Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the players gone?!

• 16-02-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

I love poker. NLHE to be exact. I'm playing for years and years although I don't get the chance to play as much anymore. Real life can be a pain! Anyway, I did a search on boards to see if there were any recent threads but they all seems to be dead.
    Just wondering is poker dying? Or is there still a healthy scene in Ireland. I very seldom get to play live now so its mostly online. Nothing quite like live poker though! Missed those big tournaments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

There was a big drama a few years back over a prank. Basically shut the forum down and everyone moved over to Irish Poker Boards. LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's definitely not like it was a few years ago. Before the move the forum here was really busy and there was poker.ie that had a bit going on too. Only site I would use now would be 2p2 quite a few Irish on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

jimmii wrote: »
    It's definitely not like it was a few years ago. Before the move the forum here was really busy and there was poker.ie that had a bit going on too. Only site I would use now would be 2p2 quite a few Irish on there.
    2P2 looks like a bit of an abortion of a website. It's not great on mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Blacktie. wrote: »
    There was a big drama a few years back over a prank. Basically shut the forum down and everyone moved over to Irish Poker Boards. LINK

What was the prank, or are you allowed give even a short version or the bare basic details of it?

Play a small bit of poker myself, and often wondered why the poker forum here is so dead compared to most of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

2P2 looks like a bit of an abortion of a website. It's not great on mobile.

Ha yeah it's pretty retro alright! You must have heard of it before though yeah? The best of the best use it so you can get some interesting insights. I find the high stakes hh discussion pretty interesting at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

jimmii wrote: »
    Ha yeah it's pretty retro alright! You must have heard of it before though yeah? The best of the best use it so you can get some interesting insights. I find the high stakes hh discussion pretty interesting at times.

Retro is one word for it!!! I'll give it a go again because i love listening to podcasts where hand histories and strategy are discussed.

Advertisement