Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"BMW First"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

road_high wrote: »
    I've a leased company car BMW so I presume there's no real benefit for me of BMW First as all servicing etc is already included?

No point for you.. only really benefits you if you're paying for those things yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Yeah 330d, and they wanted coincidentally almost €330 per disk only. I just checked the UK site, which is good for OEM parts if needed and they are €295 there.

503435.JPG

I am UK based and I have noticed a significant disparity between UK and IRL pricing for service parts from BMW (higher on the Irish side).

I usually get bits and pieces from GSF or ECP (the latter I have noticed have expanded into the Irish market). ECP prices arent the same though (Irish side pricing is higher Vs their UK side).

If your a member of one of the UK BMW fourms a southern based BMW dealer does discounts for forum members. Probably be worth your while even including delivery to Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Kramer wrote: »
    There's no doubt BMWs can be expensive to maintain/service/repair, regardless of the 20% discount offered by the subscription.

Still, I can't complain with my free mini valets & wipers so far......
    She's clean again..............but for how long :cool:.

Conlon's Limerick - good job.
    0nwgnsj.jpg

My BMW First - free month link

Conlons have gotten very poor at the mini valet now, they used to do a GREAT job on the leather, now they barely vacuum the inside, no polish used anywhere, the free Circle K wash is far better in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Clareman wrote: »
    Conlons have gotten very poor at the mini valet now, they used to do a GREAT job on the leather, now they barely vacuum the inside, no polish used anywhere, the free Circle K wash is far better in my opinion

They washed mine in for a service (Naas) and it was very poorly done. All streaks left and not fully cleaned really. But dealership washes are brutal in my experience, there’s no money in it for them. It’s just a courtesy that is sloppily done so wasn’t expecting much

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They washed mine in for a service (Naas) and it was very poorly done. All streaks left and not fully cleaned really. But dealership washes are brutal in my experience, there’s no money in it for them. It’s just a courtesy that is sloppily done so wasn’t expecting much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

road_high wrote: »

I've personally had quite good experiences with Frank Keanes Naas Road. The car always finishes up looking fresh, inside and out! Though I always make sure to get the first 10am slot on Saturdays, when things are quietest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I'll be honest, mine had a mini valet with them and I didn't know they did anything to the interior - it clearly wasn't touched.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think at this stage they just vacuum the carpets and that's it, they used to do a full polish on the interior, was a great service, not worth the hassle anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I think at this stage they just vacuum the carpets and that's it, they used to do a full polish on the interior, was a great service, not worth the hassle anymore.

I keep my car's interior pretty clean anyway but yes, I will agree, the last few times I've had it cleaned, apart from a brief carpet vacuum, the dashboard etc. wasn't touched.
    Maybe they've too many availing now & cut back on the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I watched a dealer "wash" my car the last time. The fella just ran the power hose over it, never even touched it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I presume the dealer gets paid nothing or next to nothing from BMW under the BMW first scheme to do the washes for customers yet still has to pay their valet guy to do the job. If they do a good job you’ll come back but if it’s barely acceptable you’re less likely to avail of it again. A bit like when the wife gets you to do the washing up. A lick and a promise and you might not get the job again.

We had a tattered rear wiper on the wife’s car recently and dropped into a bmw dealer as we were passing who popped a free wiper on the back in five minutes under the scheme.
    Three weeks later the car went in for service in local dealer and we mentioned squeaking/smeared front wipers. Got the car back and they said they replaced all three wipers under the scheme at no cost to us. 118 euro was on the invoice for replacing the three! Must be made of very expensive rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shame they don't have the fleet car promo going again but I'd say that cost them a fortune last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I watched a dealer "wash" my car the last time. The fella just ran the power hose over it, never even touched it.

I'd be glad with that, better than scratching the paint :)

I always ask them not to wash the car when getting a service, which draws a confused look from the service guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

I'd be glad with that, better than scratching the paint :)

I always ask them not to wash the car when getting a service, which draws a confused look from the service guys.

I learnt the hard way a few years ago. Valet guy must have dragged a stone across the paint work when the car was washed at the end of the BMW warranty (car was 3 years old) causing a series of deep scratches in the paint work.

Eventually ended up dealing with the main guy at the dealership and to be fair they took the car back to rectify the paintwork they damaged. Never again will I opt for the complimentary "scratch and polish".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

BMW LAST

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

The "2 in 1" BMW First option for €16.90 doesnt seem to bad if it includes Circle K clean, light bulb and wiper replacement and 5c discount per litre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The shine has gone off it, effective July 1st the price is nearly doubling and the benefit is halving so by my book it is not really a value anymore.

The first change is a price increase on all three packs. This price increase will apply to both new and existing subscribers from July 1st 2020.

Service & Repair will increase from €4.90 to €7.90

Car Care will increase from €14.90 to €15.90

2in1 Plus will increase from €16.90 to €17.90

The second change will be made to our 20% discount feature which features in both the Service & Repair pack and the 2in1 Plus pack. The discount on all servicing, parts, labour and accessories will be reduced to 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just about to post this.
    Time to cancel now, the 20% off servicing made it worth the price.
    Now 10% discount won’t even cover the monthly/yearly fee

They can sod off. Must get my wipers replaced before I cancel so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Seems to me they want subscribers to cancel. Maybe it was a flop from the start. Wonder what the take up was?

• Advertisement

I'd say they are just trimming all the low hanging fruit regarding cost cutting due to Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Im in 2 minds on whether to continue with the subscription or not. I'm on the 2 in 1 and could avail of platinum service at the airport when things get back to normal . That, and the Mondelllo park experience brings almost 400 euro in value to the deal. Their timing and cutting of benefits generally is stunningly bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

Yep, just got the email and cancelled immediately, fortunately had one of our cars in for a service on Friday and got my 20% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Cancelling next week , massive increase in pride percentage wise and reduction from 20% to 10% discount on service and parts. Complete rip off. They must be trying to shut the program down? Only reason I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Have the yearly service booked next week. Get that done and then I'm out.

I imagine with the backlog in servicing if there are any decent number of subscribers it will cost them a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭carsfan2

If they want to wind it up they should just call it.
    These price increases coupled with benefit reductions will mean more people leaving making it even more unviable than it possibly is.
    I am leaving too.
    You could just rejoin a few days before you have a service To get the 10% reduction then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

logically wrote: »
    Im in 2 minds on whether to continue with the subscription or not. I'm on the 2 in 1 and could avail of platinum service at the airport when things get back to normal . That, and the Mondelllo park experience brings almost 400 euro in value to the deal. Their timing and cutting of benefits generally is stunningly bad though.

I wonder how many times you can avail of the platinum service at the airport. It is not clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

This is the first I've heard of a platinum service, does anybody have more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Or is it that you pay the full price for the Platinim service and you can bring a guest for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

Can you sign up to the relevant package, and avail of the 20% off a service immediately?

Advertisement