Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

• 14-01-2016 11:37am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A new one will need to be created probably once it gets to 10K posts, so sensible to do it now.

Go Brady :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

The force awakens...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't believe that there is so much about this Chandler Jones story going around without a shred of evidence. Meanwhile Al Jeezera shutting down their TV channel is being brought forward as vindication for Peyton Manning.

Nowhere has anybody shown that the Al Jeezera documentary is false but the mediots, ESPN in particular, are trying to make you believe that. Meanwhile Jones has a major drug problem despite the fact that there is no proof of that and he has played football to a high level all season bare one game.

It pretty much points out that the Patriots are hated by the media while Peyton is their love child.

I'm not looking for a witch hunt over Peyton, just pointing out that the facts are being distorted ridiculously in both cases by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

a.jpgNice scene at Foxboro right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Shred of evidence? There is a recording of the Cops dispatch saying they found a Class D substance on the counter tops in the house. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together that Jones was on this Class D substance which was proven to be Synthetic Weed. He showed all the symptoms of it. Sure he is innocent until proven guilty but hardly needs huge detective work.

If Jones was on drugs he is an idiot at best and should cop the fook on. You are in the playoffs and you are going to dabble with drugs the week before. If the story is proven and it is true he did, he joins the ranks of idiots around the league.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Nice scene at Foxboro right now

That's not right now. That was Tuesday when it snowed in the evening. Besides its 10am here :D That will be mostly cleared up by now. Few little flurries between now and then and then freezing storm rain Saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

JCTO wrote: »
    Shred of evidence? There is a recording of the Cops dispatch saying they found a Class D substance on the counter tops in the house. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together that Jones was on this Class D substance which was proven to be Synthetic Weed. He showed all the symptoms of it. Sure he is innocent until proven guilty but hardly needs huge detective work.

If Jones was on drugs he is an idiot at best and should cop the fook on. You are in the playoffs and you are going to dabble with drugs the week before. If the story is proven and it is true he did, he joins the ranks of idiots around the league.

absolutely. The facts are Jones presented himself to police showing signs of distress and was administered to a hospital. The recordings noted a class D drug in his sitting room. In most cases, this is a nothing incident. For a pro bowl player the bye week of the playoffs, I'm surprised it is not getting more attention to be honest. The drug and the incident on the NFL scale is nothing and might get a slap on the wrist, or be made enter the recreational substance abuse program at worst. The team effect might be worse. This will certainly affect his contract next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

New Patriots thread so thought it might be worth while re posting 2 of the defining plays in recent Pats history :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:D

HigginsJ wrote: »
    New Patriots thread so thought it might be worth while re posting 2 of the defining plays in recent Pats history :D

Oh hell no I pushed that mod button multiple times :D Still cry watching those plays.

Gronk has lost his leg, won't play again, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Starting to get the jitters now about tomorrow night.

Surprised that a lot of people are calling the Patriots clear favourites :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

ESPN doing ESPN things: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/cris-carter-speculates-chandler-jones-smoked-pcp/
    Carter began his statement by admitting he doesn’t know the facts then this:

"I think he was smoking marijuana, and I think he was smoking some marijuana laced with PCP, or angel dust."

Jesus Fn Christ, what a joke, this is modern day sports journalism at its finest.

Also whats crazy is that, ESPN is willing to go completely overboard and wildly speculate on this story and other stories around the league without fear but they won't even acknowledged the Manning HGH story...

Very Quiet around here...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Vanolder wrote: »

must be the nerves :pac:

Vanolder wrote:

must be the nerves

Sitting on the crapper as we speak haha
    Miserable weather outside right now makes for a wet tailgate. Heading to game in next 2 hours. Handy living close to stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Shades of 2013, injured Gronk ineffective in the playoffs, limping to defeat in Mile High :(

Weird thing about Gronk is that there were conflicting reports about the injection. Something inside me says he will be fine today.

Hope so, want to see him busting out some seam routes. Tired of him playing as a blocker all game.

I was positive until I read this:

FOXBORO -- It remains a mystery as to how Rob Gronkowski went from not being listed on the injury report for the final two weeks of the regular season to being in enough disrepair after the bye week to be listed as questionable.

But Gronk’s knee, I have been reliably told, is not his biggest issue entering this Divisional Playoff game against Kansas City.

Gronk is listed on the injury report with both knee and back problems. Process of elimination leads one to deduce that his back trumps his knee.

Gronkowski suffered a bone bruise to his knee in late November and ESPN reported this week that he received treatment -- including an injection -- at a local hospital on Thursday.

Gronkowski did not meet with the media this week, although last week he was available to reporters. He was held out of Tuesday’s full-pad practice and was limited in the other workouts.

Gronkowski’s dealt with back issues since college. He entered the NFL Draft in 2010 after back surgery caused him to miss all of his sophomore season. Gronkowski explained that the badly ruptured disk he suffered while training at Arizona forced him to make a hard financial decision -- retire from football and collect a $4 million insurance policy taken out on him or enter the NFL and try to maximize earnings at the highest level.

Gronkowski also had back surgery in the summer of 2013 while he was recovering from his broken (and re-broken) arm.

The condition of Gronk is the bellwether for Patriots playoff success. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, he was ailing and in each season-ending loss (Super Bowl and a pair of AFC Championships) his absence of ineffectiveness was a major factor. Last season, Gronk was healthy and New England won its first championship in 10 seasons.

Seems his back is always going to be an issue and of course we know that because he had surgery in 2013 but it could mean seeing less and less of Gronk until he gets to the point it is just too much and retiring is his only option.

JCTO wrote: »
    I was positive until I read this:

Seems his back is always going to be an issue and of course we know that because he had surgery in 2013 but it could mean seeing less and less of Gronk until he gets to the point it is just too much and retiring is his only option.

That'll be pretty tragic. They can always go for his brother as a replacement...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Hazys wrote: »
    ESPN doing ESPN things: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/cris-carter-speculates-chandler-jones-smoked-pcp/

Jesus Fn Christ, what a joke, this is modern day sports journalism at its finest.

Also whats crazy is that, ESPN is willing to go completely overboard and wildly speculate on this story and other stories around the league without fear but they won't even acknowledged the Manning HGH story...

They don't care about the Manning story becuase it's an Al-Jazeera story. It's a bit sad but true. I think if any other US network broke the story it would have gotten a lot more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Good luck tonight Pats I'm hoping for a Brady Manning AFC championship slightly more than I'm hoping for Andy Reid to get back to the championship game. Should be a good match tonight. 30mins til kickoff!

Incredible start oline doing its job and the atmosphere is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

If the O line has finally turned up, I'm confident this will end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

O line doing well and Brady punishing blitzes is keeping them back a bit, hopefully the Chiefs keep playing zone as it has allowed some long time consuming drives which could be very important down the stretch.

Negatives are that the D is allowing the ball to be moved pretty easily really, but it seems to be a bend don't break which Bill does like. McCourty is again coasting I feel, which he has done all year.

Great to see big Seb out there and hope Stork isn't too badly banged up. Tough second half ahead but all in all a pretty great first half

See ya on the other side gents

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well that was a great improvement on last few weeks. Edelman and Gronk have another week to get back right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Collins and Jones didn't finish the game though. It's not easy......

Mayo too, although have the extra day to recover than the next opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Quick throws to Edelman helped the OL out big time.
    Even with those early drops, he came back strong, and Brady is less than 2 secs releasing the ball.

Love the way Brady takes those hits when he almost got in, and then the QB sneak. It's playoff football. It's body on the line stuff. Win, or go home. Setting the standard by walking the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Great to be in another AFC championship game, delighted with some of the performances out there.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think we're keeping our best for next week. Especially with white. Another week for Edelman and gronkowski to get 100%. Hoping our LB's are ok. Expecting a lot of blitzing next week. To put presure on a failing peyton or banged up Big Ben.

If it's Denver next an early double gap sack and manning will be seeing ghosts all game.

Advertisement