV is much better. Works fine over wi-fi too.

Thanks all. Yeah I think I'll pull the trigger on the Google TV version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also, the chromecast ultra has ethernet, but it's only 100mb/s. I get faster over WiFi, and it seems pretty consistent.. Oh and the chromecast with Google TV is a very good TV box too...

Went for it and I am presently surprised. It works perfectly. The Chromecast with Google TV is a great job too. Managed to sideload the game pass app and it works OK too so for 1 euro I get three months of that.

I think the UBISOFT + subscription will be well worth the money too provided they keep adding games.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Hi, just wondering how much to you've played game pass and the level of glitches etc you've experienced?

I had the 3 months thing earlier in the year, loved the range of games on it but didn't renew it because I found it so buggy. That was back in March though so maybe it's improved

I've found zero issues with game pass as long as I'm on the 5G WiFi. But the router doesn't let me choose. So some times I've strayed too far and my phone connected to the 2.4 and was stuttering. But forgetting and connecting again sorted it.

I've paid 1 Euro for 3 months. I played PES which ran good, FORZA horizon was very good too. A little leggy now and then but very playable. The bugs I am getting is the app is built for touch so sometimes navigation in app is bad.

I am assuming an official release for game pass is coming to the chromecast if it does, game pass and Ubisoft Pro subscriptions will be very good.

• Advertisement

What's your ISP. Most routers have the option to separate the 5ghz and 2.4

Advertisement