Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trump v Twitter

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭threeball

More worringly, Airmiles Andy and Billy Clinton appear to have 'partied' very hard with Epstien, as revelations show (further) in recent days:

Bill Clinton 'had affair with Jeffrey Epstein pimp Ghislaine Maxwell during trips on pedophile's private jet', explosive new book claims
    - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8362559/Bill-Clinton-accused-affair-Ghislaine-Maxwell-new-book-claims.html

WHITEHOUSE SCANDAL ‘Bill Clinton told Jeffrey Epstein he slept with Monica Lewinsky as she was only girl in White House for gov shutdown’
    - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11727926/bill-clinton-jeffrey-epstein-monica-lewinsky-white-house-shutdown/

‘DO THE RIGHT THING’ Prince Andrew ‘maybe has something to hide’ says Jeffrey Epstein’s butler who ‘set up tables for Duke’s daily massages’
    - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11742501/prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-butler/

n.b. Someone will be along now in 3,2,1....

...to ignore the stories, and instead attack the sources (all be it the two best selling papers in the uk), and the most read (en) online newspaper in the entire world.

Yes and they should be pursued and charged, as should Donnie. There isn't a shred of decency on the mans body yet he'll have 60 million people vote for him in November. That makes them a morally bankrupt as he is. Biden is no addition either so the public should demand other choices. The muppets lapped up the communist line on Bernie Sanders who isn't even left wing enough to join Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Should I now expect a voice interrupting my phone calls ‘fact-checking’ my conversations?

A link appearing next to my WhatsApp messages to ensure my friends have ‘all the facts’ whenever I state an opinion not endorsed by the board of Facebook, Inc.?

Perhaps the next time I send a letter, An Post might helpfully add an insert pointing the reader to approved sources of information?

Nermal wrote: »
    Should I now expect a voice interrupting my phone calls ‘fact-checking’ my conversations?

A link appearing next to my WhatsApp messages to ensure my friends have ‘all the facts’ whenever I state an opinion not endorsed by the board of Facebook, Inc.?

Perhaps the next time I send a letter, An Post might helpfully add an insert pointing the reader to approved sources of information?

If you're in a position of significant power and influence then yes you should. The people who shape the narrative should be challenged always.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

None of those would be seen by millions of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

threeball wrote: »
    If you're in a position of significant power and influence then yes you should. The people who shape the narrative should be challenged always.

Then why are CNN not fact checked with the amount of fake news they put out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Way to miss the point. I believe that you are not President of the United States, whose words are heard by the entire world. What comes out of that office as an official statement matters to the whole world. With respect, nobody really cares what you talk about on WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tasfasdf wrote: »

Define fake news?

If they put out something that’s factually incorrect that correct it themselves, like all major news channels. So do Fox etc, they, unlike donny trump, are capable of admitting when they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Such as?

The people who shape the narrative should be challenged always.

You and everyone else are free to challenge him by replying to him. Why do you need the platform to intervene on your behalf?
    None of those would be seen by millions of people.

So what? Is Twitter responsible for the correctness of the content on the platform, or isn't it?

You and everyone else are free to challenge him by replying to him. Why do you need the platform to intervene on your behalf?

So what? Is Twitter responsible for the correctness of the content on the platform, or isn't it?

I have no issue with Twitter adding fact checks to Trumps lies, should have done it 4 years ago.

• Advertisement

I have no issue with Twitter adding fact checks to Trumps lies, should have done it 4 years ago.

When one is losing the game, it's natural to beg for the referee to intervene.

So you're ok with over 18,000 lies? You think he should be able to post whatever he likes?

So you're ok with over 18,000 lies? You think he should be able to post whatever he likes?

I do, and I think you should be able to post whatever you like in response, Timberrrrrrrr. I trust the ability of people to identify lies more than you do.

I do, and I think you should be able to post whatever you like in response, Timberrrrrrrr. I trust the ability of people to identify lies more than you do.

Well I guess both our moral compass are at polar opposites, I would hold the office of the president of the United states in a higher regard than you do. If you're happy with that clown posting lie after lie day after day then I guess there isn't really much hope for you.

They are using their own medium like Fox and OAN, twitter is owned by an independent company. Surely you could figure that out yourself.

Well then you give people far too much credit. Most people are idiots.

So its just a game, with people the expendable pawns, sacrificed for the king. I can see why you like Donnie, similar morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Biden is a poor candidate. Trump is a disgusting, despicable, embarrassing and extremely dangerous candidate. It shouldn't even be a contest.

The presidency is won and lost at the live debates. Trump will eat Biden alive at them. I cannot understand why the Dem's picked him as their candidate - It's almost like they don't want to win.

There is only 1 Democrat who trump is afraid of and it's Andrew Cuomo - A no nonsense Italian American from New York - he talks hard and fast and is a real leader.

The debates lol. Yeah forget the economy, coronavirus and race riots. It’s the debates that matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

MadYaker wrote: »
    The debates lol. Yeah forget the economy, coronavirus and race riots. It’s the debates that matter :pac:

It's where the voters decide, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

It's where the voters decide, unfortunately.

Lol, the US presidential election is decided by 538 electors in the electoral college. If it were decided by popular vote Trump would have lost in 2016.

Lol, the US presidential election is decided by 538 electors in the electoral college. If it were decided by popular vote Trump would have lost in 2016.

Its not even as democratic as that. It all hinges on 4 or 5 swing states. If you're a republican in california your vote rarely matters, same for a democrat in a red state. Its barely recognisable as a democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Its not even as democratic as that. It all hinges on 4 or 5 swing states. If you're a republican in california your vote rarely matters, same for a democrat in a red state. Its barely recognisable as a democracy

Exactly my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

****e like that though is the reason the Anti-Vaxx movement got so much movement. And flat earthers.

You have the right to say what you want, and the rest of the world has the right to call you out when you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Then you are either deluded, or living in a cave for the past 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Do you not think Trump administration staff or Fox News are not poring over everything CNN publish waiting to point the finger and scream at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Publicly make a false accusation of murder in Ireland (not on boards.ie, mind), as Trump did when he ‘asked questions’ about Joe Scarborough, and you'll get something more serious than a fact check.

Advertisement