Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"BMW First"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Oil change twice a year? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Wailin wrote: »
    Oil change twice a year? Why?

I change every 7-10k miles at most, from what I read and hear its worth doing versus the long intervals recommended by BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You'll knock that habit in the head when you see the price a main dealer charges to replace it on a 3.0 litre engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

bazz26 wrote: »
    You'll knock that habit in the head when you see the price a main dealer charges to replace it on a 3.0 litre engine.

I'm guessing he's been doing that already so he's not too worried about the cost.

€195 previously so €156 now with 20% off with this BMW First thing.

Was charged €200 from a BMW Indie in Dublin, and about same for one in Kildare.

• Advertisement

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I'm guessing he's been doing that already so he's not too worried about the cost.

According to the OP he recently changed car though and a 3.0 litre needs more oil than his previous 2.0 litre.

According to the OP he recently changed car though and a 3.0 litre needs more oil than his previous 2.0 litre.

Sorry no, didnt change car. Just making a comparison with a 520 in that I use quite a bit of diesel so 5c off per litre should nearly pay for €9.90 sub fee per month by itself.

Sorry no, didnt change car. Just making a comparison with a 520 in that I use quite a bit of diesel so 5c off per litre should nearly pay for €9.90 sub fee per month by itself.

Oh right, I thought you had changed cars. I have signed up to BMW First myself and it's good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Got an offer of €9.90 per month with first month free for the usually priced €16.90 package so took it up. Its worth it at that price I think.

Given I change the oil twice a year and the 5c saving on diesel (on my 3 litre car so not as fuel efficient as say 520) and assume I can buy petrol for wifes car (?), and 1 set of wipers per year I think I will be save overall.

How did you get the 9.90 price from 16.90?

BrookieD wrote: »
    How did you get the 9.90 price from 16.90?

Got an offer from BMW Ireland as a "BMW Club Member". I don't remember how I got in that club to be honest. Must have been added to it when I bought the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

You'd know the celtic tiger was back.

terrydel wrote: »
    You'd know the celtic tiger was back.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Free? How is it free if I am paying for it?

Get your car cleaned for free for 50 euro a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Free? How is it free if I am paying for it?

Get your car cleaned for free for 50 euro a month...

Where did you get 50€ a month from. It’s 5€ a month for the basic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Got an offer from BMW Ireland as a "BMW Club Member". I don't remember how I got in that club to be honest. Must have been added to it when I bought the car.

I’m a member but didn’t get that offer. :(

heroics wrote: »
    I’m a member but didn’t get that offer. :(

Might be worth ringing up and asking about getting the same offer, if you wanted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Why?

Because this kind of discretionary purchase wouldnt even be offered unless people were back spending on unnecessary ****e.

terrydel wrote: »
    Because this kind of discretionary purchase wouldnt even be offered unless people were back spending on unnecessary ****e.

Well based on my calculations I will have a net saving about €260 over a year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm a member of BMW First, my car is still under warranty so the whole service/parts thing doesn't apply to me but as a lazy git I find it great that I get my car washed inside and out, wipers changed, fluids topped up and a decent cup of coffee once a month for a relatively small sum. I already have a fuel card from work so the fuel card doesn't apply to me but I get ~50 litres every week so every month I'd be saving ~€10 with that, throw in the extra free car wash worth €12 I think it's a great service, personally I get the car "valetted" at the start of the month and get the external wash 2 weeks later.

The wipers are a great perk as well by the way, I'd be awful for replacing them but now I just mention that the blades are a bit streakey on booking in the car and they replace them, last time I paid for wipers they were GB£22.10 (~€27) and €3.95 for parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

What kind of wash is the mini valet? I see it's TOPAZ for exterior wash but those machines destroy your paintwork. Do they wash the exterior in the valet too - is it one of those machines or hand washed or what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Elessar wrote: »
    What kind of wash is the mini valet? I see it's TOPAZ for exterior wash but those machines destroy your paintwork. Do they wash the exterior in the valet too - is it one of those machines or hand washed or what?

I'd much prefer an automatic car wash over some guy with a scraper and a messy sponge.

The mini valet is the same as you get with the service, power wash, bit of suds, wheels cleaned, inside vacuumed and polished. they usually do a good job on the leather seats, last time I had it done dye from my jeans discoloured the cream leather but they cleaned all that up. For me having 2 small kids in the car every day makes the cleaning a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Chat earlier about service cost. I got an oil, filter, vechicle check and new wipers last month for €130 through this. Was quoted €165 then mentioned the 20% discount. That’s also on a 3.0d. Girl said there’s no difference in service cost as I thought there would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I change every 7-10k miles at most, from what I read and hear its worth doing versus the long intervals recommended by BMW.

30k is a long interval , 15 is a regular, 7 is a pi55 take.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Chat earlier about service cost. I got an oil, filter, vechicle check and new wipers last month for €130 through this. Was quoted €165 then mentioned the 20% discount. That’s also on a 3.0d. Girl said there’s no difference in service cost as I thought there would be.

I have a quote here from my local dealer on my 5er with the same engine and they want €414 for an oil service + microfilter. They are charging €130 for the microfilter alone and the total price excludes the 20% discount. Even on BMWservice.ie a basic oil service for my car is €259 excluding the 20% discount so you got a good deal there or they made a mistake as I cannot imagine there being any extra involved in this between a 3er and 5er with the same engine.

Yeah I agree. I got the price down then mentioned the discount. No microfilter or air filter in that price. Did those myself. Very straightforward, esp the air filter in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Anyone else having problems with the free wash? I had two barcodes that I didn't use. But when I went to avail of the carwash the person at the till said it was used. Tried other Circle K still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

vintagevrs wrote: »

What dealer was this? How did it cost only €130?
    My 530 is due a service, and I like the lower price :D

Sligo. I asked for them not to change the air and cabin filter, so just oil and oil filter plus car check. Think that was 165. Then 20% off that when I mention BMW first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Three months free - Be quick!

"To help celebrate the autumnal festivities, we’re offering our customers a special 3 month free trial of the BMW FIRST subscription.
    Just enter the coupon code “HALLOWEEN2018” at checkout. Subscribe below to get yours - offer ends today Halloween October 31st"

https://www.bmw-first.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Three months free - Be quick!

"To help celebrate the autumnal festivities, we’re offering our customers a special 3 month free trial of the BMW FIRST subscription.
    Just enter the coupon code “HALLOWEEN2018” at checkout. Subscribe below to get yours - offer ends today Halloween October 31st"

https://www.bmw-first.ie

Thanks a million - been thinking on this for a while as got a 12d 520 a few months back and that will do nicely

Advertisement