Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notre Dame Vs Navy 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had a look through my emails for prior year prices:
    2012 - ND/Navy - Lower Sideline, €55 each
    2013 - Penn/UCF - Lower Endzone, €44 each
    2015 - BC/Georgia - Lower Endzone, €50 each

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Did anybody get their presale code yet?? I’ve signed up but so far nothing. Very eager to get two of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The email said presale codes will issue 30 minutes before the presale starts.

The email said presale codes will issue 30 minutes before the presale starts.

Doh!

Got mine so happy with that. Took a few tries. All I was getting was premium ones at €585 a pop but eventually I got one of the €80 ones.

• Advertisement

Got mine too, went for the €80 ones as I couldn’t get any decent €50/60 ones.

Hopefully it goes ahead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ticketmaster site is awful, had good seats selected with the seat picker, couldn't progress and refreshed and now the seat picker is gone. Useless.

Ended up going with the 60quid ones, second row, top tier, behind the posts... Worst case it'll be a refund/reschedule job if the plague is still here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Went with the €60 option too. Upper level row E, kind of in the corner behind one of the endzones.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Went with the €60 option too. Upper level row E, kind of in the corner behind one of the endzones.

Yeah, I'm in the corner too. Lower level though. I just said yes to the first seat I got at a reasonable price and it was only after I checked out that I saw where it was. No to worry though, corner better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

hots wrote: »
    Ended up going with the 60quid ones, second row, top tier, behind the posts... Worst case it'll be a refund/reschedule job if the plague is still here.

I think I had those ones, 515 row B? But it crashed on my phone and gone when I went back in to buy them.☹️
    Ended up getting higher row up in row beside them.

Bit °°°°ed off with ticketmaster though.
    When you put in a range and it "doesn't" have them it just goes to "suggested tickets".
    It used to say "no tickets available but", now it just goes straight to higher priced tickets with no warning!
    Nearly paid €1,120 for 4 tickets.
    Then when you try again, surprise surprise there's tickets in your price range available.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

IF you see better tickets online when the general sale happens email them and they should swap them out for you.

There is also this:

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee
    We now have a fan guarantee for our customers, where we can offer a 24-hour cooling off period. This means you can cancel and refund, or exchange your order if you change your mind within 24 hours of booking with us.

To claim a refund, the cardholder just needs to click contact us via the Fan Guarantee form here

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I think I had those ones, 115 row B? But it crashed on my phone and gone when I went back in to buy them.☹️
    Ended up getting higher row up in row beside them.

Bit °°°°ed off with ticketmaster though.
    When you put in a range and it "doesn't" have them it just goes to "suggested tickets".
    It used to say "no tickets available but", now it just goes straight to higher priced tickets with no warning!
    Nearly paid €1,120 for 4 tickets.
    Then when you try again, surprise surprise there's tickets in your price range available.

515 (top tier) row B yeah, should be decent still but I was initially trying for behind the posts in the short stand. The website is rubbish and I doubt it's under a massive strain today or anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

515 (top tier) row B yeah, should be decent still but I was initially trying for behind the posts in the short stand. The website is rubbish and I doubt it's under a massive strain today or anything special.
    You got far better seats IMO. The small stand is horrible to watch a game from, front few rows of upper tier are the best seats in the house (value wise at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There will be loads of tickets for this released in the coming months on Ticketmaster,the promoter is trying to artificially create demand.
    Alot of Americans wont want to travel with the Corona Virus and the tickets are too expensive anyway .
    285 euro for the Premium level is just ludicrous.

The last time the small stand was reserved for the Navy cadets. Might be the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I’ll be looking for a ticket for this the day before/of now. Pretty sure there’ll be tickets available

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Seems to be telling me cheapest tickets are 195 quid?!

Is this right or am I going mental?

The cheaper ones from the pre sale are likely sold out. There should be more tickets released on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

What time tomorrow are they on sale. Ticketmaster site just says “Friday”

• Advertisement

Presume 12pm same time as the pre sales.

Have to laugh at this.
    Ticket limit of 12 per person
    , per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled

Thought the tickets for the pre sale were bad......until I saw what they had today in the general sale. :(
    Unless you were prepared to pay big money, all the lower priced tickets on sale were restricted view.
    The only decent ones they had were Premium 323 Row N Restricted view at €50 each which was 1st offer I got.
    Saw the restricted view tickets, clicked on search again and as it was disappearing that's when I saw 323 :eek: Big mistake.
    I'll stick with the ones I got.
    Let's hope it goes ahead.

are there even restricted view seats in the Aviva? I can't imagine where they would be, especially at premium level?

are there even restricted view seats in the Aviva? I can't imagine where they would be, especially at premium level?

I'd imagine its the rows close to the bottom where you might have a hundred tall men with gold helmets in front of you. I presume the first few rows at the very bottom will be cordoned off but maybe the first one available is hit and miss as to whether your view will be partially blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There are restricted views in the upper tiers in the corners where the roof comes down and partially blocks the view.

The front row in parts of the lower stand is also restricted view as its almost below pitch level.

For American Football ,there are lots of extra bodies on the non playing area of the pitch though ,the players ,backup staff ,management,cheerleaders ,camera men ,etc so your view in the lower seats could be partially restricted.

I bought seats for a match last year at Wembley ,right on the half way line ,first few rows of the upper ,they were sold as possibly restricted view for £50 but they were perfect seats .

TV cameras but I should have bought them as you can stand behind the glass and watch from there in the premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

FYI....seems to be a lot more sideline / endzone tickets showing up now than there was earlier

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm just going to try stubhub closer to the date, I'm hoping Americans will pull out of any trips last minute and sell for less than face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm just going to try stubhub closer to the date, I'm hoping Americans will pull out of any trips last minute and sell for less than face value.

My strategy also. From previous experience, Americans don't travel during a crises. The keep the money in the country. This will most likely not be a fully attended event

• Advertisement

Looking at ticketmaster site, seems to very few tickets left now but Aug is a long way away.
    Also bear in mind, not just Americans from USA going but there will be a good few Navy guys who are posted in Europe who will go.
    Last time there were a lot of guys who came over from Germany to go to it.

Advertisement