Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip in Further Education (Maynooth)

• 12-02-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi.
    I am thinking of doing doing a hdip in further education in Sept in nui maynooth. What are the career options available to me? I'm 44 years old, so haven't got time to be messing about. Any information would be appreciated from anyone who works in adult education. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

It depends on your basic degree and other experience.
    Workplace Trainer, 3rd level tutor would be the main areas. Colleges often advertise from March onwards when they have an indication of the uptake on their advertised courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

By completing the course you wont be a tutor or trainer, you will have teacher status. This means you will have full registration without conditions and will be paid a teachers salary which is different to a tutors salary. It also means you'll have panel rights etc.
    As for career prospects, it depends on your 3rd level qualification. It is also very difficult to get permanent contracts in Further education.

Advertisement