Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dye

• 25-03-2021 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭

I have found a few grey hairs and don't want to wait for the hair dressers to open. My hair is clean from dye now. I have dark brown very long hair.
    Could anyone recommend a permanent non ammonia box dye that won't turn my hair orange. I was looking for something just brown and rich looking.
    I know it's not good to dye your own hair but I'll survive.

Just to add I have been every colour under the sun and have mostly have had dyed hair. Just went back natural for a while so I'm not against dye. It's been ages since I did it myself though but would be well used to doing it, broke student in the past etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

You need ammonia or equivalent to open the cuticle layer to allow the colour molecules to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks, I dyed it in the end with an ammonia one. It looks ok but I would have preferred to go back blonde. It did turn out exactly as the box said though. Things have improved since I was a teen doing my own hair!

Advertisement