Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Vaati is after putting a translation video together for anyone interested. I'm surprised there isn't more hype about this game. Definitely the one I'm most excited for. The combat looks mental. I'm worried I might not have fast enough reflexes for it.

After watching the second trailer my hype level increased significantly. But it doesn't feel like the type of game you can discuss pre launch unless there is a slew of info over the weeks/months leading to release.

Having said that, this trailer is the last peice of media I'll watch on the game as I don't want even the slightest spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

They certainly did spoil a lot in that trailer. So many epic bosses (presume that old lady on the wires is a boss). I'm going to try do the same and avoid any further trailers that might be shown if I can. I've never been around for the launch of a fromsoft game before so didn't experience any hype with the Souls series or Bloodborne. I really hope my old man reflexes can cope with the enemy aggression in this as it looks insanely fast.

I'm so weak. Huge spoilers here. Corrupted monk boss fight from TGS.

I can definitely see myself struggling with this more than Souls or Bloodborne. Can't wait to die a lot again.

My hype for this game just keeps growing. Looks amazing.

Game Informer doing a feature throughout the month. Spoiler heavy video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This one was kinda under the radar for me but my interest is growing. Finished all the dark souls/lords of the fallen and the surge games.

This one looks right up my street.

• Advertisement

I've been very hyped since it was announced officially in June. Hype increases with each video released. Really need to stop watching as I'm spoiling a lot of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I have still only watched the trailer to the game, avoiding any other footage as its only gonna take away from the experience.

Managed to bag myself a PS4 collectors edition on amazon, I'm a sucker for "From software" games :pac:

You have more restraint than me nix. How much did you pay for the collectors edition? I contemplated getting it but just went for standard in the end. It's still on Gamestop for €120!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You have more restraint than me nix. How much did you pay for the collectors edition? I contemplated getting it but just went for standard in the end. It's still on Gamestop for €120!

haha, just remind yourself you're ruining your experience :P

One trailer and then no more! Thats my rule. :pac:

And eh i got it for £102, which works out at about €113, i havent been billed yet, they dont do that until its shipping. I'll hopefully catch a box opening review of it on youtube before release, if the quality looks crappy, i'll likely cancel it and just get the standard game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Lots of previews hit the web yesterday after certain press and Souls streamers got to play the first 3 hours of the game.
    Looking good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looking great. Will pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lots of previews hit the web yesterday after certain press and Souls streamers got to play the first 3 hours of the game.
    Looking good to me.

https://youtu.be/ZkUNLxeXaPY

Vaati is the guy to watch regards Souls games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not gonna watch, but i skipped to the end of the Vaati video and he said the skill floor is much higher in this game compared to Souls games. In that you can't summon or grind out souls to make the game easier for yourself. Dunno what he said about the skill ceiling as i knocked it off after that.

Not gonna watch, but i skipped to the end of the Vaati video and he said the skill floor is much higher in this game compared to Souls games. In that you can't summon or grind out souls to make the game easier for yourself. Dunno what he said about the skill ceiling as i knocked it off after that.

Ya, there is no multiplayer as far as i can tell. You can even pause the game!

He had an NPC help him on a boss, and he said you can grind "souls" to improve your abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really like the split path idea. And i like how Vaati was saying that its harder than souls games and you NEED to parry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Where's cheapest to pre-order? TIA

sweetie wrote: »

£49 on Amazon but €60 in Smyths.
    Cant guarantee to have it on launch day with Amazon so Smyths is what I'm going with.

EDIT: €55 in Smyths if you pickup your preorder from a store.

EDIT: €55 in Smyths if you pickup your preorder from a store.

That's a no brainer, cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to pre-order the **** out of this tonight on PC since it's sounding like it will live up to the hype. I just hope it's not one of those stupid timed locked games where you have to wait for the americans to wake up to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sweetie wrote: »

You can get it for 20 in Gamestop with a trade in.
    Detroit Become Human sticks out like a sore thumb as it was cheap around Christmas

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Just saw on the Sekiro subreddit that the PS Pro will have the option of 1080 & 60fps. Nioh has the same option and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll be picking it up on PC too, it's looks fantastic

Disappointed its only single player as the co-op was my favourite part of the Souls games but stealth more than makes up for it

I'll be picking it up on PC too, it's looks fantastic

Disappointed its only single player as the co-op was my favourite part of the Souls games but stealth more than makes up for it

Have we been given any details regarding console/PC yet? I'm between getting it on the X or PC.

ERG89 wrote: »
    You can get it for 20 in Gamestop with a trade in.
    Detroit Become Human sticks out like a sore thumb as it was cheap around Christmas

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Sweet, managed to bag a copy at €20 on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have we been given any details regarding console/PC yet? I'm between getting it on the X or PC.

Bar the comment above saying the PS4 Pro has 1080p60 I haven't seen any, only have the PC myself at the minute anyways so its an easy decision

Only €54 on GMG too, did anything come regards the controversy between them and selling dodge keys?

*edit* Apparently just CDPR kicking up a fuss, decent

If it's going to be 60fps & 1080 on the Pro, it should be at least that on the X.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TitianGerm wrote: »

It's probably using an enhanced version of the Dark Souls 3 engine which (eventually) ran really well on PC.

Rather get it on PC as From games usually have frame pacing issues on consoles you can power past or patch on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

If it's going to be 60fps & 1080 on the Pro, it should be at least that on the X.

Is that confirmed? I'd prefer to get it on the Pro than PC here.

• Advertisement

Woden wrote: »
    Is that confirmed? I'd prefer to get it on the Pro than PC here.

This is where i got the info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/ayb5vn/confirmed_1080p60fps_on_ps4_pro/

Advertisement