Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primary School Cobh, Co Cork

• 13-05-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All - I am from East Cork originally but not from Cobh. My husband, daughter and I are planning to move home from London before my little one starts primary school. We are seriously considering Cobh for the water views, trains to Cork and proximity to both my and my husbands family. The property options also look lovely. I would like to get some advise on the local primary schools and if certain parts of Cobh offer better options. We plan to move back home within the next 2-3 years so appreciate a lot can change but nay feedback welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Looking at a map of Cobh and where the schools are might help you.

The biggest school is Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh ( rebranded from Rushbrooke NS), when they got a new and very impressive school around 6 years ago. It is located in Rushbrooke, just up the road from Rushbrooke Tennis Club, 4 or 5 minutes walk from the train stop at Rushbrooke. There are possibly still some houses available from the ones currently being built right next to the school. It is mixed and has around 730 students. A fantastic new school building and most would agree a fine school.
    There is a Gaelscoil up by the GAA pitches, mixed students, if you were so inclined. A very nice school but a big decision would obviously be the Gaeilge as it will be a big move for your child let alone starting a new language as well.
    Down the road from the Gaelscoil is the Boys school, St. Josephs and next to it St. Marys girls school. They are in the town and a consideration would be the traffic at drop off times can be an issue. Both would have older buildings for the most part though, if that was an issue. Both fine schools though and depending on where you are looking to live in Cobh, these would be suitable.
    Out the Marlóg side of Cobh is Walterstown NS, again a mixed school with a good reputation.
    That might be a good option if you were buying out the far side of Cobh.

Hope that helps, any other questions, ask away.

Advertisement