Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Waffling out of him on a full pension when he should be in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Bertie the elder is back amongst us with his wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

He's not so keen on interrupting the Bert!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Mav11 wrote: »
    He's not so keen on interrupting the Bert!!

Hardly surprising,along with his colleague Eoghan Harris,he was a big supporter of Bertie at the time of the Mahon tribunal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It’s no secret BOC is a definite FFer and has been for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

The FF love is definitely in the air this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭bigroad

FF gangster's are welcome on RTE .Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

"He deserves the slot" ............ is this is how we appoint a Taoiseach? :rolleyes:

Mav11 wrote: »
    The FF love is definitely in the air this morning.

M Martin deserves his slot, a man for the times according to the elder Bert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

M Martin deserves his slot, a man for the times according to the elder Bert

Not because he has anything to offer, not because he is best qualified but because "he has been hanging around for years" ... talk about damning with faint praise :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Why they keep asking this mother##### 's opinion on anything is beyond me.i would say a lot of the public have a special hatred for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus!! Seems every politician is “ a criminal, a gangster, corrupt, takes bribes, incompetent,useless,should be in gaol”.

Except SF and the left.

Very unusual one would have to opine.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Memorable TV moments.

Almost all involving the death of someone.

FFS lighten up, RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The fact that not one of the highlight clips includes Ryan Tubridy is very telling about him and his late late show.

Biggest controversy when Tubridy was in charge was when he complimented somebody too much.

In fairness twas nice to hear Flynn trying his best to kill his political career again

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Callan57 wrote: »
    Not because he has anything to offer, not because he is best qualified but because "he has been hanging around for years" ... talk about damning with faint praise :cool:

Wouldn't be anything new. You could just as easily be describing Enda Kenny's political career there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He made sure to read out what was probably the only text praising the Bert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Caquas

Just listened to yesterday’s show. Started well enough but in a few minutes he got completely lost while trying to remember the two measures where the Taoiseach decided to overrule the medical experts.

I always thought Marian’s opening newspaper was an amateurish mess. She would pick some topic (always rugby if there was an international) and skim the papers randomly looking for anything on that topic. Endless humming and hawing and the rustle of paper.

I assumed Brendan could only improve on Marian but he’s falling into her bad ways. Or does everyone get into the studio 15 minutes before they go on air?

Here’s an idea totally out of the box - why don’t his crew of assistants provide him with a script!

John S. Doyle on Morning Ireland shows how it’s done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

amazing the way they report these things. "Martin Smith says that he does not recognise Maddie suspect". They left out the fact that Martin Smith thought with strong certainty that Gerry McCann was the man he saw walking past him on that night carry a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Caquas wrote: »
    Or does everyone get into the studio 15 minutes before they go on air?
    Here’s an idea totally out of the box - why don’t his crew of assistants provide him with a script!

John S. Doyle on Morning Ireland shows how it’s done.

Or why doesn't BO'C get into Donnybrook at 7.00, run through the papers himself, mark/photocopy/cut out the articles that he wants to quote and be properly prepared. As you saud, it sounds like they were all pulling up in the carpark at 10.55 a.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who's this header on now??? :eek:

Wants to cull all our cats! And that's one of his less drastic suggestions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is this the Gerry Killeen guy on the phone? Omg this guy is just painful. Seriously, let us have one positive day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who's this header on now??? :eek:

Gerry Killeen - Professor in Applied Pathogen Ecology at the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences at UCC.
    Wants to cull all our cats! And that's one of his less drastic suggestions.....

That's not what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

leahyl wrote: »
    Is this the Gerry Killeen guy on the phone? Omg this guy is just painful. Seriously, let us have one positive day!!!

People don't like the truth in Ireland. It was the same in the property bubble.

Can anyone tell me who the panellists in the studio are?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

But but.

RTÉ are paid by the government to never say anything bad about the establishment.

Hmmm OK lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Gerry Killen what a header.no answer to the state of the economy due to lockdown.was he wearing his mask while spouting nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

People don't like the truth in Ireland. It was the same in the propert bubble.

Can anyone tel me who the panellists in the studio are?

Thanks

John Halligan, Stephanie Preissner and I don't know the third one.

What are Gerry Kileen's plans for keeping the virus out of the country once we've eliminated it, I wonder? (Assuming that's even possible, which I'd have my doubts about.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

John Halligan, Stephanie Preissner and I don't know the third one.

What are Gerry Kileen's plans for keeping the virus out of the country once we've eliminated it, I wonder? (Assuming that's even possible, which I'd have my doubts about.)

Mark Paul of the Irish Times is the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Brian O Donovan needs a few valium ... stop trying to talk up news we've already heard to seem like some kind of scoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Stephanie being careful to take the woke line or work in the arts & media will be badly short.

Does the government need to change the law so that certain types of large gatherings for acceptable protests are allowed and large crowds for unacceptable protests are banned?

Advertisement