Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Int Series 2020 Cancelled

• 04-05-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

NFL schedule due to be released this week but they have said there will be no London or Mexico games this season whatever happens. 😡

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

NFL schedule due to be released this week but they have said there will be no London or Mexico games this season whatever happens. 😡

Seems a fairly sensible approach to take tbh. Don't want to plan for an international series only for govt's to cancel the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Not NFL, but what's the story with the college game planned for Lansdowne Rd in August, that can't go ahead surely!

Not NFL, but what's the story with the college game planned for Lansdowne Rd in August, that can't go ahead surely!

Alot of those packages have been sold already so I'm sure they'll be trying to reschedule rather than cancel but def wont go ahead as scheduled in Aug. Again NCAA season is up in the air at present.

They’re clinging by the nails for the cash yet, but it won’t go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Guffy wrote: »
    Seems a fairly sensible approach to take tbh. Don't want to plan for an international series only for govt's to cancel the games.

Ah yeah, was just hoping schedule might get pushed out and games might happen somewhere in Europe.

I see the Dolphins are saying they are going to look to allow 15k (60k capacity) fans attend games and give them times to go to certain gates etc.
    Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ah yeah, was just hoping schedule might get pushed out and games might happen somewhere in Europe.

I see the Dolphins are saying they are going to look to allow 15k (60k capacity) fans attend games and give them times to go to certain gates etc.
    Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Would that mean as a season ticket holder, you would get to 1 home game in every 4?
    There would be a lot of refunds if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would that mean as a season ticket holder, you would get to 1 home game in every 4?
    There would be a lot of refunds if that was the case.

Gameday money is only a fraction of what the league gets from other sources. They'll happily refund that kind of season ticket money if it allows them to run the season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Gameday money is only a fraction of what the league gets from other sources. They'll happily refund that kind of season ticket money if it allows them to run the season.

yeah agree, will be interesting to see if this is a common approach or does the NFL mandate or leave it to the owners.

Or does the state Govenor or city Mayor just tell them what they have to do.

At this point, I'd just be happy to get a league that starts on time.

yeah agree, will be interesting to see if this is a common approach or does the NFL mandate or leave it to the owners.

Madness they're risking it all by letting a certain amount of fans in. 1 outbreak and linked to a game and whole season could be shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I don't see how they can have different rules in different locations regarding fans. It would be like allowing one team to have OTAs and not another. I know state tax law already gives unfair advantage to some teams but fans in stadiums is a lot more obvious. It is a bad look to be even appearing to put pressure on governors to open up early, which saying your team will be at a disadvantage for your caution would definitely be.

There is a chance that some governors or mayors mightn't allow contact sport to be played but if there are no fans in the stadiums a team isn't losing out too much playing at a different location. 49ers have talked about it as the governor doesn't seem too enthusiastic about sport coming back

• Advertisement
Advertisement