Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are liberals fascists in disguise?

• 21-03-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Nowadays it seems, people get accused of "hate speech" for the slightest thing. If liberals don`t agree with what is being said, why do some of them immediately accuse the speaker of hate speech? Is this because these liberals are really fascists at heart?

If a speaker says something intended to incite violence, that is hate speech. If I said I voted against gay marriage (actually I didn`t vote), that is enough to be accused of hate, in today`s Ireland. Why would any non-fascist level such an accusation against someone who participates in the democratic process and votes in accordance with their conscience?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

There is indeed a debate to be had about free speech and how it conflicts with people's notions of 'hate speech', but this is not the way to start that debate. Locked.

Also, please read the charter: this is a forum about debating, not for debating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement