Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can someone get banned from a hospital?

• 01-12-2019 12:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I was in Beaumont hospital for kidney problems April of this year and got into a heated debate when drunk and long story, short sent some pretty nasty emails to the doctors and nurses.

They did say I might need dialysis in a year or two so If I did need it, could I go back there even after the emails or could they put a barring order on me for harassment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

How can anyone answer this? They would be within their rights but probably won't. Frankly reading that I think you may need help with your drinking as well as your kidneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

OP, as many people have asked you in the past seek help. In the interim don't be upsetting yourself over the small things. If there was an issue I'm sure the guards would have paid you a visit as you have said they have done on other matters. I'm sure medical personal recognise your lashing out as a symptom of a wider problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Firstly, hospital staff, especially A&E staff become accustomed to dealing with abusive/intoxicated/stressed members of the public, unfortunately it is a frequent part of the job. But that does.not mean they are obliged to tolerate the abuse. Sending abusive emails after you have left the Hospital and expected to have cooled off, is not on. The Hospital staff will have to weigh their responsibility to help you, against their concerns for personal safety, and yes, Hospitals can refuse to treat you if staff perceive you as a threat.

Behave yourself, they are helping you and their job is hard enough without having to deal with abuse from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A guy I know was banned from A+E in Tallaght hospital but then again that was on the word of an exasperated doctor who was presumably sick of his wasting both their time and trolley's.

Mind you it worked; he started frequenting A+E at St. James instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I'd say you could be barred out of anywhere if you are acting the bollix, I know someone who is barred out of a church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I'd say you could be barred out of anywhere if you are acting the bollix, I know someone who is barred out of a church

Oh please tell us the story????

Mod
    Pls stay on topic. Don't stray into Canon Law

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Oh please tell us the story????

Mod
    Not a big scandal or anything, but it is a chap I know, non Catholic, who was hovering about a bit, and is a bit dodgy, he was dipping the collection boxes for gambling money, despite being highly regarded by the local clergy. Was barred for this reason, not really a scandal, or a surprise for anyone who knew his form. Legally I'd say he got off lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Mod

Advice applicable far beyond this august forum.

Not a big scandal or anything, but it is a chap I know, non Catholic, who was hovering about a bit, and is a bit dodgy, he was dipping the collection boxes for gambling money, despite being highly regarded by the local clergy. Was barred for this reason, not really a scandal, or a surprise for anyone who knew his form. Legally I'd say he got off lightly.

ya i was hoping someone was bananas at mass or something... ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

You were in hospital with kidney problems and got drunk in hospital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

You were in hospital with kidney problems and got drunk in hospital?

no..I think....... I think he got drunk later and sent emails to staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Riskymove wrote: »
    no..I think....... I think he got drunk later and sent emails to staff

where did he get the staff's email adresses from?

odd behaviour anyway from a very troubled individual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

where did he get the staff's email adresses from?

odd behaviour anyway from a very troubled individual

They were online and most of them have email addresses like firstname.lastname@beaumont.ie and they had all their names visible in the hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

They were online and most of them have email addresses like firstname.lastname@beaumont.ie and they had all their names visible in the hospital

either way, strange strange behaviour

i really hope you do get help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

They can't ban you from receiving treatment. Family members are routinely banned.

The Kidney transplant centre is St Vincent's now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Do you realise not only how peculiar your actions were but also troubling and quite deplorable? Did you subsequently apologise profusely to the individuals concerned?

Frankly, I find all your sagas to be bordering on fantasy, or signs of someone who really needs to take a long hard look at their lives.

All, dont be entertaining this troll..... look at the Op other posts. Obviously all fantasy

Advertisement