Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ederson
    Tripper, Lovron, Bertrand
    Salah, Mane, Antonio, Mkhitaryan
    Zaha, Aguero, Arnautovic

Canon fodder bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Already my third draft at this stage but...:

Ederson/4.0 (Button at the minute)

Coleman/Bailly/Sakho/Daniels/4.0 (Mbemba at the minute)
    Mane/Sane/Eriksen/Mkhitaryan/Gray
    Lukaku/Firmino/4.5 (Mir at the minute)

Have a real good feeling about Sakho right now, I think he could be a Harry Maguire/Yoshida type at the start of the season and rotates well with Daniels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ederson
    Coleman, Young, Cedric
    Sane, Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Milivojevic
    Aguero, Firmino, Arnie

4.0gk, 4.0df, 4.0df, 5.5mf

Just realised that I don't have Salah... oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Toying around with a FAA (Firmino Aguero Aubameyang) frontline now - it's possible to do, even with Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

DDG/Fabianski
    Daniels/TAA/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/McArthur/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Sigurdsson
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

I'm liking this set up , what do you guys/gals think ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

New team.

Begovic Fabianski
    Robertson Azpilicueta Cedric Peltier Bennett
    Salah Mané Silva Sessegnon Deulofeu
    Aguero Zaha Bonatini

Keepers both have a solid start. Rotate well.

Robertson could be top scoring defender such is the way Liverpool are set up.

Azpilicueta could be even more gold than ever. Sarri will have them solid. Napoli only let in 29 last year. Plus they'll have Kanté and Jorginho protecting.

Cedric. Cos obviously.

Peltier and Bennett could be ideal 4.0 benchwarmers who play the odd game.

Salah. Nuff said.

Mané. Gotta have at least double Liverpool attack IMO.

Silva. Creating fulcrum for City. Often getting ahead of Aguero under Pep.

Sessegnon. Talented lad. 6.5 looks steep but you gotta punt somewhere.

Gerry. I like him at 5.5. Should get points.

Aguero. Should start ahead of Jesus. And City will score. Lots.

Zaha. If he's striker, he could make hay. Was superb in last season's run in.

Bonatini. Could surprise a few. Will be benched for me most weeks.

I’ve got PVA in every draft I’ve done.

Promised myself post season I wouldn’t spend more than 4.5 on a defender but I’m just accepting that PVA is a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Will Hughes will be playing as CAM for Watford under Kiko. Something to consider he's only 5.0M. Got 2 goals and 2 assists in his 5 starts in that role (he played in a deeper position before that). I watched him play last season a few times too he's an excellent talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

klopparama wrote: »
    I’ve got PVA in every draft I’ve done.

Promised myself post season I wouldn’t spend more than 4.5 on a defender but I’m just accepting that PVA is a must have.

Every year I start with him
    Every year he bombs in price
    Not this year I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Speroni

Holebas -- Coleman -- Tomkins

--- Sane --- Salah --- Son --- Doucoure -- Neves

Aguero
    Firminho

SUBS: Fabianski - Mee - Lascelles - Quaner

Not sure exactly how I feel about it just yet. Defence seems quite light. I would be hoping to get in an Arsenal defender in Week 3.

Difficult to decide between Holebas and Mee to start GW1.

EDIT:
    Newcastle have a shocking start of fixtures so Lascelles could be out.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

Speroni

Holebas -- Coleman -- Tomkins

--- Sane --- Salah --- Son --- Doucoure -- Neves

Aguero
    Firminho

SUBS: Fabianski - Mee - Lascelles - Quaner

Not sure exactly how I feel about it just yet. Defence seems quite light. I would be hoping to get in an Arsenal defender in Week 3.

Difficult to decide between Holebas and Mee to start GW1.

EDIT:
    Newcastle have a shocking start of fixtures so Lascelles could be out.
    Holebas is more likely to be dropped than play. Cabasele is nailed for the same price. Son has the Asain tourny so won't feature until about GW3 or so. Newcastle have an awful start so I'd consider replacing Lascelles. I'd replace Doucoure with Deulofeu/Hughes. Cheaper options and much more attacking potential. The rest is solid.

Speroni ???? Have I missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

DDG/Fabianski
    Daniels/TAA/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/McArthur/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Sigurdsson
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

DDG - Probably play him all season .
    Fab - Play as an when / Fantastic value

Daniels - 1 bad match in 1st 10 So hopeful of a good return
    TAA- first four matches and then will probably replace
    Doherty - Will reavaulate after the first ten games but solid looking
    Kabasele - Probably nailed on to start , reavaulate after first three matches .
    Bamba - A reasonable back up player

Salah - Well it's Salah
    Gudmundsson - 1bad home match in the first 8 , solid player
    McArthur - same as above nearly
    Siggy - Good starting matches and pairing with Tosun
    Fraser - Fairly good opening 10

Tosun- See Siggy
    Agüero - Rotation risk as always
    Aubameyang - First choice in my opinion.

Comments please feel free to add advise/alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Will Hughes will be playing as CAM for Watford under Kiko. Something to consider he's only 5.0M. Got 2 goals and 2 assists in his 5 starts in that role (he played in a deeper position before that). I watched him play last season a few times too he's an excellent talent.

Is Flores back at Watford again? Thought Gracia was still in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is Flores back at Watford again? Thought Gracia was still in charge

Gracia is in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

First draft:

Fabianski Patrício
    TAA Cedric Tomkins Bennett Peltier
    Salah Sane Ramsey Mata Neves
    Firmino Aguero Zaha

Keepers: I'm not settled on this combi. Fab seems like a good pick but I feel weird about committing to having WHU as my first choice goalkeeper. I'm contemplating switching to Ederson + 4.0, though I'd have to find 0.5 elsewhere.

Defence: This will probably change the most. I've always been a budget defence person so for now I'm opting for 5.0, 4.5(x2), 4.0(x2). Right now I'm just going with the crowd in terms of potential 4.0 starters, I'll have to think more about it over the next couple of weeks.

Midfield: Salah is a must, I'd be terrified to start the season without him. Ramsey can be FF gold when fit, which hopefully he will be after a summer off; Neves was too good for the Championship, think he'll be good value at 5.0. In terms of Sane and Mata, I'm going for two players who should be nailed for a couple of weeks given how many of their team-mates played late into the World Cup. For the same price I could have Silva/Martial, so this is something I'll ponder over.

Forwards: Firmino seems great value to me and Aguero might as well not have been at the World Cup; I was then between Zaha and Arnie, going with the former for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

First draft:

Fabianski Patrício
    TAA Cedric Tomkins Bennett Peltier
    Salah Sane Ramsey Mata Neves
    Firmino Aguero Zaha

Keepers: I'm not settled on this combi. Fab seems like a good pick but I feel weird about committing to having WHU as my first choice goalkeeper. I'm contemplating switching to Ederson + 4.0, though I'd have to find 0.5 elsewhere.

Defence: This will probably change the most. I've always been a budget defence person so for now I'm opting for 5.0, 4.5(x2), 4.0(x2). Right now I'm just going with the crowd in terms of potential 4.0 starters, I'll have to think more about it over the next couple of weeks.

Midfield: Salah is a must, I'd be terrified to start the season without him. Ramsey can be FF gold when fit, which hopefully he will be after a summer off; Neves was too good for the Championship, think he'll be good value at 5.0. In terms of Sane and Mata, I'm going for two players who should be nailed for a couple of weeks given how many of their team-mates played late into the World Cup. For the same price I could have Silva/Martial, so this is something I'll ponder over.

Forwards: Firmino seems great value to me and Aguero might as well not have been at the World Cup; I was then between Zaha and Arnie, going with the former for now.

I'd go with Cairney or Hughes instead of Neves. Neves is a holding midfielder, can't see him contributing many goals or assists whereas Cairney and Hughes play further forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Holebas is more likely to be dropped than play. Cabasele is nailed for the same price. Son has the Asain tourny so won't feature until about GW3 or so. Newcastle have an awful start so I'd consider replacing Lascelles. I'd replace Doucoure with Deulofeu/Hughes. Cheaper options and much more attacking potential. The rest is solid.

Thanks! I've made some changes

Pope

Kabasele -- Coleman -- Tomkins

Cairney -- Sane -- Salah -- Mane -- Hughes

Aguero ---- Firmino

SUBS: Button -- Cedric -- Douglas -- Quaner

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Thanks! I've made some changes

Pope

Kabasele -- Coleman -- Tomkins

Cairney -- Sane -- Salah -- Mane -- Hughes

Aguero ---- Firmino

SUBS: Button -- Cedric -- Douglas -- Quaner
    No problem bro. Team is great! One more thing to consider; Burnley are in the Europa this year. I think your money would be better spent going for two 4.5M GK's that rotate well (consistent home fixtures) instead of Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Patricio - Fabianski

Daniels - Tompkins - Bellerin - Coleman - TAA

Sane - Son - Seri - Mata - Mhki

Firmino - Kun - Zaha

I think Son, Mata and Sane should start the season as they had none or less WC involvement than others. Reckon Seri will be playing forward for Fulham.

Defense I think TAA, Coleman & Bellerin are mainstays. I could do with finding alternatives for Daniels & Tompkins.

Any thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

slingerz wrote:
    I think Son, Mata and Sane should start the season as they had none or less WC involvement than others. Reckon Seri will be playing forward for Fulham.

Mentioned elsewhere that Son has some international tournament in Asian and will miss gw1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd go with Cairney or Hughes instead of Neves. Neves is a holding midfielder, can't see him contributing many goals or assists whereas Cairney and Hughes play further forward.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm not sure why I thought Neves was an attacking midfielder - I also thought he had a lot more than six goals last season. I've replaced him with Ciarney for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Fabianski

Cedric
    TTA
    Trippier

Salah
    Neves
    Walcott
    De Bruyne

Kane
    Firmino
    Arnautovic

Speroni Stephens Mbemba Peltier

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

De Gea (Button)
    Mendy Bailly TAA (Peltier, Bednarak)
    Silva Siggy Salah Jota Kenedy
    Firmino PEA (Quaner)
    Siggy -> Fancy Everton under Silva to start well & decent fixtures.
    PEA -> Despite the tough start, I think he'll still nick a few goals.
    Jota -> Seemed to bang them in the champo, bit of a gamble but we'll see.
    Mendy -> Want Man City def coverage and he was great going forward last year before the injury. Didn't play much in Russia so should be reasonably fresh.

CSWS101 wrote: »
    De Gea (Button)
    Firmino PEA (Quaner)
    Mendy -> Want Man City def coverage and he was great going forward last year before the injury. Didn't play much in Russia so should be reasonably fresh.

There is absolutely no way Mendy will be back for start of season after France winning. On top of that he picked up an injury during WC. All you will get from him first few weeks is a price drop.
    Bailly on the other hand could be a very canny pick. I think im going to chance him.
    Same for Siggy.
    Ddg also may not play gw 1 if you believe Mourinho. Need to monitor that

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

km79 wrote: »
    De Gea (Button)
    Firmino PEA (Quaner)

There is absolutely no way Mendy will be back for start of season after France winning. On top of that he picked up an injury during WC. All you will get from him first few weeks is a price drop.
    Bailly on the other hand could be a very canny pick. I think im going to chance him.
    Same for Siggy.
    Ddg also may not play gw 1 if you believe Mourinho. Need to monitor that
    Ahh fair didn't realise he picked up an injury, will probably work him in my early WC then. 
    Little mix-up then:
    Mendy -> Coleman
    Kenedy -> Gerry (Don't back Newcastle first few fixtures)
    Bednarek -> Bennett

Ahh fair didn't realise he picked up an injury, will probably work him in my early WC then. 
    Little mix-up then:
    Mendy -> Coleman
    Kenedy -> Gerry (Don't back Newcastle first few fixtures)
    Bednarek -> Bennett

Solid moves
    I think I may have a stab at a first draft now myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wilberto wrote: »
    New team is

Ederson (Stekelenburg)
    Azpi | Robertson | Bellerin | Bennett (Peltier)
    Salah | Sane | Mkhi | Cork (Stephens)
    Firmino | Auba (Bonatini)

Okay. Let's try again (Just the three changes this time) :

Ederson (Stekelenburg)
    Azpi | Robertson | Coleman | Bennett (Peltier)
    Salah | Sane | Mkhi | Lookman (Stephens)
    Firmino | Auba (Quaner)

Bellerin > Coleman - Both have nice fixtures but Coleman seems more nailed on maybe? Out of the 5.5m defenders, I think Bellerin, Coleman, Monreal (maybe) and Bailly are probably the best options. Arsenal and Everton seem to have the better fixtures in the opening 9 weeks (aside form Arsenal's first two (although, they will be playing depleted Manchester City on the opening day)).

Cork > Lookman - This is my absolute punt. Nice fixtures for Everton (as above), plus he did quite well for Leipzig last season on loan. Rumours of him going back there this season though so this may have to change. Could be a steal at 5.5m (or, conversely, could also be a 'WTF was I thinking?' moment!)

Bonatini > Quaner - Saves 0.5m for elsewhere. Probably the best 4.5m striking option out there (now that's a backhanded compliment if ever I saw one!! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ederson (4.0)
    Daniels Douglas Robertson Cedric (4.0)
    Salah Martial Ramsey Mahrez (4.5)
    Firmino Aguero (4.5)

Ok I think I'll leave it at this til the week running up to gw1. The happiest I've been with my squad yet. 4-4-2 obviously. Martial a one week punt (likely to be replaced by Siggy gw2).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

First draft

Lloris
    Laporte Mendy Koscielny Sakho Lejeune
    Pogba Martial Kanté Capoue Bakayoko
    Giroud Lacazette Mounié

(waiting for a second keeper)

Nothing can go wrong, right :D ?

Advertisement