Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

• 02-09-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Apologies if there is already a thread on this topic, I searched and couldn't find one so I decided it's about time one was started seeing as the Hawks are one of the Super Bowl favourites. Any other Seahawks fans on here?

Just seen that our 4th round draft pick, Chris Harper out of Kansas State, who was waived and signed to the practice squad, got signed by the 49'ers. Disappointing, as I was hoping he could really develop on the P squad. Good bit of business by the 9'ers, as they needed WR depth and he has big potential. 6'1", 234 lbs, could develop into a real red zone threat. Matt Miller described him on twitter as 'Anquan Boldin lite'.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hawks have real potential to blow everyone out of the water this year.

obligatory mention: going to see the Titans @ Seahawks in October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

With Russell Wilson as my dynasty QB I'll be paying close attention to the Seahawk's season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Think its safe to say they answered any critics/doubters last night. Defence was immense, crowd were unbelievable, Lynch was in Beast Mode! The scary thing though (for the other 31 teams) is that they still have 3 very good (if not elite) players ,in Clemons, Irvin and Harvin, to come back in. SuperBowl favourites? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is this the first Seahawks thread?, surely not?.............. wow if there has not been one around these parts already.

Love Russell Wilson, he's a stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Paddy power doing a special for the super bowl.
    If the Broncos or 49's win pp will refund all losing bets up to a max €100,havn't had a bet in a while but thinking of investing €300 on this with an option to lay off possibly during the playoffs.
    What do you guys think?
    Price on the seahawks is 6/1

• Advertisement

obligatory mention: going to see the Titans @ Seahawks in October :D

If it's anything like the atmosphere like the game last night, you're in for a treat! Let us know how you get on, hope to make it over myself in the next couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

We are playing really well since the start of the season. As long as we can grind out wins on the road our home record should propel us to a home semi ahead of the 49ners

We are playing really well since the start of the season. As long as we can grind out wins on the road our home record should propel us to a home semi ahead of the 49ners

A fellow Seahawks fan?
    Yeah, done the business early on today and let on the 2nd team to see it out. Interesting fact: Tarvaris Jackson was a better FF QB than Colin Kaepernick, Eli Manning, Sam Bradford, Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman and Philip Rivers today

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Bogman wrote: »
    A fellow Seahawks fan?

Last season he was a Giants fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah there's been other threads about the Seahawks, but they get so little love in the media, I think another thread is justified :cool:

Last night was the first time this season I've had time to sit down and watch a whole Seahawks game. They looked frighteningly good (admitedly, the Jags were muck, but still). Hard to fathom that they pretty much had their second string out for some of the third and all of the fourth quarter, and still added to the score. They look so much like Pete Carroll's kind of team now too - strong running and strong defence forming the team's identity. Adding Clemons to that D-Line just seems unfair. Very excited to see how Michael will develop too.

The depth isn't just deep, it's homogeneous. Jackson came in for Wilson and played the same offensive scheme. No need to shift things around. They are very much a team with an identity and a culture now, for which I think Carroll and his staff should take enormous credit, given the state of affairs when he took over. AND, as previously mentioned, if players like Okung and Irvin can come back, the team will keep getting stronger :eek:

Early days and all, but Arizona and San Fran losing last night opens up a 2-game gap after only three games. That said, the remainder of the AFC South are now to come, (away to the Texans and Colts, then back home to the Titans), before a road game at the Cards. By no means an easy run of fixtures, where we should see what this team is really all about.

• Advertisement

Last season he was a Giants fan.

Im afraid its only the Pats fans that jump on bandwagons after about three superbowl wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Im afraid its only the Pats fans that jump on bandwagons after about three superbowl wins!

Ignoring the fact that makes no sense, You haven't jumped bandwagons? Oh really?

You on the Seahawks in this thread

You on the Giants:
    Giants all the way baby!
    These matches are good for the patriots. They need to be battle hardened when they come up against the NFC champs in the Superbowl whether that be Green Bay, my beloved Giants or the 49ners. Although a resurgent Steelers could cause a few problems in a AFC championship game.
    It could be a long night ahead of us boys. After all we are a playoff team unlike the 49ners!

Go Giants or go Home

I mean I could post in more posts you wrote about the Giants but this one made it easy enough. The only thing that is actually clear from your posts in the AF forum is that you have a problem with Corvus and don't like the Pats and 49ers. This is what Tom Coughlin thinks:

628x471.jpg

Couple of things on last night:
    -Great to see Clemons and Browner back and playing well
    -D currently on pace to give up 144 points this season. Led league last year with 245
    -Michael looks like he has potential to be very good
    -Harvin, Irvin, Okung still to come back along with two rookies that I really like, Jesse Williams (more d-line depth) and former LSU CB Tharold Simon.
    -McQuistan done a decent job coming in for Okung. We'll see how good he is against JJ Watt next week
    -Impressed with the tight ends so far
    Not going to get carried away though, it was the Jags in Seattle. Tougher tests to come.

Looking at the roster, there's unreal talent all over this team. More importantly, some very good young talent.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Seattle_Seahawks_roster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'd say both the Titans and Hawks will be 4-1 when they meet in 3 weeks, more chance of the Hawks than the Titans but at least it sets it up to be a contest rather than the the titans of last year with the result a 100% foregone conclusion in that case.

At this point,is anyone else looking at anyone other than the Hawks representing the NFC in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seahawks look the best team in the NFL right now to me. Of course things do change over the course of a season but barring any key injuries I think they are likely to be there in February.

Always rated and really like Pete Carroll as a coach. I remember when he was with the Patriots and I always felt he was handed a poisoned chalice there with us having just been in a Superbowl, fans expecting too much and then Parcells poaching players for the Jets.

He is one of only two head coaches hired by Robert Kraft, the other one being Bill Belichick and I think it shows how great an eye for talent that Kraft has.

4NU6Kn.gif

The Bogman queried if you were a Seahawks fan, I, like other posters here, just pointed out to him that you were a Giants fan.

Bogman, I would like to extend to you, a belated welcome to the American Football forum. In case you haven't already, I recommend you visit this thread..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055383079

In it, you can post the how and the why you got into AF and the reasons for supporting your team. We've all pretty much posted in there at some stage. So give it a visit.:)

I'll leave the last word with Corvus on this little sidebar. Now everyone back to talking about how awesome the Seahawks are.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Always rated and really like Pete Carroll as a coach. I remember when he was with the Patriots and I always felt he was handed a poisoned chalice there with us having just been in a Superbowl, fans expecting too much and then Parcells poaching players for the Jets.

He is one of only two head coaches hired by Robert Kraft, the other one being Bill Belichick and I think it shows how great an eye for talent that Kraft has.

I did and didn't like him. For some reason his time at USC annoyed me. I do think its because I don't like SC though. I did think he was a tad overated at USC though. Having said that he has shown why he should have been a Pro coach all a long. His eye for talent is the key and what makes me like the Seahawks a team I had no previous thoughts is Russell Wilson. Loved him at Sconnie and kid is special and Pete Carroll saw that. I am jealous the Seahawks got him to be honest and jealous they have an all round solid team. I am also glad they are a NFC team and not a AFC team. :D

TO. wrote: »
    I did and didn't like him. For some reason his time at USC annoyed me. I do think its because I don't like SC though. I did think he was a tad overated at USC though. Having said that he has shown why he should have been a Pro coach all a long. His eye for talent is the key and what makes me like the Seahawks a team I had no previous thoughts is Russell Wilson. Loved him at Sconnie and kid is special and Pete Carroll saw that. I am jealous the Seahawks got him to be honest and jealous they have an all round solid team. I am also glad they are a NFC team and not a AFC team. :D

I do recall being scolded quite sternly on here for suggesting towards the end of last season that Wilson relied too much on his scrambling and thus wouldn't make the grade... :o

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seahawks look the best team in the NFL right now to me. Of course things do change over the course of a season but barring any key injuries I think they are likely to be there in February.

You most certainly have an eagle eye. The Seahawks are the number 1 team in the NFC at the moment and the Broncos are number one in the AFC. But as New England fans will testify there is little point giving oneself PATS on the back at this early stage and crumbling when it really matters. Instead Keep the head down and grind out those away wins and the Seahawks might let the 49ners navigate their way through the wildcard round.

Bogman, I would like to extend to you, a belated welcome to the American Football forum. In case you haven't already, I recommend you visit this thread..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055383079

In it, you can post the how and the why you got into AF and the reasons for supporting your team. We've all pretty much posted in there at some stage. So give it a visit.:)
    Cheers Corvus, just posted there. Great idea for a thread and it's really interesting to read how people came by their teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

I love the Seahawks at the moment.

There defense is stacked and when I mean stacked it is stacked 3 deep in most positions. I really think if Wilson can get Harvin back with 4 games to go Seahawks are going to be nigh on impossible to beat at home if they get home playoff advantage.

Big game in Houston for JJ Watt on sunday, win that and that will be a real statement.

Anyone else think Wilson is starting to sound a lot like Pete Carroll?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Russell-Wilson-Week-4-Press-Conference/0d113875-eceb-4f0a-9bb5-ec94d4ef08f9

Something about the tone of his voice, the emphasis and intonations, and also the sort of phrases he's using....

Should be a real test for the Hawks today. Stating the obvious, but stopping or at least limiting JJ Watt will be key. Giacomini is carrying an injury, so if he's out, rookie Michael Bowie will probably line up at RT against Watt. Talk about a baptism of fire. I can see them pounding it with Lynch early and often. Be interesting to see how Nuk Hopkins goes against the secondary aswell.
    Still expect a win though. For me, Hawks have a better overall D and while Houston has a good offence (ranked 9 statistically I think), I don't think they have the same explosiveness that Wilson offers to Seattle.

Win for the hawks...

The Bogman wrote: »
    Should be a real test for the Hawks today. Stating the obvious, but stopping or at least limiting JJ Watt will be key. Giacomini is carrying an injury, so if he's out, rookie Michael Bowie will probably line up at RT against Watt. Talk about a baptism of fire. I can see them pounding it with Lynch early and often. Be interesting to see how Nuk Hopkins goes against the secondary aswell.
    Still expect a win though. For me, Hawks have a better overall D and while Houston has a good offence (ranked 9 statistically I think), I don't think they have the same explosiveness that Wilson offers to Seattle.

Raging I wont get to see this game tonight :mad:

The problem with giving Watt too much attention is that a certain Mr Cushing will be all too happy to attack any gaps. I really think that if Seattle win this, it'll actually be through the air. Lynch will probably be called on a good bit for pass protection, allowing wilson to target the secondary, where Heuston are relatively (I say relatively! ) weaker. Their run D is outrageous.

Huge win...

Not sure what happened in the 4th Quarter but they blown the o line of Texans out the door. Schaub was under so much pressure.

Huge statement by the Seahawks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

4-0 for the first time in franchise history. Well done

• Advertisement

Another test tho next week against INDY.

That going to be another cracker.

Advertisement