Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

just do it wrote: »
    Looking good. What's the grazing plan with it?

land would be fairly poor so don't expect a massive crop but there is 25 acres of it so will have to round up a good few beasts for it

not relying on it for feed either as have feed left over from last year as well as this years crop so have 3 times more fodder than I need but I might try and up the numbers of stock on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ABlur

Pervy radish from my garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Meat and two veg!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

ABlur wrote: »
    I dunno who's more messed up, you or the radish!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Muckit wrote: »
    Meat and two veg!! :D

I saw something else which means I'm probably more perverted! Freud would have a field day, pardon the pun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

ABlur wrote: »

Belgian blue radish !!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Strip wires. Heavy covers

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

This fella decided to enter this world with his best assets first, at 3am, needless to say I had to wake my vet for assistance.

2 1/2 year old SH/CH cross heifer, thank God she was quiet......

DSC_0021_zps70fe3c88.jpg

AA sire, thankfully he has waited to fully develop once he hit terra firma:)

DSC_0024_zps01689ceb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Did the vet give him any shot to straighten his knees out Justjens? Would be no harm to help him along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Whats your next cover .1800 here . Gonna finish a walk now and see how we stand . Should be max cover now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Fire lighting for the winter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Fire lighting for the winter ;)

Love the heat from fires like that

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Did the vet give him any shot to straighten his knees out Justjens? Would be no harm to help him along.

Couldn't see how bow-legged he was when he landed, only saw that when I turned him out.

I've had a lot worse when I used CH bulls, to the point they were not able to straighten their legs enough to get their feet under them, and I never injected them, so reckon this guy will soon come right. Let nature take it's course, a few days will tell a lot and it doesn't impede him much.

Good stuff!

I wonder if she's a sister of our heifer! Only for the butt of a horn I'd be asking if you'd stolen her:D
    8LYpUQHl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

ganmo wrote: »
    Love the heat from fires like that

Lovely smell too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

A few weanlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Lovely smell too

Now your talking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

A few weanlings.

Looks like your eye for replacements is paying dividends. Any of those out of heifers you've put pictures up over the last few years

just do it wrote: »
    Looks like your eye for replacements is paying dividends. Any of those out of heifers you've put pictures up over the last few years

The 2 reds are out of 2 lim x sim springers alright. Nice to see an improvement in them but it's a slow process. Another 3 or 4 years should get me to where I want though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Whats your next cover .1800 here . Gonna finish a walk now and see how we stand . Should be max cover now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

C'mon what's keeping you?

322440.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Where's the strip wire?? Or heavy covers for that matter. Would heavy not be up to their hocks? I can see their claws! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

.Kovu. wrote: »

what injection helps to straighten knees had one here last year worse than that tried everything vet put him down after three weeks said getting too heavy to straighten legs ,tried stretching and supports but ..

sandydan wrote: »
    what injection helps to straighten knees had one here last year worse than that tried everything vet put him down after three weeks said getting too heavy to straighten legs ,tried stretching and supports but ..

Contracted tendons?
    Can't say for certain if it was the injections or time that fixed ours but any calves like that we always give them a Vit E/Selenium shot. No harm to them at all in either case but it's what we used one year when we had half our calves appear with 'knuckled' fetlocks in front. Put it down to the lick buckets not being used and switched to a vit/mineral powder over the silage OAD.
    Haven't seen any with it since anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Cottage Devon bull calf that had mange
    photo_zps25b7fa64.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Tb test today so gathered up the cattle

Suck calf I bought to suck cow ... She big animal now .. Calving at Xmas to my own lim

I sold other heifers and at least 6 lads have called to house to see if Hereford was for sale, boys love a red white head ! Her calves again should be nice milky heifers and in the meantime she will have yellow whiteheads favoured over ****ty slate grey from a black whitehead

photo_zpsdc7965f2.jpg

Bodacious wrote: »
    Tb test today so gathered up the cattle

Suck calf I bought to suck cow ... She big animal now .. Calving at Xmas to my own lim

I sold other heifers and at least 6 lads have called to house to see if Hereford was for sale, boys love a red white head ! Her calves again should be nice milky heifers and in the meantime she will have yellow whiteheads favoured over ****ty slate grey from a black whitehead

photo_zpsdc7965f2.jpg

Have a soft spot for a red whitehead myself bod but it's hard to pick up a good one now! Old fellow used to have a load of them when I was a young fellow and he had a sim bull with them. Their progeny made mighty cows for a Charolais bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

tfjHwh.jpg
    Better than milking cows

Lads we need someone to rescue Greengrass, he's drinking Closamectin:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

DEP heifer incalf to KOY

2D9F12E5-8B3B-4109-B41F-AF0A1C145280_zpskb3h1qyf.jpg

MBU heifer incalf to LSX

2632779E-5BD4-4FE7-BD30-B87AE5B0CF62_zps2binow4g.jpg

Advertisement