Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Probably too late to be posting this but what the helll ....

Options
  • 02-10-2004 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

ENTERTAINMENT: Farewell Network 2
    Channel: RTE Network 2
    Date: Saturday 2nd October 2004
    Time: 21:10 to 21:45 (starting in 2 hours and 35 minutes)
    Duration: 35 minutes.
    Dara O' Briain narrates this lighthearted celebration of 18 years of RTE Network 2 as its name changes to RTE Two, recalling shows including Nighthawks and Bachelor's Walk and performers who found an outlet for their talents on the channel, like Barry Murphy and Ardal O'Hanlon.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Saw it, brought back memories alright :) Heres my summary:

I hated that Gridlock, could never figure it out.
    There was some funny clips on there, of the old kids quiz shows, some with that Kevin fella and of course the Den. Theres some i dont remember like Jo Maxi, probably dont want to remember it by the looks of it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That was indeed interesting. A few nice memories, along with some highly embarassing ones. A pity it ended, really. That "Stew" show straight after it was abysmal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I remember well when they changed the name from RTE 2 to Network 2. I thought it was in 1988 though i.e. 16 years ago rather than 18.

One funny thing is that a lot of older people never got used to the new name and continued to refer to the channel as RTE 2...now things have come full circle.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Was on Jo-Maxi once when they came out to my school, remember it well it was a pretty crap show though. It used to be on before home and away.

Didnt get to see last nights programs but memories of Network 2.

Blackboard Jungle I thought it was better than that crap derek mooney presented, Gridlock. How the hell were you supposed to win that game.

The very first episodes of Home and away, the ones with the Summer Bay nutter who turned out to be Donald Fisher's predessor in the principle's office at summer Bay High.and there was the one where those two eejits Lance and martin won the lottery and bought a fridge full of beer, given the viewer profile of its viewers now i couldn't see them featuring something like that now.

The End, now that was so crap it was actually funny, especially the phone messages that were left on their answering machine.

Does anyone remember the day that the audio of Network 2 was replaced with Century Radio, can remember the calls to the Claire McKeon phone show coming over the audio of home and away actually "I'm trying to watch the telly and all i can here is your bloody programme, get off my telly!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah jo-maxi, that takes me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There's loads of short clips from Jo-Maxi online, mostly of bands but this is the only full episode. Remember that opening sequence with the "rap dancers" as Gaybo would have called them and the CGI talking petrol pump?

Advertisement