Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

The Galaxy buds plus are on eglobal for 130e, is this company legit? Seems a big discount compared to other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    The Galaxy buds plus are on eglobal for 130e, is this company legit? Seems a big discount compared to other sites.

You'll get mixed reviews. Legit but can be slow for delivery. Some people have had no issues - me for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

GBX wrote: »
    You'll get mixed reviews. Legit but can be slow for delivery. Some people have had no issues - me for one.

I've two orders of them without issue, tracking can be slow to update depending on where they ship from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I need a pair of headphones with a half decent mic for work calls. Anyone have any experience with the Mpow H12s?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Has anyone experience of CREATIVE OUTLIER AIR ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭garion

sharkman wrote: »

Check back through the thread, there's lots of opinions on them! They're my go to pocketable set but others have had bad experiences with connection quality. I'm on my 3rd set (lost the other two!) and haven't had any connectivity issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Had them and returned them twice this year. The replacement unit was as bad as the one I got at Christmas. Lots of interference and dropping out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have a pair that is gathering dust. terrible yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Very frustuating as they have great sound and battery life I'm on my second pair and still loads of dropouts and interference.
    I got a pair of Tiso i5 off aliexpress for 25euro that were great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

xckjoo wrote: »
    I need a pair of headphones with a half decent mic for work calls. Anyone have any experience with the Mpow H12s?

Never used them sorry, but I have used my SoundCores for work calls as well has having decent noise cancelling.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never used them sorry, but I have used my SoundCores for work calls as well has having decent noise cancelling.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ
    Yep, I can’t recommend these enough.

A 4 hour flight to Malta last month tested noise-cancelling, plus now using them regularly while WFH for meetings etc.

They’re an absolute steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

https://www.gsmarena.com/mpow_h12_noisecancelling_wireless_headphones_review-news-39964.php

Cheers for the replies guys. Actually flipping to looking at TWS type earphones now as I got a wired set for calls :D
    Torn between the SoundPeats and BOMAKER

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭54and56

Do you know if the noise cancelling uses CvC 8.0 technology or some other tech which is proprietary to Soundcore? I can't see where the tech they use for noise cancelling is referenced in the product description.

I'd be all over these but for the Micro USB charger. For travelling everything else I bring is now USB C so don't want to step back to Micro USB.

Anyone know of an equivalent product with USB C charging that isn't over €75 or so?

54and56 wrote: »
    Do you know if the noise cancelling uses CvC 8.0 technology or some other tech which is proprietary to Soundcore? I can't see where the tech they use for noise cancelling is referenced in the product description.

sorry I dont know the technology for the AVC. Ill find the box later and see if its mentioned anywhere.

Regarding Micro USB, yeah this is a bit of a pain, but I have a cable powering my Harmony Elite remote base station in my sitting room, so I just rob it to charge my headphones instead of using the one from the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Looking for recommendation for wireless earphones for Android.

Just something basic for listening to podcasts

sorry I dont know the technology for the AVC. Ill find the box later and see if its mentioned anywhere.

I can't find any mention of the technology for the AVC. Sorry.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Looking for recommendation for wireless earphones for Android.

Just something basic for listening to podcasts

There's loads of recommendations if you look back through this thread. Is there something specific you're looking for (TWS, Overear, for sport, ANC, etc.?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There's loads of recommendations if you look back through this thread. Is there something specific you're looking for (TWS, Overear, for sport, ANC, etc.?)

Apologies I had a look back but wasn't sure what deals were still active ect.

Just looking for a bud that fits in ear so I don't trottle myself when listening to podcasts in bed or around the house.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Apologies I had a look back but wasn't sure what deals were still active ect.

Just looking for a bud that fits in ear so I don't trottle myself when listening to podcasts in bed or around the house.

I just got the BOMAKERs in my post above and find them good so far. Pretty much for the same reason as yourself :D. I sleep on my side so generally only do the one at a time but they fit in the wrong ears in needs be (I tend to roll a lot before settling so have to switch earphone ear). Looks like they're sold out at the moment but the other one I was looking at would probably work as well (see my post above).

This site is pretty good for reviews. It's American so prices don't always match up but it's still useful
    https://scarbiraudio.squarespace.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I've got 2 pairs of TWS i9000's (one from a seller here and one from aliexpress) .

Overall good product - decent sound, touch controls work well, in ear detector works, battery is good and in case battery charging and wireless charging all work. Only issue i have is that the mic does not seem to work well for calls at all.

Anyone recommend similar ones but the microphone works well for calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Lost my Tiso's yesterday, is there anywhere I can order a decent cheap pair that will be delivered fast ,not fussy about make model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

BBMcQ wrote: »
    What you all reckon the best true wireless earphones are for calls? Thinking of the Jabra 65t/75t they are between €130-€170. Have an iPhone, don’t want to stretch to AirPods Pro and don’t like the sound of Gen1 AirPods. Have Redmi Airdots currently and love the sound but calling is useless.

Have Jabra 65t. useless for calls as they pick up to much surrounding noise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lost my Tiso's yesterday, is there anywhere I can order a decent cheap pair that will be delivered fast ,not fussy about make model ?
    Treblab Xfit on Mashable or the T1X on Aliexpress

EDIT - Just read your post properly.

Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Hey,

I'm looking for in ear "sport" type phones for running, and walking, as all other types have always fallen out of my ears while even on a gentle stroll!

Either a pair with ear hooks or something that has a wire joining them, I'm not fussy.
    I'd prefer not to use AliExpress due to non existent customer service.
    I have looked back the last 20+ pages and can't find anything, apologies if it's there!

Any advice?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

JCDUB wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking for in ear "sport" type phones for running, and walking, as all other types have always fallen out of my ears while even on a gentle stroll!

Either a pair with ear hooks or something that has a wire joining them, I'm not fussy.
    I'd prefer not to use AliExpress due to non existent customer service.
    I have looked back the last 20+ pages and can't find anything, apologies if it's there!

Any advice?

Thanks!

Creative Outlier ones perhaps might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CurlyEng

GBX wrote: »

+1 on these they work very well for the ears not designed for pods 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all

Looking for something mainly for when I'm mowing the lawn. Current pair are basic enough and sound ain't great.

Would spend around €50, dunno if that would get me something better quality sound wise.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

As above:.....

I have & really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for something mainly for when I'm mowing the lawn. Current pair are basic enough and sound ain't great.

Would spend around €50, dunno if that would get me something better quality sound wise.

Thanks.
    Sasso wrote: »
    As above:.....

I have & really good.

Creative have just released V2 of the outlier ones that look good. Bluetooth 5.0 and 9.5 hour battery life. 39.95 euro.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one-v2?utm_source=eDialog&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailer_en_260320

Advertisement