Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tokyotreat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was gonna wait till it's shipped, just worried they'll wait to ship it until it's too late to cancel but that seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just did this for two lots of sweets.

You buy the groupon voucher/s and redeem them as normal, follow the link they send you copy the code into the Tokyo site and “buy” for zero obviously, then subscribe. That gets you the sweets at that price but you need to got to the Tokyo site then and unsub which to be fair to them is easily done, view plan under subscribe and cancel sub.

It’s not simple simple but it’s not rocket science. Thanks op. Couple of good Xmas pressies assuming they arrive in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

ThePott wrote: »
    I was gonna wait till it's shipped, just worried they'll wait to ship it until it's too late to cancel but that seems unlikely.

I found this

In 2 - 3 days
    We'll prep your box and send you a confirmation email once your box has been shipped.

We should be good to go with cancellations mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Mine shipped today, cancelled the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

hi all

I have 2 groupon vouchers ( 2 accounts - me and partner)

I have already purchased one box and got an email shipped

would any one know can I use the 2nd voucher code on the tokyotreat log in I created, or do I also need to register as a new customer to claim a second voucher - on the tokyotreat own site I mean ?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

sorry all if Im being dumb! But are you getting this for free or are you paying the €11?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I wonder will we be lucky enough to receive these before Christmas. Mine was shipped yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got mine today. Haven't tried anything yet but the first thing I saw when I opened the box was Luffy and a bag of chocolate covered crisps so it's already the best thing I've bought this year.

I hope the crisps are decent.

sugarman wrote: »
    What date did you order? Order mine as a Christmas present, hoping it gets here before then.

Nov 18th is the date on my order confirmation. Shipped on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Orange Kit Kats and some gummy sweets for €14. What am I missing here?

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Orange Kit Kats and some gummy sweets for €14. What am I missing here?

I was charged €11.50.

Decent offering for that price with postage included from Japan. Worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I just tried the drink. It was jelly in a can. I couldn't finish it and I feel a bit weezey after it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eoin3

Tried a few bits. KitKats were nice, the rest...
    Think I'll be sticking to the Tayto and Dairy Milk from here on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Eoin3 wrote: »
    Tried a few bits. KitKats were nice, the rest...
    Think I'll be sticking to the Tayto and Dairy Milk from here on. :D

love taytos wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

love taytos wtf

don't we all?

My thoughts:

Happy with what I got for €11.50. Fun thing to try, especially without reading the booklet telling you what everything is. I'm just choosing something random each night.

It's normally €32 per month for the box we got. People paying €32 for this need their head checked! It's worth nowhere near that. :D

iHungry wrote: »
    I just tried the drink. It was jelly in a can. I couldn't finish it and I feel a bit weezey after it

Drink was horrendous! You were supposed to shake the can before drinking it. Don't know if you did that, but I did and it was still awful. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Anyone else get charged a renewal?

I've just been charged despite cancelling after buying (I have the "Your plan has been cancelled email")

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oat23 wrote: »
    My thoughts:

Happy with what I got for €11.50. Fun thing to try, especially without reading the booklet telling you what everything is. I'm just choosing something random each night.

It's normally €32 per month for the box we got. People paying €32 for this need their head checked! It's worth nowhere near that. :D

Drink was horrendous! You were supposed to shake the can before drinking it. Don't know if you did that, but I did and it was still awful. :pac:

I got mine last week, not had much chance to try things but I liked the little cookies that I tried and that orange kit Kat is yum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I actually liked the drink.

I still haven’t received mine. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Oat23 wrote: »
    Nov 18th is the date on my order confirmation. Shipped on the 24th.

Shipped a few days after and still not here:mad: Customer support told me it might not arrive til early Jan.
    Are they coming with an post or couriers?

My two finally arrived this morning.

123654789 wrote: »
    Shipped a few days after and still not here:mad: Customer support told me it might not arrive til early Jan.
    Are they coming with an post or couriers?

Not 100% sure who delivered it as nobody was home but I think it would be An Post. Other unregistered packages I've received from Japan/Korea are always delivered by them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Delivered by An Post. I got my January box today

Advertisement